• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guru: Vikings Mock Off-Season Plan
Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Now tell us this...what happens if a guy like Fields slips to #14? 
I think they'd at least pause and consider it. But more likely I could see them using him as a ticket to trade back for a premium knowing a team is coming up for a QB. 
Interesting. I guess that would go a long way to show they really are all in with Kirk.
or that they are not in on Fields.   The guy was the projected #2 QB of this draft 6 months ago and now he's possibly the 4th or 5th off the board depending on what you read and believe.
Yeah...I'm a believer in the idea that when a prospect starts sliding, you shouldn't necessarily say, "Oh boy, everyone else is stupid, I'm about to get a bargain!" That's when you think, "Why is everyone else scared off?"

There are times when a slide happens for stupid, off-field reasons: Dalvin Cook, Laremy Tunsil, Randy Moss, Warren Sapp. But that won't be the case with Fields. I think the "steal" of Randy Moss weighs so heavily in Vikings' fans minds that we are always looking for the steal. Sometimes it works but there should be a caution light.
Hmm sliding eh?  Remember Onterrio "Whizzinator" Smith, the original SOD?  First 4th round guy ever to try a rookie hold out too, I think.
Oh, I do. I'm sure he's teaching grad classes at Cal Tech now..