Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could have had a franchise QB
Quote: @medaille said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Fact is, Oakland has been building their franchise better than we have. Their O-line has been been built to last, while we have been hitting the bargain bins at Walmart. That alone should make your QB better. Moving up to get chumps like Waynes, and Patterson while ignoring significant weaknesses on our o-line has been ridiculous.

I'm afraid even the Lions have passed us due to the very fact that they have finally  addressed their o-line while we figured we'd find the diamond in the rough in the 4th and 5th round.

Just for reference, using the 2014, 15, and 16 seasons.

In the last 2 years, the Vikings record is 19-13 and the Raiders
record is 19-13.

In the last 3 years, the Vikings record is 26-22 and the Raiders
record is 22-26.

You could probably argue that they are trending better,
because we took a dip due to injuries last year.
Now now, facts just obscure a good adgenda

Actually you guys really need to give credit where credit is due.  Carr would be nothing without the genius OC the Raiders have.  What's his name again?   B)

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Actually you guys really need to give credit where credit is due.  Carr would be nothing without the genius OC the Raiders have.  What's his name again?   B)

Todd Downing
Big Grin

Quote: @greediron said

Todd Downing
Big Grin

Dammit, they ruined my joke ... :p

Quote: @HappyViking said:

Dammit, they ruined my joke ... :p
I knew where you were going but just had to turn the joke on you. 

Word is Musgrave has updated his resume but can't find any postage stamps to send it out...

Muskie is now the QB coach of the Broncos...

We coulda drafted Siemian too. He threw 4 TDs last week. Was firing Musgrave a mistake?! Son on a *****! 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Fact is, Oakland has been building their franchise better than we have. Their O-line has been been built to last, while we have been hitting the bargain bins at Walmart. That alone should make your QB better. Moving up to get chumps like Waynes, and Patterson while ignoring significant weaknesses on our o-line has been ridiculous.

I'm afraid even the Lions have passed us due to the very fact that they have finally  addressed their o-line while we figured we'd find the diamond in the rough in the 4th and 5th round.
You mean like how they drafted Penn, Osemele, Hudson, and Newhouse?

What? None of them were drafted by Oakland?  

They did actually draft Gabe Jackson (3rd Round).  But everyone else had played for other teams or multiple other teams.

That's a legit but pricey way to build a Line. Meanwhile, their Defense stinks. 

So how exactly have they built their franchise better? They built a good Unit and have made some good draft picks (after years of bad picks), that's it.
They hit on Carr which makes all the rest of it even better. Kinda like the effect Rogers has in GB.  

As for the OP's point, I do believe Detroit has surpassed MN on the field. Doesnt mean they'll win here next week, but I would put $$ on them finishing with a better record than Minnesota this season. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@FSUVike said:
@mgobluevikes said:

They did actually draft Gabe Jackson (3rd Round).  But everyone else had played for other teams or multiple other teams.

So how exactly have they built their franchise better? They built a good Unit and have made some good draft picks (after years of bad picks), that's it.
They hit on Carr which makes all the rest of it even better. Kinda like the effect Rogers has in GB.  

As for the OP's point, I do believe Detroit has surpassed MN on the field. Doesnt mean they'll win here next week, but I would put $$ on them finishing with a better record than Minnesota this season. 
How much you wanting to wager on that?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@FSUVike said:
@mgobluevikes said:

How much you wanting to wager on that?
Yeah I might want in on that action.