Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears game crucial for Cousins
Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
@comet52 said:
He is what he is.   I guess one can cry about it every day, or wish for Case Keenum to magically be here, or whatever.   Or you could just hope they shore up the o-line and give him him and the team a better chance.   I mean, is that better than endless whining and a member card in the I hate Kirk Cousins fan club?   He's here for 2 years like it or not.

He's had good games, but today against a Bears squad that put him under pressure constantly was not one of them.
4-25 vs teams with winning records.  Is that the guy you hang your franchise on.... cuz the Vikings did. 

I am waiting for anyone anywhere to document that "stat", which started on the old PT board and moved here like a virus.   It's based on some fan article with no backup.   Now I went to profootballreference and dug a little and came up with a different number, but I don't even know what the definition of that stat is - vs a team with a winning record at the time they played, or a winning record at the end of the year?   What was Washington's record vs winning teams with RGIII during that time?   What is Case Keenum's lifetime record vs winning teams minus his miracle 2017 season?

I don't get why that matters, and I will tell you that 4-25 is wrong/inaccurate any way.   It's not hugely better than that but it is better.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@Bezerker88 said:
@comet52 said:
He is what he is.   I guess one can cry about it every day, or wish for Case Keenum to magically be here, or whatever.   Or you could just hope they shore up the o-line and give him him and the team a better chance.   I mean, is that better than endless whining and a member card in the I hate Kirk Cousins fan club?   He's here for 2 years like it or not.

He's had good games, but today against a Bears squad that put him under pressure constantly was not one of them.
4-25 vs teams with winning records.  Is that the guy you hang your franchise on.... cuz the Vikings did. 

I am waiting for anyone anywhere to document that "stat", which started on the old PT board and moved here like a virus.   It's based on some fan article with no backup.   Now I went to profootballreference and dug a little and came up with a different number, but I don't even know what the definition of that stat is - vs a team with a winning record at the time they played, or a winning record at the end of the year?   What was Washington's record vs winning teams with RGIII during that time?   What is Case Keenum's lifetime record vs winning teams minus his miracle 2017 season?

I don't get why that matters, and I will tell you that 4-25 is wrong/inaccurate any way.   It's not hugely better than that but it is better.
Cousins against teams that finish above .500:
2014 - 0-3 
W - None 
L - Eagles, Seahawks, Cardinals
2015 - 0-3 
W - None 
L - Panthers, Patriots, Jets
2016 - 2-5 
W - Packers, Giants 
L - Cowboys x2, Giants, Lions, Steelers
2017 - 2-8 
W - Rams, Seahawks 
L - Eagles x2, Cowboys x2, Chiefs, Vikings, Saints, Chargers
2018 - 1-6 
W - Eagles
L - Rams, Saints, Bears x2, Patriots, Seahawks
Total - 5-25 Against teams that finish with a winning record.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@comet52 said:
@Bezerker88 said:
@comet52 said:

Cousins against teams that finish above .500:
2014 - 0-3 
W - None 
L - Eagles, Seahawks, Cardinals
2015 - 0-3 
W - None 
L - Panthers, Patriots, Jets
2016 - 2-5 
W - Packers, Giants 
L - Cowboys x2, Giants, Lions, Steelers
2017 - 2-8 
W - Rams, Seahawks 
L - Eagles x2, Cowboys x2, Chiefs, Vikings, Saints, Chargers
2018 - 1-6 
W - Eagles
L - Rams, Saints, Bears x2, Patriots, Seahawks
Total - 5-25 Against teams that finish with a winning record.
I stand corrected.  

God that is just such a shitty stat.

Does anyone else think that there is something just a little off with Cousins?  Like it seems that even in his interviews he is trying too hard to be the guy.  I don’t know, its hard to explain, but everything with Kirk seems to be a little too fake or manufactured.  When you really are the man, you don’t have to worry about projecting that image.  It’s like he has to project an aura of fake confidence, and that helps to explain why when the lights are brightest and the games mean the most, all of that is stripped away and he retreats into his turtle shell.

I know this probably doesn’t make a lot of sense, and feel free to roast away, but I just don’t get a very genuine or confident vibe from KC.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:

Does anyone else think that there is something just a little off with Cousins?  Like it seems that even in his interviews he is trying too hard to be the guy.  I don’t know, its hard to explain, but everything with Kirk seems to be a little too fake or manufactured.  When you really are the man, you don’t have to worry about projecting that image.  It’s like he has to project an aura of fake confidence, and that helps to explain why when the lights are brightest and the games mean the most, all of that is stripped away and he retreats into his turtle shell.

I know this probably doesn’t make a lot of sense, and feel free to roast away, but I just don’t get a very genuine or confident vibe from KC.
not gonna pile on when the man is down, but I mentioned something to that effect when his signing day video surfaced last spring.  Something about his demeanor bugged me.  It may be as you say, false confidence, or manufactured or something else.  But I agree, something isn't right.

Quote: @greediron said:
@SFVikingFan said:

not gonna pile on when the man is down, but I mentioned something to that effect when his signing day video surfaced last spring.  Something about his demeanor bugged me.  It may be as you say, false confidence, or manufactured or something else.  But I agree, something isn't right.
If any of what was said during the game(Joe/Troy) about how Kirk likes to "divide his day into 10 minute segments" as way to be control things bothered me.  I am paraphrasing here but I know they said something about how he likes to be perfect and in control.  I know people like that and they are not good in "live" situations, on paper they are great, but when it's live and messy.... they can't deal with it.  I hope he's not like that but it does seem to fit what I've seen so far from him.  My Vikings will never be a perfect team...  we didn't need a "perfectionist" for a QB either.  Football is messy and violent. 

Anyone else hear what they said about Cousins? 

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
@greediron said:
@SFVikingFan said:

If any of what was said during the game(Joe/Troy) about how Kirk likes to "divide his day into 10 minute segments" as way to be control things bothered me.  I am paraphrasing here but I know they said something about how he likes to be perfect and in control.  I know people like that and they are not good in "live" situations, on paper they are great, but when it's live and messy.... they can't deal with it.  I hope he's not like that but it does seem to fit what I've seen so far from him.  My Vikings will never be a perfect team...  we didn't need a "perfectionist" for a QB either.  Football is messy and violent. 

Anyone else hear what they said about Cousins? 
I heard something about him wanting to be perfect, but I had already tuned those idiots out.  Buck annoys me so bad with his front runner lovin blather. 

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:

I think so too. He's too excitable. Can't relax and perform under the bright lights. "YOU LIKE THAT" didn't strike me as a person who was calm and confident. More like someone who was surprised he got the job done.
Yesterday he was wild eyed and rattled from the beginning.
Certainly not all his fault. The Vikings found a way to be pathetic in the playoffs last year without him.
But the few times he had time, he missed badly and for some reason can't see wide open receivers at times.
I know he is under pressure, but that is the time champions deliver and perform well.