Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People of Earth; We need to protect our planet better
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Lets just remove the subterfuge and maybe as a species we can agree to:
  • There is probably a change in climate occuring
  • This change is most likely not good for the planet or any of its inhabitants
  • We as a species are charged with ensuring the health of the planet
  • We should put resources into better understanding this change & causal with the outcome a plan on making the environment better tomorrow
How's that reds/blues, righties/lefties???
The "climate" has been changing since the creation of the world.  And we're all still here.  So, I don't agree that the "change" (if it is actually happening) is a bad thing.
I also don't agree that we have the ability of "ensuring the health of the planet"... although I whole-heartedly believe in being good stewards of God's gifts, which includes not polluting.
I don't agree we should put ANY resources into this, as I don't think there is anything that we (as human beings) can do to change it- one way or the other.  All the Billion$ of dollars that are spent on this could be (would be) better spend on REAL issues.

Sorry; no disrespect intended.  I just don't see "climate change" as the existential threat that you do.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
  • We should put resources into better understanding this change & causal with the outcome a plan on making the environment better tomorrow
  •  
    There has been climate change and there will be climate change.  Technically, we are only here due to global warming.  Ice covered much of the earth's land in the past. 
  •   What's good for the planet and it's inhabitants are two different things. 
  •   Don't pollute.  Leave only footprints.  I agree. 
  •   Resources are wasted trying to control something that's been going on for 800,000+ years.  Charts and samples show it's been warmer in the past than it is now.  What "human" activity caused those spikes?  It's really about control.  Controlling everything and everyone.   Our future as a species relies on getting off this blue marble not trying to control it.   

What do you do with sites like this:  https://realclimatescience.com/2018/09/n...s-history/
According to that site NOAA is adjusting data giving credence to the warming trend when in fact a lot of the early data is estimated.  If we're estimating temperature and comparing temps from 100 years ago that don't exist couldn't you make the case that we're getting hotter, colder or staying the same?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
What do you do with sites like this:  https://realclimatescience.com/2018/09/n...s-history/
According to that site NOAA is adjusting data giving credence to the warming trend when in fact a lot of the early data is estimated.  If we're estimating temperature and comparing temps from 100 years ago that don't exist couldn't you make the case that we're getting hotter, colder or staying the same?

Well you know that... and I know that... but we're ignorant tools because we don't blindly go along with whatever the liberal-controlled pseudo-science says.

so the millions of acres of forests being burned in brazil . . . 1/5th of the planets source of oxygen . . . do not call out the reasoning for it?  You do not see how human impact can exacerbate a problem?  if we had a basic tool, a choice to prevent it, should we take it?

reduction of oxygen, increased carbon, no effect on us?

Quote: @pumpf said:
@purplefaithful said:
The "climate" has been changing since the creation of the world.  And we're all still here.  So, I don't agree that the "change" (if it is actually happening) is a bad thing.
I also don't agree that we have the ability of "ensuring the health of the planet"... although I whole-heartedly believe in being good stewards of God's gifts, which includes not polluting.
I don't agree we should put ANY resources into this, as I don't think there is anything that we (as human beings) can do to change it- one way or the other.  All the Billion$ of dollars that are spent on this could be (would be) better spend on REAL issues.

Sorry; no disrespect intended.  I just don't see "climate change" as the existential threat that you do.
this is by far one of the most selfish takes I’ve ever seen from educated humans.  What exactly are the REAL issues?  

Quote: @Skodin said:
so the millions of acres of forests being burned in brazil . . . 1/5th of the planets source of oxygen . . . do not call out the reasoning for it?  You do not see how human impact can exacerbate a problem?  if we had a basic tool, a choice to prevent it, should we take it?

Don't waste your time. Do you like talking economic policy with 4 year olds? Do you like talking astrophysics with flat earthers? Then save your sanity and don't talk climate change with climate deniers. 

it just blows my mind, why would anyone want to try deny that things are getting severe?  what real stake do you have in the matter unless you are in the climate change denial business (heavy fossil fuels) the severity should be enough NO MATTER the cause (man influenced or not) for us to be having a serious effort in fixing it. Its an issue and for many people here it will become a massive issue for mid west farmers (droughts/rainy seasons/flooding)

the only financial savior they have, the world gets on board, puts in a carbon sequestration incentive on smart farming. That would be the CASH FLOW for farmers of america, using their lands, getting paid when they cant grow anymore, while fighting climate change. talk about mind fuck for climate change deniers

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:

Don't waste your time. Do you like talking economic policy with 4 year olds? Do you like talking astrophysics with flat earthers? Then save your sanity and don't talk climate change with climate deniers. 
People like pumpf are hopeless individuals. Yes, a fundamentalist Christian from the Midwest knows more than the entire scientific community.

Time to really start ignoring the simple people. The adults know what's best, let the 4 year olds feel like they have a voice, pat them on the head every now and then, and keep this planet moving forward. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@AGRforever said:

Well you know that... and I know that... but we're ignorant tools because we don't blindly go along with whatever the liberal-controlled pseudo-science says.
And yet, there's no scientific proof of the existence of God, yet you put your entire life's existence into FAITH that He exists, but pay no attention to actual science and data from thousands of scientists with PhD's all over the world, because that's all liberal mumbo jumbo.

Oh if you could only begin to understand the hypocrisy of your entire existence based on unproven  faith and miracles vs. your skepticism of real science because your selfish political beliefs won't allow it.

You've lived your entire life in complete hypocrisy and yet you don't even realize it.

Funny shit, but that's conservative America for you. 

Don't worry, in another 20 years the next generation isn't putting up with your shit and they will drag your asses kicking and screaming into the future, and not let the rest of the country or the world be tied down by science deniers anymore.  

Coal and fossil fuels are a dead end road that leads to nowhere, and Trump and Republicans need to stop preventing this country from catching up to the rest of the world.