Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's Not $84 Million Worth Of QB Play
Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@silverjoel said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:
I am so pissed about that INT. All he had to do was keep handing it off. Boneheaded. 
Not his call though. OC called pass for some odd reason. I still think thielen broke his route off as well. 

Never should have been passing at all there.
Exactly. Why wouldn't you run? They couldn't stop it, and they were gassed.
Wait, so all last year and this off-season there were tons of fans clamoring for the run to set up the play action pass.  The Vikings ran and set up a play action pass.

Don't blame a terrible throw on play calling.
BS. If they can't stop it, why stop yourself?  This has nothing to do with fans clamoring. It had everything to do with stopping yourself. And the play caller should know you can't trust a guy who was erratic all day. Why not trust a guy who was producing? Cook. It was first down so Cousins should have thrown it away. But why not run it a couple more times, then throw if needed?
At the very least run it on first down......

As said green Bay was gassed and were being gashed by the Vikings run offense.

SMH.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@silverjoel said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:
I am so pissed about that INT. All he had to do was keep handing it off. Boneheaded. 
Not his call though. OC called pass for some odd reason. I still think thielen broke his route off as well. 

Wait, so all last year and this off-season there were tons of fans clamoring for the run to set up the play action pass.  The Vikings ran and set up a play action pass.

BS. If they can't stop it, why stop yourself?  This has nothing to do with fans clamoring. It had everything to do with stopping yourself. And the play caller should know you can't trust a guy who was erratic all day. Why not trust a guy who was producing? Cook. It was first down so Cousins should have thrown it away. But why not run it a couple more times, then throw if needed?
It was a good play call.  It was meant to keep the defense off balance.  First down passes have the highest success rate, better than waiting for a sure passing down.  An incomplete pass doesn't hurt there.

Don't throw a horrible pass.  That's it.
I agree. But trickery wasn't needed. They couldn't stop the run. I'm not saying Cousins wasn't at fault, I just don't understand why a team you physically dominated the previous 3 plays, needs a trick play to fool. 
It was all Cousins fault, I just question why rely on him, rather than Cook?

The Packers had 9 in the box. The Packers crashed the run action off the line and when Cousins turned to set/throw there wasn't anyone within 5 yards of him. 

I think I understand why you go play action there. I don't understand freezing a stacked box attempting to isolate outside WRs against man coverage. I really don't understand why a veteran QB won't have chucked that ball in the dirt or away. If we feel like a passing play was dumb there, why did Kirk seem to act like it was his last chance to make a play? 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@silverjoel said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@silverjoel said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:

It was a good play call.  It was meant to keep the defense off balance.  First down passes have the highest success rate, better than waiting for a sure passing down.  An incomplete pass doesn't hurt there.

Don't throw a horrible pass.  That's it.
I agree. But trickery wasn't needed. They couldn't stop the run. I'm not saying Cousins wasn't at fault, I just don't understand why a team you physically dominated the previous 3 plays, needs a trick play to fool. 
It was all Cousins fault, I just question why rely on him, rather than Cook?
Well, I'll agree to disagree on this one.  A play action pass is a play ran by every NFL team in every game.  I don't see it as trickery, I see as a commonly used play that increases passing success for all QBs.  There was only 1 thing that could have (and did in this instance) make that a bad play.  

It sucks, but it's still only 1 game.  

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
You guys are sort of nuts on the whole teddy thing. Teddy hasn’t done shit since he left here and there’s a reason for that and plus it would have cost us more to keep him than what it cost others. Teddy is nobody’s answer. And he wouldn’t be ours either. 

We are stuck with Cousins and I think when he goes so will zimmer and spielman.
Its as simple as this.

This sports radio mentality of 'get Teddy....trade for this guy....bring Sloter back' is all such fan drenched stupidity. Garbage thinking.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:

He could have fucking threw it away and lived for another play.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:

Agreed. Blaming that play on the OC is way wrong. Just throw the damn ball away. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@1VikesFan said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:

Agreed. Blaming that play on the OC is way wrong. Just throw the damn ball away. 
I'm not blaming the play on the OC. I'm just questioning the call, when they had so much success with the run.  Any good QB would have thrown the ball away. It's 100% on Cousins.
My point is, the OC can't trust Cousins' performance!

I’m not saying we should “get Teddy” or anyone else for that matter because it is an absolute impossibility for 84 million reasons...and as much as I’m very disappointed in ol’ Kirk’s performance yesterday I’m not throwing in the towel on the season. It is just quite disturbing to me to see how this guy can be so bone-headed at times...oh, and he’s a fumble machine.

I just don’t know why we had to go out and buy this guy and give him a huge guaranteed contract. He didn’t earn it last year...at all.

Kirk is paid like he’s Tom Brady but that’s where any comparisons with Tom Brady end.

Quote: @prairieghost said:

I just don’t know why we had to go out and buy this guy and give him a huge guaranteed contract. 
I realize the Vikings didn't have many good options when they signed Kirk. But like you, I can't figure out why they gave him a three year guaranteed contract. I don't think anyone had a guaranteed contract before.
Why not structure it so he could be moved the third year if things don't work out.
If things go bad this year it's going to be costly to move him; and I doubt it would happen.