Every Teddy long pass from 2015
Quote: @Poiple said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@Wetlander said:
@Norse said:
@Wetlander said:
What I find funny is that Teddy gets ripped for his arm strength and inconsistent deep ball...  yet Case has a weaker arm and arguably had much better WRs to come down with contested catches downfield...  and one gets a free pass and the other doesn't.
Teddy and Case both had these recievers.
Diggs
Thielen
wright
Rudy 
Case helped our receivers to get good numbers...Teddy couldn't achieve that.

Wright had better numbers with Teddy than Case...  Diggs was a rookie that only started 13 games...  Thielen was a special teams player...  and Rudy caught a couple more TDs with Case but had basically the same amount of targets, receptions, and yards.

I guess I'm having a hard time seeing how the two situations are even remotely similar.
Both QB's had basically the same recievers. Except Teddy had Wallace who left and had a 1000 yard season with his next team.

if you cant see the differences in the 2 offenses and those 2 players (specifically Diggs and Theilen) from 2015 to 2017 then there is no point in trying to have a football discussion with you.   the talking points have been made time and time again and if you refuse to use common sense and your eyes than no amount of discourse will make a difference.
We all know playcalling and blocking have quite a bit to do with a QBs success.  Case had a great year, and I really like him.  But, he never had a great season before this one.  Seems logical to me that Teddy, Sam, or Cousins would also be better with smart playcalling and an OLine that can provided a strong rushing game and protect the QB.  The pass protection for both Teddy and Sam was total crap when they were starters.
while some of that is true, there is no doubt that Case brought something of himself to the table. He. oved around the pocket better than Teddy or Sam, extended plays with his legs often and had 22TDs to only 7 Ints.  I know that his mobility helped the O line mask a few of their deficiencies, and maybe that is something that should be recognized.

Guys like Montana and Tark werent known for their arm strength but instead combined their mobility with accuracy.  The ability to keep your eyes downfield and sense when it is time to move and which direction is not something eveyone posseses.  It puzzles me why many who saw it all season long now choose to ignore it.
who is ignoring that Case exhibited excellent mobility?  I have yet to see anybody arguing against his mobility being a strong suit.  this type of statement is where internet fallacies tend to become fact.   nobody that I can recall has said a single negative word about Cases pocket presence and ability to move around to avoid sacks.   about the only negative from his style of play is he can at times be a pain to block for ( as are all mobile QBs)  as the defender can see him moving and the OL blockers cant which leads to holding calls and often makes an OL player look worse than they should... but Cases best attribute is his mobility and nobody will argue otherwise.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
The whole problem which I have not seen anyone mention is that this video is from two freaking years and one terrible injury ago.

To assume that Teddy will get back to his old playing form and get better is taking a lot of liberty.

There is not a long list (I cannot find anyone besides maybe a Willis McGahee) who have come back from a similar type injury (not just a couple of ligament tears) and have had success.

This is the entire problem for me.

If the Vikings were still rebuilding then I would be fine with Teddy being put back out there and given a chance to sink or swim.

But this team is ready to win now and looking at the contracts on the team the next 3 years are pretty crucial.

After that some players may be gone or asked to redo their deals (like Griffen or Joseph for example).
RBs cant play at a high level with a good knee brace on... WRs cant either,  QBs are only minimally hindered by such braces historically.  How many QBs have had this injury to begin with?  I dont recall any.   Teddys game isnt based on running,  he is passer first and foremost,  his juking and cutting is so limited that its a non starter to try and bring up history of the injury.   Not to mention,  no nerve damage,  which is rare in itself.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
dear lord the comments here about teddy are funny. its hard repeating the same bs to these guys. like talking to a wall. 
Are you here just to bag on those who view Teddy as possibly not the answer? We know, you are pro-Teddy....that's cool. I think we are all pro-Teddy the person, he's a great young man. Its Teddy the player with the questions marks about that leg that draws debate and rightly so. 

The answer isn't clear cut, no matter who you might favor for QB. 
I am strongly in Teddy's corner as well,  but I have to agree with this statement and have said so many times.   They all have question marks and likely none more so than Teddy,  but when comparing expected costs, age, stage of development, and about every other factor that I can come up with... Teddy in purple next year competing for the starting job makes the most sense to me... we all need to keep an open mind on this,  but we need to keep our eyes open as well.  some of the arguments are bordering on the ridiculous both for and against every QB in play. 
I think we all love Teddy.  Perhaps in a little bit healthier way than some others....    

There is little doubt Teddy has the biggest upside but he also has the most to prove. Sam is a former #1 pick with a legendary arm who did some good things while wearing purple.  Case had a heck of year last year and Teddy shows a lot of promise.  But promise isnt the same as having actually done it.

