Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John DeFilippo on Vikings' quarterback situation: 'We're going to get it fixed'
Are you guys talking about Teddy or Dalvin? If Teddy, this is the play...

Quote: @Poiple said:
@greediron said:
running cones?  Who said anything about running cones?  He put a RB type of juke in the preseason game the day or 2 before.
@Poiple said:
@greediron said:
Cook's injury was non-contact as well.

I doubt anyone believes it was just a matter of the leg coming apart.  It has been speculated that the nasty juke he put on a SF defender the day before was the most likely cause of injury.  And then planting and throwing causes rotation and twisting of the left knee. 

So yes, the non-contact part is overblown IMO.
Ive seen other RBs blow a knee on a juke in a game.  It might be just me but I put a QB doing while running cones in practice in a different catagory.  Maybe I shouldnt but i do.

I think it was the extent of the injury also. One minute he is running cones and the next his foot is on backwards.  That is very freaky to me.

Back when it happened I thought I had read it was a cone drill.  I may be wrong, as I often am as my memory slips and am always happy to be corrected.
I think it occurred on a pass in a walk through.  I could be wrong, but that is what I recall.  And I guess the game before was SD, not SF.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Poiple said:
@greediron said:
running cones?  Who said anything about running cones?  He put a RB type of juke in the preseason game the day or 2 before.
@Poiple said:
@greediron said:

I doubt anyone believes it was just a matter of the leg coming apart.  It has been speculated that the nasty juke he put on a SF defender the day before was the most likely cause of injury.  And then planting and throwing causes rotation and twisting of the left knee. 

Ive seen other RBs blow a knee on a juke in a game.  It might be just me but I put a QB doing while running cones in practice in a different catagory.  Maybe I shouldnt but i do.

I think it was the extent of the injury also. One minute he is running cones and the next his foot is on backwards.  That is very freaky to me.

Back when it happened I thought I had read it was a cone drill.  I may be wrong, as I often am as my memory slips and am always happy to be corrected.
I think it occurred on a pass in a walk through.  I could be wrong, but that is what I recall.  And I guess the game before was SD, not SF.
The damage was done prior,  but it reportedly gave out when he was dropping back to pass in a non contact drill as he planted.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@Poiple said:
@greediron said:
@Poiple said:
@greediron said:

The damage was done prior,  but it reportedly gave out when he was dropping back to pass in a non contact drill as he planted.
That's the first I've heard of this.  

Quote: @lakeerievike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@Poiple said:
@greediron said:
@Poiple said:
@greediron said:

That's the first I've heard of this.  

That part about damage or the part about the drop back?  I'm speculating on the damage,  but like I said before healthy knees don't just break.

well its great to hear it wasnt a cone drill and the actual damage was from planting during a game. 
After losing all this time on his rookie contract, I wonder if it might be best for Teddy to take a one year incentive laden contract to prove himself in hopes of getting his big payday. I hope he has a ton of success however this plays out.