Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 QBs
Hey, NFL Draft....get here already. I seriously cannot read one more ridiculous mock by the sports online media. And mostly because I can't tell who is trying to seriously peg who will go where and those that are doing it for clicks/views.

This board has done a MUCH better job of mocking the QBs than anything I've seen online.

This Tweet made me laugh loud. 

I am not sure If Will Levis is going to be good or bad.. what I do know is that he is NOT what the Texans need with this new regime and this new direction of the franchise.. the Texans just need to do the Right thing and take one of the top QB’s with minimal issues.

Oh yeah, the one with minimal issues. Love that guy. 

So a little birdie told me that the Vikings do indeed have 'strong' interest in Richardson. He made an impression on them. But the odds are they probably can't make something work unless they get some help and a little luck with how things fall. The feeling is KOC is going to be a QB whisperer for a young QB coming in. So that rumor that's been out there a bit seems to have some legs. Take with a grain....

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So a little birdie told me that the Vikings do indeed have 'strong' interest in Richardson. He made an impression on them. But the odds are they probably can't make something work unless they get some help and a little luck with how things fall. The feeling is KOC is going to be a QB whisperer for a young QB coming in. So that rumor that's been out there a bit seems to have some legs. Take with a grain....
I think all offensive coaches tend to overrate their ability to develop young QBs. But if you want a piece of clay to mold, Richardson is probably the one you target. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@AGRforever said:
@supafreak84 said:
I'm starting to get on board with the idea of the Vikings moving up to take a shot at Richardson. I know the bust factor is high, but in a few years there is also the real possibility that he is the best player to come from this draft class, so I see the risk as a potential huge payoff. You just don't see guys built like him and possessing that kind of size and ability. I've never seen a guy with a lower body like that at quarterback. Literally tree trunks for legs and Culpepper-esque. 

Worst thing that happens is we shit the bed. He sucks.  We get a good pick after we’re done paying off the pick. 

Thing is I don’t want to lose KOC. I’m sold that he’ll win us a SB. 
I think regardless, all these guys are risky picks for one reason or another. So if you are going to take a swing, might as well swing big on the big kid who has the potential to be a revolutionary type player if coached up right. I can see the logic in it while also acknowledging he carries the biggest risk due to a general lack of games played. 

On the Culpepper comparison, Daute was quite the stud and Denny Green took a swing and brought him up the right way. You'd have to take a similar approach with Richardson. Daunte's combine numbers;

6'4"/255 pounds
4.52/40
39" vertical 
5" hands
.10 cent brain

Fixed it for ya.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I think all offensive coaches tend to overrate their ability to develop young QBs. But if you want a piece of clay to mold, Richardson is probably the one you target. 
Guess I would rather have it that way than an offensive coach who publicizes he has no ability to develop a quarterback lol. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Guess I would rather have it that way than an offensive coach who publicizes he has no ability to develop a quarterback lol. 
For sure. He had a hand in Goff's development. He helped turn Matthew Stafford into a Super Bowl winning QB. And he turned Cousins into a much less risk-averse QB. Even got him to use the F-word a couple times. That in itself should've won him coach of the year. 

Just think offensive coaches, especially former QBs, love pieces of clay. So I can see the interest in Richardson. 

So a little birdie told men....
So how close to the nest is this little birdie?  We talking player connection, coach/trainer connection, front office, media?  Knowledgeable fan?
We draft a QB high and the franchise changes.  We probably don't renew Kirk for the 2024 season. We put a time table for Kam and Koc to put up or shut up.  Anyone older still on the roster is absolutely out the door because we're retooling.  Drafting the future face of the franchise is a big deal. 

I kinda like the idea of maybe moving Hunter and picks at 12 if the QB they like is still there.  Maybe we can get it done for our 1st, Hunter and a 2nd next year?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
So how close to the nest is this little birdie?  We talking player connection, coach/trainer connection, front office, media?  Knowledgeable fan?
We draft a QB high and the franchise changes.  We probably don't renew Kirk for the 2024 season. We put a time table for Kam and Koc to put up or shut up.  Anyone older still on the roster is absolutely out the door because we're retooling.  Drafting the future face of the franchise is a big deal. 

I kinda like the idea of maybe moving Hunter and picks at 12 if the QB they like is still there.  Maybe we can get it done for our 1st, Hunter and a 2nd next year?
I really don't want to say as I only really get to speak with this person maybe twice a year and he's very worried about optics, so I really would rather not even hint. I'm no insider and he doesn't always know/share and this person is no insider in a big way either. Seriously. But he has told me things in the past that have been correct. And honestly, all he really said was that Minnesota feels good about Richardson....that in no way means anything will happen. Teams like lots of players they never Draft every single year. 
I know some fans aren't sold on KAM and KOC, but they have a lot of believers in both in Eagan.

p.s. Minnesota would REALLY like to draft a QB....and I think Geoff and whomever his connection is agrees with that. Not sure it will happen however.

@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:

I really don't want to say as I only really get to speak with this person maybe twice a year and he's very worried about optics, so I really would rather not even hint. I'm no insider and he doesn't always know/share and this person is no insider in a big way either. Seriously. But he has told me things in the past that have been correct. And honestly, all he really said was that Minnesota feels good about Richardson....that in no way means anything will happen. Teams like lots of players they never Draft every single year. 
I know some fans aren't sold on KAM and KOC, but they have a lot of believers in both in Eagan.

p.s. Minnesota would REALLY like to draft a QB....and I think Geoff and whomever his connection is agrees with that. Not sure it will happen however.

My closest connection to the team was a muscle trainer for the Colquitt's. Obviously that dried up.  Said Britton was not a fan of MN at the time.  Britton renewed and punted again that season but that was his last in MN.