Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...Trumplestilskin is Skipping the Debate. SHOCKER!
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@savannahskol said:
@VikingOracle said:

You know I am trying to add a little humor to this discussion, right?  And what right do you the compunction to critique my humor if you have never done stand-up.  (I would have done stand-up but my bone spurs prevent me from standing for long periods of time).

No, you're not trying to add humor, your being derisive.  And you know it.  Confirmed by your "humorous" steam-bath comments, subsequent.  

Frankly, by your analysis, what gives Trump the right to criticize those who served, let alone lead them? 

Who has Trump criticized?  Other than McCain/"gold star families" (actually only one, Kzir Khan) 

To use your words, "what gives TRUMP any compunction to opine on others who did serve such as McCain, Gold Star families and those who died during WW2?"

Trump's criticism of Democrat John McCain, was out of bounds.  Said so, at the time. 

"Gold Star families"?  LOL, give me a break.  You're talking about Khzer Khan, Gold Star father that drew 'first blood' at the DNC convention.  
Even the middle of the road "the Hill" agreed:  https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/289932-khizer-khan-was-tricked-into-smearing-donald-trump/

Who has Trump criticized, I guess you lissed the article I posted above: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/08/trump-mocked-us-military-troops-losers-whole-life/

I just find it very hypocritical that you would take so much offense at my jokes about bone spurs and you clearly support someone who actively avoided military service and has criticized POWs and men who gave their life defending this country.   He also called General Mattis "overrated."

As for your citation to The Hill -- two words in your link: "pundits-blog" ("Hurt writes the “Nuclear Option” column for The Washington Times.")   So, don't try to pass that off as from the "middle of the road" The Hill.  If you want to cite an article from The Hill, start here:  "President Trump lashed out at top military brass in a contentious Pentagon meeting in 2017, slamming them as “dopes” and “babies,”  https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478821-trump-at-pentagon-in-2017-youre-a-bunch-of-dopes-and-babies/  

Now, I know you say that I am disqualified from criticizing Trump's draft dodging because I never served (people often may a similar remark about my football IQ as I never played college or pro football), so I will leave you with this clip by someone with a lot more military service than you (which I am guessing makes him more qualified than you to opine as to Trump's bone spurs):  https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/10/18/mattis-overrated-general-al-smith-dinner-trump-sot-vpx.cnn

Or McCain: "One aspect of the conflict, by the way, that I will never ever countenance is that we drafted the lowest income level of America and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur," McCain said during an interview with C-SPAN that aired Sunday."

Or Tammy Duckworth: "Duckworth, in a speech on Saturday, called Trump a “five deferment draft-dodger” and “Cadet Bone Spurs” — a reference to the medical diagnosis the president received in 1968 that allowed him to be exempted from military service."

Or Bob Kerrey: “While John McCain was flying combat operations in Vietnam, you were, I think, falsifying that you had bone spurs in order not to go to Vietnam,” Kerrey said. “Now, I know lots of people who avoided the draft, but this isn’t what he’s saying. He said ‘I physically couldn’t go.’ Well, Mr. President, get your feet X-rayed and let’s see those bone spurs. I don’t think he has them.”

Or Chuck Hagel: Democratic and Republican opponents alike over the weekend seized on the reports - which said that Trump had called U.S. soldiers buried in Europe “losers” - to attack his record on the military on news shows and in political ads.  Former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, a Republican, told ABC’s “This Week” that the remarks, if true, were “despicable.”  Hagel said the reports were "credible" because they were consistent with previous public remarks Trump had made denigrating military personnel, including former U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis here, as well as the late U.S. Senator John McCain here.

So there you have it.  You get all sanctimonious because I, someone who never served in the military, made a joke about another person who never served in the military.  It is the height of irony that you fully embrace for president a draft dodger, who, frankly considers you to be a sucker or loser for enlisting.  ("Jennifer Griffin, a national security correspondent for Fox News, confirmed the president’s remarks Friday.  “According to one former senior Trump administration official: ’When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, ‘It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker,’” Griffin said.). 
that’s your proof?

an un-sourced quote from the Atlantic?

noone in Trumps sphere acknowleged he said that. 

not even Trump-hater John Bolton, who was privy to the conversation(s), andsaid it NEVER HAPPENED. 

