Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, lets hit it head-on; Anyone else besides Darnold?
For the same reason I was beating the table for keeping Cousins, while still drafting the QBOTF, I see no reason in settling for a proven broken "bridge QB" who is relegated to, and accepting his fate as a 10 week rental. I want 2 high functioning QB's on this team. The bust rate is too high on draft prospects, not to mention the seasonal injury rate. We can't be caught in in the shambles situation again by hoping a praying we have an iron man QB year after year. Dobbs, Hall, Mullens are not the answer. 

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
In reality, there is not one QB on this roster or available in free agency that’s worth more than 5 wins if they start all year. It literally doesnt matter what sack of shit they march out there. They will suck and they should be booed from second 1. 

There’s also only 2-3 rookie QBs that have any business starting at any point this year. 

2024 is a completely wasted season and worth no one’s time or money unless we move into the top 3. End of story. 
Regarding the free agents I agree. Regarding the rookies we just don’t know. The next month+ until the draft is going to be pretty brutal it looks like but come draft night, once Goodell gets booed to hell and reads that name, all the way up until training camp and hopefully beyond, I and many fans like me will delude ourselves into thinking that whatever rookie we pick will become a cross between Marino and Young, only better. Probably won’t turn out that way but who knows maybe it will. Ya gotta have hope. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
In reality, there is not one QB on this roster or available in free agency that’s worth more than 5 wins if they start all year. It literally doesnt matter what sack of shit they march out there. They will suck and they should be booed from second 1. 

There’s also only 2-3 rookie QBs that have any business starting at any point this year. 

2024 is a completely wasted season and worth no one’s time or money unless we move into the top 3. End of story. 
Regarding the free agents I agree. Regarding the rookies we just don’t know. The next month+ until the draft is going to be pretty brutal it looks like but come draft night, once Goodell gets booed to hell and reads that name, all the way up until training camp and hopefully beyond, I and many fans like me will delude ourselves into thinking that whatever rookie we pick will become a cross between Marino and Young, only better. Probably won’t turn out that way but who knows maybe it will. Ya gotta have hope. 
With hope comes disappointment. I’ll just wallow in reality and be very surprised if it works out

This is my 50th year and when your team goes 47 years without a Superbowl appearance it's hard to have hope. Oh, I've been fooled a few times; 1998, 2009, 2017, 2022 but it will take much more to fool me again.

Per Rapaport, the Vikings have an offer to Sam Darnold, who is deciding between them and the Broncos. Also mentioned Jimmy G and Jameis Winston as two names to keep an eye on for the Vikings 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Per Rapaport, the Vikings have an offer to Sam Darnold, who is deciding between them and the Broncos. Also mentioned Jimmy G and Jameis Winston as two names to keep an eye on for the Vikings 
Jesus Christ…it just keeps getting worse

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Now there's a bridge I've been dreaming about.
[Image: sxav16h1zcl0.jpg]

I would have more confidence in Rudolph and Mullins duking it out to start over a lot of these guys. 

Truth is, if they draft Penix or Nix, that rookie might just take the starting job. If it’s JJ, he needs time, 

As for Fields, his market has to be about dead. All the teams interested signed guys. If they can swimg him for a 3rd day pick, he’d be well worth it. He’d get a year with KOC to see what he truly can become (and not being on a garbage team might help). On top of that, he has like a tiny $6 million cap number. If he does well, they could pick up his 5th year optio for around $25 million. Now to get the Bears to go for it is the trick.