Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Coronavirus Lifestyle Changes
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Bullazin said:
@AGRforever said:
Im never going to run out of TP again!!
yeah as soon as this bullshit blows over, im gonna start hoarding. effing crazy watching my normal supply dwindle while people are still lining up outside costco at 6 am for their ration
I actually ended up doing my Sams run prior to the rush by a couple weeks. We’ve not had trouble with anything. 

Aldi had TP the other day. Are other places empty around the country?
I was in a walmart 1 hour after it opened last thursday and they were out,  I asked an associate if they even get any in and he say 6 pallets every night,  but there is a line waiting for them to open at 7 every morning and its gone within a half hour.   this is in a town of only 25,000 people and has been going like this for about 3 weeks now,  nobody can shit this much!

I found where to get TP - but I aint telling...

On a more serious note, we've all got things on the bucket list. If time, $ and circumstances permit? Those are going to get a lot more prioritized in our household. 

If anything, this has been a big, f'ing reminder we're not promised a tomorrow. 

I am going to hug my daughter more.... maybe my son as well,  but definitely my daughter.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

On a more serious note, we've all got things on the bucket list. If time, $ and circumstances permit? Those are going to get a lot more prioritized in our household. 

My wife and I had a sobering reminder of this a couple weeks ago...  one of our best friends passed away unexpectedly from an undiagnosed heart condition.  Early 30's.  We did a lot of traveling with her and her family.  It's been tough.

We've always had the mindset of not putting things off.  We love to travel and always budget for trips to places we want to go and we do it.  You'll never regret knocking items off your bucket list.  Start now.  You never know when it's your time.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Bullazin said:
@AGRforever said:
yeah as soon as this bullshit blows over, im gonna start hoarding. effing crazy watching my normal supply dwindle while people are still lining up outside costco at 6 am for their ration
I actually ended up doing my Sams run prior to the rush by a couple weeks. We’ve not had trouble with anything. 

I was in a walmart 1 hour after it opened last thursday and they were out,  I asked an associate if they even get any in and he say 6 pallets every night,  but there is a line waiting for them to open at 7 every morning and its gone within a half hour.   this is in a town of only 25,000 people and has been going like this for about 3 weeks now,  nobody can shit this much!
For my own sanity, I started tracking how much toilet paper I actually use. Not to over share, but I'm pretty regular. Started a new roll last Friday. I've still got most of that roll left. 

When the hoarding started, I had a six pack in the linen closet. Two more rolls in the second bathroom. Went to Target as I was low on paper towels, saw that there was almost no toilet paper on the shelves, so I picked up another 6 pack. 

Since that time, I've been in Target 3 more times. Out of curiosity, I checked the paper aisle each time, not a roll in sight. I talked with one of the associates and she said the morning is the best time to get toilet paper if you are running low. Again, for my own sanity, and the fact I have little faith left in humanity, got up early this morning and went to Wal-Mart and picked up another 12 pack.

I like to think I'm a rational person, but by my count I've got enough toilet paper to last until Halloween. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Bullazin said:
@AGRforever said:

Full on bean diet?

[Image: s3nxtjpagq0q.gif]

Toilet Paper Calculator:https://flowingdata.com/2020/03/29/toilet-paper-calculator/

On a more somber note (does it get much more somber than these days?) I'm reading about increases in day-drinking etc.

I suspect we're going to see an uptick in addictions, deeper types of depression, psychosis etc. 

Lot's of people don't have good coping skills and/or demons to battle that are going to win more fights. We're going to have to find a way to support those souls. 

Dilbert may be on to something... Wink

[Image: ea833f904ac60138f105005056a9545d]

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@purplefaithful said:

My wife and I had a sobering reminder of this a couple weeks ago...  one of our best friends passed away unexpectedly from an undiagnosed heart condition.  Early 30's.  We did a lot of traveling with her and her family.  It's been tough.

We've always had the mindset of not putting things off.  We love to travel and always budget for trips to places we want to go and we do it.  You'll never regret knocking items off your bucket list.  Start now.  You never know when it's your time.
I hear yah...

I lost my mom when I was 26 she was 49. I buried some of my best friends (back to jr high best friends)back when I was in my 30's - just like unfortunately you guys have had to to. 

That was damn near 30 years ago now...I'm in my 50's still, but the tail end of those. 

The reality is life, jobs, the day to day all tend to take-up our days.  Takes an awful lot of determination and discipline to hit the bucket list - at least thats been my experience (and my own personal growth opportunity moving forward).