Bolton wrote a book on Trump chagrins, and said it didnt happen.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515132-john-bolton-says-he-didnt-hear-trump-insult-fallen-soldiers-in-france/amp/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8709091/John-Bolton-denies-simply-false-reports-Donald-Trump-called-American-war-dead-losers.html

but you have an un-sourced anonymous at the Atlantic…. lmao.  

ok, lets do it this way, counselor.  

name the government official that swears (on any kind of record)  he/she heard Trump directly say 
"Frances Bellau-wood is full of “military losers, and I wont visit. as it will mess my hair”. 

talk about cults.   lmao

Quote: @savannahskol said:
ok, lets do it this way, counselor.  

name the government official that swears (on any kind of record)  he/she heard Trump directly say 
"Frances Bellau-wood is full of “military losers, and I wont visit. as it will mess my hair”. 

talk about cults.   lmao
funny you should mention cults, DJsavvysav. 

Here's one!

As I now turn away from political talk and over to football, I thought it worthwhile to quickly summarize this thread:
  • Savannah maintains that I can't make fun of Trump's bone spurs because I did not enlist in the military ("Have you worn our country's uniform, VO?  Stood a post?  You see, I don't mind criticism from those who served....criticism, earned."). So basically, it is unfair of me to make fun of someone who dodged the draft or didn't enlist because I didn't enlist.
  • Despite the fact Trump (nor any of his family going back generations) has served in the military and Trump has criticized the service of others, Savannah believe Trump is the best candidate to lead our military.  I am guessing it is because of Trump attending a military academy for elementary school or it could be that Savannah also equates avoiding STDs to military service (""It's amazing, I can't even believe it. I've been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It's like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider," Trump said in the interview when Howard Stern asked how he handled making sure he wasn't contracting STDs from the women he was sleeping with.")
  • Savannah correctly pointed out that "bone spurs kept him from serving, not debating."  Thanks for pointing that out to all of us.  I guess we can attribute Trump failure to debate to cowardice, same reason why he won't testify under oath. 
  • According to Savannah, an opinion piece by a Washington Examiner reporter is a legit factual source as long as it is published in the The Hill ("Even the middle of the road "the Hill" agreed") 
  • Though he lauds an opinion piece by a pundit as long as it is posted in the "middle of the road" The Hill, according to Savannah it is outrageous for me to reference an article in The Atlantic that as I noted "portions of which have been corroborated by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News."
  • Yes, I can't even rely on Fox News to make a point.  Rather, according to Savannah, as a Democrat, my burden of proof is to "name the government official that swears (on any kind of record)."  
Yes, so I have been suitably admonished about making jokes about Trump's bone spurs because I did not enlist in the military (or spent my 20s and 30s avoiding STDs).

As I now turn away from political talk and over to football, I thought it worthwhile to quickly summarize this thread:
  • Savannah maintains that I can't make fun of Trump's bone spurs because I did not enlist in the military ("Have you worn our country's uniform, VO?  Stood a post?  You see, I don't mind criticism from those who served....criticism, earned."). So basically, it is unfair of me to make fun of someone who dodged the draft or didn't enlist because I didn't enlist.
  • Despite the fact Trump (nor any of his family going back generations) has served in the military and Trump has criticized the service of others, Savannah believe Trump is the best candidate to lead our military.  I am guessing it is because of Trump attending a military academy for elementary school or it could be that Savannah also equates avoiding STDs to military service (""It's amazing, I can't even believe it. I've been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It's like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider," Trump said in the interview when Howard Stern asked how he handled making sure he wasn't contracting STDs from the women he was sleeping with.")
  • Savannah correctly pointed out that "bone spurs kept him from serving, not debating."  Thanks for pointing that out to all of us.  I guess we can attribute Trump failure to debate to cowardice, same reason why he won't testify under oath. 
  • According to Savannah, an opinion piece by a Washington Examiner reporter is a legit factual source as long as it is published in the The Hill ("Even the middle of the road "the Hill" agreed") 
  • Though he lauds an opinion piece by a pundit as long as it is posted in the "middle of the road" The Hill, according to Savannah it is outrageous for me to reference an article in The Atlantic that as I noted "portions of which have been corroborated by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News."
  • Yes, I can't even rely on Fox News to make a point.  Rather, according to Savannah, as a Democrat, my burden of proof is to "name the government official that swears (on any kind of record)."  
Yes, so I have been suitably admonished about making jokes about Trump's bone spurs because I did not enlist in the military (or spent my 20s and 30s avoiding STDs).
Yeah, big surprise the hypocrisy. But what else is new?

