Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what in the Wide World of Sports is going on with Diggs?
Last year he had a record year... and we missed the playoffs.  He's had his share of drops this year (that would've extended drives and allowed our offense more opportunities to put points up)... and at least one BIG fumble.  So... it's not like he is without blame.  That being said, I haven't seen as many of the short crossing routes that we've seen in the past (for him).  Although they weren't always big gains, it did get the ball in his hands more... and give us a high percentage chance of moving the chains.  That's on KS.

"I've had conversations with everybody at this point. Everybody," Diggs said. When asked if he was being heard, he replied, "I don't know at this point. With where things are going with the trend we're at now, I'm not 100 percent sure. ... I've always been a team guy; [I] put the team before myself."

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12389327]

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
If they did trade Diggs now they would save $9,368,750 (less whatever they paid him thru 4 weeks) and would incur a $9,000,000 dead cap hit in 2020 making it a wash.
From a cap perspective it does nothing.
And then, who would be the #2 WR?  Bisi Johnson?
This is where I come out. The Vikings have no one to step in and fill his spot, so it's safe to assume they don't want to trade him.
If he requests a trade that's another story. Not sure what the Vikings would do in that scenario, or what fair compensation would even be.
I like Diggs so I hope whatever is going on gets ironed out.
A 9 million dollar cap hit is steep.

The only way to off set that would be a  bunch of draft picks- which seems unlikely. 

The numbers don't work for a trade.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:[Image: hn6o131wu0bh.jpeg]
Anyway, I'm just having fun. Who knows what the cap math would be. And this is about as likely as me waking up tomorrow with Alicia Vikander in my bed. 
Miracles have happened before...  Wink B)  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:[Image: hn6o131wu0bh.jpeg]
Anyway, I'm just having fun. Who knows what the cap math would be. And this is about as likely as me waking up tomorrow with Alicia Vikander in my bed. 
Miracles have happened before...  Wink B)  
Oh my...I'm going to need a moment...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10750389]

I think there is frustration with Cousins by offensive personnel on the team. Guys are open and he's not seeing them. 

So would it be better if he wasn't frustrated or just not saying anything.  He's a 25 year old, competitive, wants to be better as a player and the team winning, let him vent.   

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think there is frustration with Cousins by offensive personnel on the team. Guys are open and he's not seeing them. 
That much is obvious. The question is...can he recover? Or does this huge teammate, media and fan backlash do permanent damage to his confidence?

There are plenty of people who have never believed in him, but even those people would admit that he was a pretty solid QB "most" of the time who simply didn't have the balls for big games. I just want THAT QB back. We'll deal with the big games as they come, but I just want the guy who was dropping dimes and putting up 700 yards and 7 TDs against the Packers and Rams last year. Where is THAT guy? 

Does he show up against what is a terrible defense in New York? If we get up in this game, I think it would be wise for Stefanski to use it as a sort of "heal Kirk and Stefon" opportunity. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
That much is obvious. The question is...can he recover? Or does this huge teammate, media and fan backlash do permanent damage to his confidence?

There are plenty of people who have never believed in him, but even those people would admit that he was a pretty solid QB "most" of the time who simply didn't have the balls for big games. I just want THAT QB back. We'll deal with the big games as they come, but I just want the guy who was dropping dimes and putting up 700 yards and 7 TDs against the Packers and Rams last year. Where is THAT guy? 

Does he show up against what is a terrible defense in New York? If we get up in this game, I think it would be wise for Stefanski to use it as a sort of "heal Kirk and Stefon" opportunity. 

I think he's too nice and too much of a pleaser (Cousins). His temperament, although in everyday life nice and admirable, doesn't lend itself to a competitive fire....like fellow nice guy Drew Brees. Brees is a ball buster competitive-wise. Fiery. Cousins is quick to look down in frustration and be a sad sack. Get mad. Show some fire. He can't. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
So would it be better if he wasn't frustrated or just not saying anything.  He's a 25 year old, competitive, wants to be better as a player and the team winning, let him vent.   

He can vent all he wants.  Thielen did.  Call out the O coordinator, the QB, hell, the equipment manager.  But don't play the passive/aggressive "trade me" card.  How does that fit the  "I've always been a team guy; [I] put the team before myself" mantra?