Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Risner to visit with Vikings
I think I’d pay him $5M a year for a year or two without
thinking too much about it.  Just to keep
get a solid pass blocker in there to keep a few hits off Cousins.  It just doesn’t make sense to have 3 poor
pass blocking guys on the interior when we don’t really prioritize running the
ball or play action and Cousins is a statue. 
If his asking price was $8-10, I’d be questioning if it was worth it.

They appear to have passed on Risner.

Finally talked to my daughter and son-in-law about Dalton Risner.  They both recalled that there were some issues (a run-in with QB Rypian) that might have cast him as a pariah in the locker room, but they thought he was a good player for the Broncos.  It was perplexing to them why the Broncos did not resign him, nor why he hasn't caught on with anyone else.  They suspected that there was more to the story.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Finally talked to my daughter and son-in-law about Dalton Risner.  They both recalled that there were some issues (a run-in with QB Rypian) that might have cast him as a pariah in the locker room, but they thought he was a good player for the Broncos.  It was perplexing to them why the Broncos did not resign him, nor why he hasn't caught on with anyone else.  They suspected that there was more to the story.
Wilson got sacked on a couple of successive plays,  Rypan got in the OLs face about not helping Wilson up after the sacks ( I am sure they were fed up with Wilson by that point) and Risner went after  Rypian.  probably more to it than just that,  but thats the story I heard as well.   I looked at the plays and to me it looked like Wilsons running caused the sacks,  if he had slid in the pocket he would have been fine,  but he basically ran into the sacks as he was trying to break out.