Wow!

One almost has to be impressed with the determination of the "Drooling Drones of Donald", because they'll absolutely insist anything, anything whatsoever, in defense of their feckless, spineless liar!

If you use a source other than theirs, it must be "faek nooz".
If you use their source, it doesn't count unless it's also been corroborated by another approved source, and approval is on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis.
If you cite his quotes, with context, it's somehow still a trap set by 'crooked someone' that he's likely fought his way into photo ops with.
If you show video clips of his sputtering stupidity, they'll insist (even if there's literally years of contrary evidence) that you're carrying water for crackboi Hunter and his blithering dad.

If the lying, filthy coward DOES lose ballot position due to, y'know, consequences of being a babbling sh*tboi...that kind of comedy will be legenday for centuries!

No, you can "make fun". 
        I maintain that if you make fun of a man for something, in which you personally did not also do, you probably need to stfu.  
        Of course, you're forgetting Trump served 4 years as Commander in Chief.  
        Did so, nicely, imo.  
         Oh Jeez.  You, AS A LAWYER, want to equate participation in  political debates, to banana republic trials?
         Basic civics lesson, may be in order. 

Wut?  
         You claimed Trump said (per Atlantic)  "Belleau Wood is full of losers".
         You have 1 anononymous (unnamed source), and I have multiple named sources, that that "quote", never happened. 
         For the Atlantic (owned by Never-Trumper  Laureen Jobs, wife of Steve)  and you think that's fair journalism.  LMAO. 
        Corroborated?  There was no journalistic "corroboration".    The AP, Wa-Po, and Fox (yes, Fox)  just ran the Atlantic piece.  It fit their anti-Trump narrative.  

Exactly.  I have numerous people that went "on the record" to say Trump never disparaged the military of Bellau-Wood. 
         You, have NOONE that would have the ballz to be named.   

Kinda like, calling out someone who never served in the military, whilst YOU never served in the military.    Lame.  

You were never "admonished".  (re-read, the thread)

You were called a hypocrite, for castigating another man, for  never standing a post you never stood, either.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
Yeah, big surprise the hypocrisy. But what else is new?

You were called out on the biggest example of hypocrisy, known to these OT pages.  

https://vikefans.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/135001

Schtick to your lame football observations. 

Quote:
@Zanary said:
Wow!

One almost has to be impressed with the determination of the "Drooling Drones of Donald", because they'll absolutely insist anything, anything whatsoever, in defense of their feckless, spineless liar!

If you use a source other than theirs, it must be "faek nooz".
If you use their source, it doesn't count unless it's also been corroborated by another approved source, and approval is on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis.
If you cite his quotes, with context, it's somehow still a trap set by 'crooked someone' that he's likely fought his way into photo ops with.
If you show video clips of his sputtering stupidity, they'll insist (even if there's literally years of contrary evidence) that you're carrying water for crackboi Hunter and his blithering dad.

If the lying, filthy coward DOES lose ballot position due to, y'know, consequences of being a babbling sh*tboi...that kind of comedy will be legenday for centuries!

...and remember, kids...he's an "outsider"!

[Image: _123876953_mediaitem123876952.jpg]