We all got some chicken skin when the crowd roared when Teddy took the field.  Although most of us dont cling to that moment in the wee hours of the night.

Quote: @Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@Wetlander said:
@Norse said:
@Wetlander said:
What I find funny is that Teddy gets ripped for his arm strength and inconsistent deep ball...  yet Case has a weaker arm and arguably had much better WRs to come down with contested catches downfield...  and one gets a free pass and the other doesn't.
Diggs
Thielen
wright
Rudy 

Wright had better numbers with Teddy than Case...  Diggs was a rookie that only started 13 games...  Thielen was a special teams player...  and Rudy caught a couple more TDs with Case but had basically the same amount of targets, receptions, and yards.

I guess I'm having a hard time seeing how the two situations are even remotely similar.
Both QB's had basically the same recievers. Except Teddy had Wallace who left and had a 1000 yard season with his next team.

if you cant see the differences in the 2 offenses and those 2 players (specifically Diggs and Theilen) from 2015 to 2017 then there is no point in trying to have a football discussion with you.   the talking points have been made time and time again and if you refuse to use common sense and your eyes than no amount of discourse will make a difference.
There is a reason Teddy was ranked 30th with his passing game and Keenum's passing game was 10th. Zimmer said it best Case has big balls.
You only seem to make excuses for Teddy.
yep,  done,  have a nice day.

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
dear lord the comments here about teddy are funny. its hard repeating the same bs to these guys. like talking to a wall. 
Are you here just to bag on those who view Teddy as possibly not the answer? We know, you are pro-Teddy....that's cool. I think we are all pro-Teddy the person, he's a great young man. Its Teddy the player with the questions marks about that leg that draws debate and rightly so. 

I am strongly in Teddy's corner as well,  but I have to agree with this statement and have said so many times.   They all have question marks and likely none more so than Teddy,  but when comparing expected costs, age, stage of development, and about every other factor that I can come up with... Teddy in purple next year competing for the starting job makes the most sense to me... we all need to keep an open mind on this,  but we need to keep our eyes open as well.  some of the arguments are bordering on the ridiculous both for and against every QB in play. 
I think we all love Teddy.  Perhaps in a little bit healthier way than some others....    

There is little doubt Teddy has the biggest upside but he also has the most to prove. Sam is a former #1 pick with a legendary arm who did some good things while wearing purple.  Case had a heck of year last year and Teddy shows a lot of promise.  But promise isnt the same as having actually done it.

We all got some chicken skin when the crowd roared when Teddy took the field.  Although most of us dont cling to that moment in the wee hours of the night.
ok troll.   making comments about peoples sexuality great way to engage in adult conversation.  

For all of the Teddy lovers on this site, PA and Charchian discussed Charch's deep dive into the video on KFAN this morning. His assessment of Teddy's overall mechanics, decision making, arm strength, etc. were not favorable at all. I think several of us are guilty of romanticizing Teddy's game and what he's been through. It was interesting to hear him talk about re-familiarizing himself with his skills and deficiencies since it's been 2 years since he's had any meaningful playing time. When comparing Teddy to Bradford, Keenum, or Cousins, he put him last against every one of them. He likes Teddy, but not as a starter. It's definitely worth a listen on the Podcast. 

Quote: @Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@Wetlander said:
@Norse said:
@Wetlander said:
Diggs
Thielen
wright
Rudy 

There is a reason Teddy was ranked 30th with his passing game and Keenum's passing game was 10th. Zimmer said it best Case has big balls.
You only seem to make excuses for Teddy.
Come on Norse,  you arent that siff necked that you cant admit that although the revievers were on the roster they were just starting out and had a ways to go before they would emerge as they have.
Also our line was a mess back then.  This last year was a surprisngly HUGE leap forward in the O lines ability.   
We all have to admit that whoever was behind the helm would have benefited as Diggs, Theilen and the O line matured.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Poiple said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:

ok troll.   making comments about peoples sexuality great way to engage in adult conversation.  
I probably should have only selected the OP as the comment was primarily for his benefit.  But if it touches a nerve?.......

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Norse said:
@Wetlander said:
Diggs
Thielen
wright
Rudy 

Lol, CJohnson and Wallace started ahead of Diggs and Thielen at that stage in their career.  So yeah, the WRs were comparable.  /sarcasm

Just watch the video.  What struck me was the number of drops.  It wasn't Diggs and Thielen because they weren't on the field most of the time.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Poiple said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:

I probably should have only selected the OP as the comment was primarily for his benefit.  But if it touches a nerve?.......
cute.. say speaking of touching... werent you a career navy guy?