Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaepernick.
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I may as well be first to suggest it. Shields up.

Bradford could miss a handfuls of games - and that might be a best-case scenario. Tell me why Kaepernick wouldn't be a better alternative than Case Keenum. Football reasons.
Not a far-fetched idea if Bradford is out the rest of the season. Not convinced it would be fair to put Bridgewater out there mid year with no pre-season and after being out for so long with so awful of an injury. 

Go with Keenum and you're throwing away another year of an undetermined window with this D. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
You lose one game, you look like shit doing it and anything goes for media criticism. The Vikings were the NFL darlings after their MNF win and now, garbage. Horrible penalties, no starting QB and on the road for a team's home opener with the quality of Pittsburgh and that's the result. 
The sky is falling is legit if the Bradford is out for the season, or imo anything over 6 games.  Stick a fork in em at that point. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
why does this fucking moron get so much attention when he really has done so little.   

Why does the media latch onto any of these guys?  Because you're emotionally invested in it and can't look away, which means better ratings.
Can't look away,  the only way to not see it or hear it would be to shut out sportsome all together.  I am not Invested in it...I just can't get away from it.  Here we are on a Vikings site and get stuck on it once again.   I don't care if he signs with somebody or not,  I am just fucking get tired of hearing how the poor tortured black kid can't get a job in the NFL.

That's too bad. I see no issue with the original question. The request was regarding "football reasons" and some have tried to stick to that with fact based responses. That's appreciated.

I have some rather strong feelings on the subject as well but reserve those for a political/social discussion instead.  
Show me where I am being un factual and I will gladly retract those statements.

I didn't buy the hype around his game when he was winning early in his career and I have stood by my assertion that he is a mediocre QB in a system that suited his play.  Couple that with the side show and that is why he cant get a job.  

I have little sympathy for him because he had a job and quit,  he was demand high dollars for other potential offers  and now because I think he isn't highly deserving of any openings I am labeled racist....when his skin color has nothing to do with my position.

Guess what...I didn't think Tebow should have been a pro QB,  I hope to never hear Johnny manziels name again,  etc etc. Much ado about nothing.

If kapernick wants to be remembered for his social causes so be it,  I don't really care,  but don't call me racist (not you specifically) just because I don't think he's a great fit for most teams.  Especially with the side show that he has created for himself.
i havent seen anything in all the years that would say you are racist.  the comment i made was literal, i had recently read this article and it made me uncomfortable, but was impactful.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27326...in-america

OTOH, your obvious angry discomfort with "all of it" should tell you something.  whatever that is, its up to you to figure out, or not. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
why does this fucking moron get so much attention when he really has done so little.   

Why does the media latch onto any of these guys?  Because you're emotionally invested in it and can't look away, which means better ratings.
Can't look away,  the only way to not see it or hear it would be to shut out sportsome all together.  I am not Invested in it...I just can't get away from it.  Here we are on a Vikings site and get stuck on it once again.   I don't care if he signs with somebody or not,  I am just fucking get tired of hearing how the poor tortured black kid can't get a job in the NFL.

That's too bad. I see no issue with the original question. The request was regarding "football reasons" and some have tried to stick to that with fact based responses. That's appreciated.

I have some rather strong feelings on the subject as well but reserve those for a political/social discussion instead.  

I didn't buy the hype around his game when he was winning early in his career and I have stood by my assertion that he is a mediocre QB in a system that suited his play.  Couple that with the side show and that is why he cant get a job.  

I have little sympathy for him because he had a job and quit,  he was demand high dollars for other potential offers  and now because I think he isn't highly deserving of any openings I am labeled racist....when his skin color has nothing to do with my position.

Guess what...I didn't think Tebow should have been a pro QB,  I hope to never hear Johnny manziels name again,  etc etc. Much ado about nothing.

If kapernick wants to be remembered for his social causes so be it,  I don't really care,  but don't call me racist (not you specifically) just because I don't think he's a great fit for most teams.  Especially with the side show that he has created for himself.
i havent seen anything in all the years that would say you are racist.  the comment i made was literal, i had recently read this article and it made me uncomfortable, but was impactful.  

OTOH, your obvious angry discomfort with "all of it" should tell you something.  whatever that is, its up to you to figure out. 

I grew up with racists,  I despise racism, ( i have some great friends that are of differing skin colors)   my discomfort comes in being lumped in with those that I despise. ( and I am not saying by you or most others here, its the comments made outside of this place.   insinuations by sports writes, talking heads, and the like.)

I dont want to sound indifferent, because racism is real.  What I tire of though is anytime something happens to a person of a minority color they are immediately labeled a vicitim and if you disagree then its a race issue.  knuckleheads, thugs, criminals, etc come in all colors (most of the ones I have met happen to be white)  Its not a race thing for me, not at all.

I think I will excuse myself from this thread.  If anybody wants to continue on this topic with me feel free to PM me.  Either way.... I love you all!

