Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Caddyshack, Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein?
Ok...so I watched YF tonight and I'm sure this will not be well reviewed but I didn't find it very funny.  In fact I fell asleep for a few minutes of it...maybe I slept through the funny part although I recognized most of the lines I've seen quoted.

Sorry,  I don't see it.

You aren't the only one Jimmy. I am not a fan of it or Blazing Saddles.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Blazing Saddles was funny,  some of it forced and then not funny,   but it provides amusement to me,  very little of YF made me even smirk.  Good humor shouldn't have to beaten in for people to recognize it.  

On a side note I had forgotten how cute Teri Garr was...of course I wasn't very old during her career so....

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Animal House is overrated.  

Stripes.
Animal House is central to our culture.

History of the World Part 1.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban.
Abby?  Abby who?  Abby Normal?
Nice Knockers!  Why sank you doktor!
You men are all alike...five or six quick ones and your off with the boys.
Frau Blucher!
I was going to offer you an espresso!
What hump?

Well, I know most of the lines in all (four), but I'm a huge Young Frankenstein fan.

[Image: image.skreened-t-shirt.light-heathered-g...01b3z1.jpg]

Don't call me Shirley. 

Quote: @Zanary said:
@A1Janitor said:

Stripes.

Well, this explains some of your positions on football and politics etc.  :devil:

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@Zanary said:
@A1Janitor said:

Stripes.

Well, this explains some of your positions on football and politics etc.  :devil:
...and yours on attempts at humor =)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
Blazing Saddles was funny,  some of it forced and then not funny,   but it provides amusement to me,  very little of YF made me even smirk.  Good humor shouldn't have to beaten in for people to recognize it.  

On a side note I had forgotten how cute Teri Garr was...of course I wasn't very old during her career so....
You know, sometimes those shows just don't hit the funny bone.  But watch it again.  Laugh at the lines over a beer with a like minded friend.

Napoleon Dynamite was like that.  First time watching, it was rather meh.  But then recalling some of the lines later with some other guys, and the humor starts to sink in.  Then it is funny as can be.

Those movies are about quotability IMO.  "I'm somebody now", "abby, abby abbynormel" 

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:

You know, sometimes those shows just don't hit the funny bone.  But watch it again.  Laugh at the lines over a beer with a like minded friend.

Napoleon Dynamite was like that.  First time watching, it was rather meh.  But then recalling some of the lines later with some other guys, and the humor starts to sink in.  Then it is funny as can be.

Those movies are about quotability IMO.  "I'm somebody now", "abby, abby abbynormel" 
I get Mel Brooks humor... I love Blazing Saddles,  this one just didnt hit me,  I know what were supposed to be the funny parts,  you just saw them coming to easy in  this one.