Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: DT Sheldon Richardson visiting Vikings
Quote: @96POPS said:
If this is a "done deal" then I'll say good bye now.
hope that doesn't happen.  Love having your insight.

Thanks SD, i would probably pop in time to time. But it may take a while for it to wear off. Brian restructured last year and took a pay cut then to help the team. I was hoping that he could finish here but RS is making it awfully hard. That said what's all the excitment over a guy who's only had 2.5 sacks over the past 2 years?
I know you guys have nothing to do with it. Oh well, whatever will be will be.

Oh Yeah, completely forgot they asked BRob to restructure last year.  Tacky to do it again.
I'm still wondering what Treadwell brings to the table, and why his $ isn't re-evaluated...or job for that matter

After reading the vikes have 24 million left in cap space maybe this is a done deal.  What I read said the 24 million includes Simeon and the 2018 rookies.  15 million still seems high though.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@96POPS said:
If this is a "done deal" then I'll say good bye now.
I don't get the issue...?

If we can get another brutal tackle and make a great D even better, and keep the key players (I include BROB in that), isn't that a positive...?
there is talk about restructuring brobs deal but ive yet to see it from the vikings line we have on the murry deal.

Quote: @96POPS said:
Thanks SD, i would probably pop in time to time. But it may take a while for it to wear off. Brian restructured last year and took a pay cut then to help the team. I was hoping that he could finish here but RS is making it awfully hard. That said what's all the excitment over a guy who's only had 2.5 sacks over the past 2 years?
I know you guys have nothing to do with it. Oh well, whatever will be will be.
Totally get where you are coming from. He already took one for the team. Hell more than one because he has done whatever is asked of him. I am so glad I got to meet you. You are so funny and an all around good guy. Brian has had a huge impact on the team and community.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Oh Yeah, completely forgot they asked BRob to restructure last year.  Tacky to do it again.
I'm still wondering what Treadwell brings to the table, and why his $ isn't re-evaluated...or job for that matter

I checked on this yesterday and Treadwell 's dead money if cut would be almost 5.8 mil, which, I assume, is why they aren't willing to cut him. But I agree, I'd much rather have BRob on this team another season.

love you pops and love brob. i want richardson, but i hope brob gets to stay! 

wright and murray both can reduce way before brob

Josina Anderson‏Verified account @JosinaAnderson 14m14 minutes ago
More
In transit update: Sheldon Richardson is still at the #Vikings facility. There is a plan for dinner, at this time.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
If I'm dropping ANYONE /salary it would be Treadwell.
Cutting him would cost the Vikings $2.5 million in cap space if it happened prior to June 1st. After June 1st, it would still cost them $1.2 million. 

I guess that's a polite way of saying that I'm happy you aren't in charge of the Vikings' salary cap or roster moves.