Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For DE Prospects
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
*ahem*

Collins was too good to pass up. Plenty of size to play DE, or take Barr's spot if he is deemed too expensive. Sample is similar to Griffin size wise. Snowden is another guy I can't pass on.
[Image: nFY0N8IZVFJLA.PNG] Post edited by BarrNone55 on February 24
Could Collins be a year-one starter at Edge AND our long-term Barr replacement? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
*ahem*

Collins was too good to pass up. Plenty of size to play DE, or take Barr's spot if he is deemed too expensive. Sample is similar to Griffin size wise. Snowden is another guy I can't pass on.
Makes sense, doesn't it? The reverse Doleman.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
*ahem*

Makes sense, doesn't it? The reverse Doleman.
That's exactly who i was thinking of. Thought of Doleman when we drafted Barr as well. Definitely something to consider. 

Tulsa LB Zaven Collins (6-4) was up 11 pounds from his Pro Day to 270.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I know about the concussions, but UMiami’s
@CanesFootball Jaelan Phillips is the best defensive player in this year’s draft. I don’t even think it is close.
I don't have any doubt this statement is true. But does he play 17 games a season? 
I would be more concerned about him having to retire while still on his rookie contract.

Agree, Phillips is the one player that you have to pass on.  How can you pull the trigger on a guy who was told to retire from football. 

Kaindoh getting some love too. Early Day 3 guy. Love to see him get molded under Dre.
If we go OL in the first round and then get a Joe Tryon type of guy with our next pick then I would be totally ok with Kaindoh in Day 3. I will say this, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes only took 1 DE this draft if they feel good about Danielle's health and are liking the way Wonnum is progressing. We will see

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Kaindoh getting some love too. Early Day 3 guy. Love to see him get molded under Dre.
If we go OL in the first round and then get a Joe Tryon type of guy with our next pick then I would be totally ok with Kaindoh in Day 3. I will say this, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes only took 1 DE this draft if they feel good about Danielle's health and are liking the way Wonnum is progressing. We will see
I think opposite of Hunter we will probably see a rotation of Weatherly and Wonnum. After that, the mish mosh of Holmes, Hercules, and the various other scrubs could use an update. Zim's comments are still ringing in my ears.

[Image: 7p7x7hv66320.png]

[Image: ik3aw63509bb.jpeg]