Jimmy, no one is calling you a racist, are they? No way you are. You can tell when posters are racist and there are a few blatent ones. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Jor-El" said:

Bradford could miss a handfuls of games - and that might be a best-case scenario. Tell me why Kaepernick wouldn't be a better alternative than Case Keenum. Football reasons.
Not a far-fetched idea if Bradford is out the rest of the season. Not convinced it would be fair to put Bridgewater out there mid year with no pre-season and after being out for so long with so awful of an injury. 

Go with Keenum and you're throwing away another year of an undetermined window with this D. 
I put it out there with the hope that it would focus on the FOOTBALL side of a discussion over what this team could do if - BIG IF - we lose Bradford for a significant part of the season. I think it's reasonable to discuss any available QB with starting experience who is available if/when that comes to pass.  Our defense is not the kind that can carry the team (like Denver in 2015, Seattle in 2013 to some extent, of course 1985 Bears), and Case Keenum won't generate the amount of offense this team needs to win more than 4 games.

Let's say tomorrow the Vikings put Bradford on season-ending PUP, and tell us Bridgewater needs the rest of the year for rehab. I see these options (not in order!), what else?
A. Colin Kaepernick
B. Tony Romo - challenge to get Jones to release him, talk him out of the booth
C. Send draft picks to New England for Garropolo before trade deadline
D. Losin' for Rosen - flush the season and go for a new QB (I'm not specifically endorsing Rosen, I just couldn't think of a slogan to go with Darnold, Rudolph, Jackson, Allen...)

Kap not an effective passer IMO, he can run and extend plays, but a pocket passer / timing....no.

Nothing on his politics, I just think he isn't very good.
Put politics into the equation, and no way in Hell.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Jor-El" said:

I put it out there with the hope that it would focus on the FOOTBALL side of a discussion over what this team could do if - BIG IF - we lose Bradford for a significant part of the season. I think it's reasonable to discuss any available QB with starting experience who is available if/when that comes to pass.  Our defense is not the kind that can carry the team (like Denver in 2015, Seattle in 2013 to some extent, of course 1985 Bears), and Case Keenum won't generate the amount of offense this team needs to win more than 4 games.

Let's say tomorrow the Vikings put Bradford on season-ending PUP, and tell us Bridgewater needs the rest of the year for rehab. I see these options (not in order!), what else?
A. Colin Kaepernick
B. Tony Romo - challenge to get Jones to release him, talk him out of the booth
C. Send draft picks to New England for Garropolo before trade deadline
D. Losin' for Rosen - flush the season and go for a new QB (I'm not specifically endorsing Rosen, I just couldn't think of a slogan to go with Darnold, Rudolph, Jackson, Allen...)
pass on the season.   we are 500 right now,  none of those guys are going to carry this team to the playoffs without a training camp or a little time to get things together.   this season is hitched to Sam and Case.  we cant afford another year without a first round pick even if thats all we would have to give up for Garropolo, which I highly doubt,  so we really need to see what we have in Sam, Case and eventually Teddy and go from there.  By many reports this wont be a bad year to be looking for a young QB in the draft so no point in getting antsy now.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

OTOH, your obvious angry discomfort with "all of it" should tell you something.  whatever that is, its up to you to figure out. 

I grew up with racists,  I despise racism, ( i have some great friends that are of differing skin colors)   my discomfort comes in being lumped in with those that I despise. ( and I am not saying by you or most others here, its the comments made outside of this place.   insinuations by sports writes, talking heads, and the like.)

I dont want to sound indifferent, because racism is real.  What I tire of though is anytime something happens to a person of a minority color they are immediately labeled a vicitim and if you disagree then its a race issue.  knuckleheads, thugs, criminals, etc come in all colors (most of the ones I have met happen to be white)  Its not a race thing for me, not at all.

I think I will excuse myself from this thread.  If anybody wants to continue on this topic with me feel free to PM me.  Either way.... I love you all!
I can only go by what has been stated in this thread. I don't have the context of your conversations outside of Vikefans so I don't bring any of that into this discussion which was centered on Kap's skill set as a quarterback. As a person of color with different life experiences, yes, you and I are on different sides of this issue. But the word "racist" never crossed my mind. Now, I disagree that "anytime something happens" to a minority, they are immediately labeled a "victim". But we also likely have some shared beliefs. I'm more than willing to have a conversation so we can take this up at another time.

We'll skip the topic at the tailgate, though  B)

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I can only go by what has been stated in this thread. I don't have the context of your conversations outside of Vikefans so I don't bring any of that into this discussion which was centered on Kap's skill set as a quarterback. As a person of color with different life experiences, yes, you and I are on different sides of this issue. But the word "racist" never crossed my mind. Now, I disagree that "anytime something happens" to a minority, they are immediately labeled a "victim". But we also likely have some shared beliefs. I'm more than willing to have a conversation so we can take this up at another time.

We'll skip the topic at the tailgate, though  B)

we need some more emojis so i could give you the clanking beer mugs!  or maybe a huggy one.   this will have to do for now....  Smile