Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson released by Broncos
Quote: @medaille said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
Wilson is easily the best bridge option out there for the Vikings. If we allow Cousins to sign elsewhere, $28.5M hits our cap. Wilson's minimal salary requirements would allow the Vikings to absorb that hit in 2024 at roughly $8M more than Cousins cap hit was in 2023.

Obviously, he's not perfect and there's a shit ton wrong with him, not the least of which is his impact on our carefully crafted culture. But all the perfect options are unavailable, and Wilson is the only QB out there who would legitimately give the Vikings a chance to remain competitive while they onboard a new QB by giving the Vikings the financial headroom to add tier-1 free agents to his surround.  
100%. On a bad Broncos team last season he still accounted for 29 TD's, over 3,000 yards passing with an almost 67% completion percentage. It really doesn't get much better than that for a bridge QB and with the money saved on his salary, it would certainly open up more doors for us. I'd also say this offense suits what he does best very well. 
Yep. I'll add- the Wilson trade looks HORRIBLE for Denver today. But what if 2 years from now they realize the Sean Payton deal is even worse? Dude is a megalomaniac who just cut a solid QB simply because he doesn't like him.
If Russ goes to another team and does well while Denver flounders without a QB for a few years, it will truly be hilarious. Media is all throwing dirt on Russ and clinging to the Payton is a Genius narrative right now. I'd love nothing more than to see all of that shift and this blow up in Payton's face. As cringey as Russ can be, Payton is the dude who I actually kinda hate haha.
While I think everyone hates Blue Steel, Payton didn’t cut
Wilson because he “didn’t like” him. 
Everyone knows this is fucking the Broncos up for a couple years with
the 85M dead cap and they still chose to do that.  Something bad happened where Wilson just can’t
be on the team anymore and it would be a serious liability to have him on the
team and it would probably be a liability for him to be on any team regardless
of cost.  Like he probably pulled a Harvin
and threw a weight at a coach or something equivalent or pulled an Irvin and
stabbed someone with a scissors.

Everything I have read is about how his teammates didnt like him and that Wilson drove Payton nuts...

He was inefficient and coaches had to dumb-down the offense continually through the season.. The few times when Wilson did play lights out it was end of games, 4th quarter ad lib.

Wilson given permission by Broncos to start negotiating with other teams immediately officially starting his free agency today. I sure hope the Vikings know where they sit with Cousins if Wilson was ever a consideration as an alternate option. If so, I'd hate to lose out on him while we are in a holding pattern on Cousins 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Wilson given permission by Broncos to start negotiating with other teams immediately officially starting his free agency today. I sure hope the Vikings know where they sit with Cousins if Wilson was ever a consideration as an alternate option. If so, I'd hate to lose out on him while we are in a holding pattern on Cousins 
Am I the only one that doesn't want this f-ing weirdo on the team? He's a culture killer. Not only no, but hell no.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
Am I the only one that doesn't want this f-ing weirdo on the team? He's a culture killer. Not only no, but hell no.
No you're not.  I think most, if not all, teams will steer clear of him too.

@supafreak84 said:

I would hate to see that turd in our punch-bowl.  On the plus side, I would get a lot more time in bowhunting the early season.

My initial reaction to Wilson is MEH.  But letting the Broncos pay over $30mm of his contract next year while giving him a chance to start in Minnesota while throwing to JJ, Hock and Addison?   While sitting at 11 and picking up a D stud and taking either Bo Nix or Penix in R2?  And having an extra $10+mm to throw at FA's?  Now that's starting to make even the most cynical side of me warm to the idea.  Not saying I'm sold on it, but I could maybe be okay with it...maybe.

I'd take Daniel Jones as a band aid guy if the Giants grab a QB early in round 1 at #6. The word is he's definitely out. He'll be 27 years old in May. Love to see what KOC and McCown could do on turning his career around. Full of talent, big kid. But I think the Giants really can't deal or cut him until after this upcoming season and then they have their out. 

@supafreak84 said:
Nope, exactly how I feel.

I'd take Daniel Jones as a band aid guy if the Giants grab a QB early in round 1 at #6. The word is he's definitely out. He'll be 27 years old in May. Love to see what KOC and McCown could do on turning his career around. Full of talent, big kid. But I think the Giants really can't deal or cut him until after this upcoming season and then they have their out. 
If Brian Daboll couldn't wring any production out of him, I highly doubt anyone else can.  Sometimes you just have to believe what you're seeing.  He's not that good.  I mean, he could easily be a back up for the rest of his career, but no franchise is going to hitch their wagon to him....or at least they shouldn't. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@StickyBun said:
If Brian Daboll couldn't wring any production out of him, I highly doubt anyone else can.  Sometimes you just have to believe what you're seeing.  He's not that good.  I mean, he could easily be a back up for the rest of his career, but no franchise is going to hitch their wagon to him....or at least they shouldn't. 
Odds say you are right, it doesn't happen very often. I'm not really talking about 'hitching the wagon' to him, but more as a bridge guy that might have some upside. He's played in 60 games over his career. He's been in the playoffs.