Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh man.....this would be sweet....
Quote: @greediron said:
@FSUVike said:
Let me ask a question. Seattle gave up their 2nd Round pick AND their second best WR to get this guy and they're willing to let him walk after one year. 

Why is that? Does anyone have serious intel on why?

From the outside it looks like the move was a last ditch effort to give the Defense one last hurrah and now the Hags have decided to blow the whole thing up. Big price to pay, though. Why not keep him as part of the Rebuild? 
That was my take.  Desperate measures for desperate times.  They haven't drafted as well recently and now that all those low price rookie contracts have turned into high priced ones, they are struggling.  They may have finally solved some of their O-line issues, but that has been their biggest issue of late.  Now the defense is falling apart except for Thomas and Wagner. 

Makes me happy to see them imploding.

Agreed. couldnt have happened to a better feanchise. I know playing in Seattle is tough but seriously, they were EHH last year and now they are even worse. 

No Richardson, Richardson, Bennett, Sherman, Graham, potentially Kam. 

who would you be concerned about?  Doug Baldwin?  Thomas Rawls?

3-1 vs the NFC West would be ideal and realistic. Same for AFC East. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@FSUVike said:
Let me ask a question. Seattle gave up their 2nd Round pick AND their second best WR to get this guy and they're willing to let him walk after one year. 

From the outside it looks like the move was a last ditch effort to give the Defense one last hurrah and now the Hags have decided to blow the whole thing up. Big price to pay, though. Why not keep him as part of the Rebuild? 
we gave up a 1st and 4th for bradford and let him walk.  maybe they see suh as an upgrade similarly to how we view cousins?
Not even close to the same situation, but good effort.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@FSUVike said:

we gave up a 1st and 4th for bradford and let him walk.  maybe they see suh as an upgrade similarly to how we view cousins?
So Richardson would be the Starter on a long term deal if he hadn't got hurt in week 1 and basically missed the rest of the season? 

Here's a little article about him from last Sept.  Sounds like more of grinder than a flashy splash play guy.  He'd be a solid addition, but not like getting the next Johnny Randle or Millard.  I think Zim would love having him in a more like a Kevin Williams type of player.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/340437/sea...interview/?
Seahawks’ Sheldon Richardson: ‘I feel like my best plays are when I’m causing havoc’
Seahawks fans might be excited about Sheldon Richardson’s stats, but the 26-year-old defensive tackle is not that impressed.

In fact, he thinks sacks can be overrated.

Sheldon Richardson talks ‘Hawks’ energy: ‘The whole building is fired up’

Richardson, who recorded four tackles in a solid first appearance
with the Seahawks in Green Bay, is preparing to make his first start in
front of an entirely new fan base in one of the loudest stadiums in the
NFL. He joined 710 ESPN Seattle’s John Clayton Friday to talk about how
he is adapting to the Seahawks locker room, how he describes his own
pass-rush style, and why he thinks sacks aren’t always the most
important stat.

Seattle acquired the 6-feet-3, 295-pound Richardson in a trade with the New York Jets in early September.
The move to Seattle also brought a transition from a 3-4 to a 4-3
defense – a move Clayton argues is a more natural fit for Richardson’s
speed and athleticism. He also seems to fit in well with the Seahawks’
locker room; a number of players reached out to Richardson following the
trade, with cornerback Richard Sherman being the first to call.

“Richard Sherman called me the most. He called me first, I should
say,” Richardson said. “Talked to him, a few text messages here and
there, telling me, ‘Welcome to the team,’ how this team is and what they
do here. And I told him, ‘Let’s ride.’

“I’m a really adaptable guy,” Richardson said. “I always tell them I’m like water; whatever you need me to be, I am.”

So how is he flowing in Seattle?

“Still finding my way right now, but other than that it’s just getting inside pass rush, and stopping the run.”

Richardson is a versatile, disruptive lineman; in his four-year
career with the Jets, Richardson recorded 18 sacks, 142 tackles, five
forced fumbles and a safety. But he’s not too blown away by his own
stats.

“I just like to have a lot of consistent pressure,” Richardson said.
“Because you can get a sack and never be seen again in a game, so those
stats can be a little fluffed. I feel like my best plays are when I’m
causing more havoc, and not just getting a stat. Like more so strip
fumbles and causing interceptions and things like that, and (this
season) we’re going to have our chances at the ball like that.”

Richardson = KWill is very nice comparison. He will able to hold down the middle, while collapsing the pocket. If he gets that swag going, single blocking him will be a tough task for anyone. 

Dont think this guy has earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath as KW. Country strong KW lol!

None the less, we need to improve that DL to even just keep up with the Joneses of the NFC. 

well speilman personally picked Richardson up af airport. full court press. done deal*

what other teams GM does this? do they, i dont know

*unless it isnt lol

Quote: @FSUVike said:

It's also possible that Richardson wants out and Seattle is not willing to tag him to force retention. Richardson may feel the Seahawks are going in the wrong direction, or he never liked the area, or didn't fit in with the team...many possible reasons.
But you're right that 27-year-old Richardson could fit with a rebuild / youth movement in Seattle. Signing Suh might be more exciting to their fans, but also problematic and expensive. It might be a sign that Richardson didn't play up to his reputation.

maybe Richardson didnt like the social activist focus of a team full of people that like to tell everyone else how to think. 

now Sherman and Bennet are gone, but the seahawks are always talked about as having a different culture than other teams. maybe that culture is off-putting to guys focused on Football. 

Im hoping he isnt the one who tried to climb up into the stands after some fans