Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to get involved at the trade deadline?
Absolutely we're competing in the NFC; At least as of 10/23! 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I'll just throw a name into the pool as I swing by for a moment - Daron Payne. 
Certainly fits the trend of acquiring players just before we play their team. And we do need DL help. But I gotsta say I'm hoping for a little more pop than that. 
Why at this point?  This team,  this year, is not competing for the NFC.  So if Kwazy, is able to spin a team friendly new deal out of a pick....let's build for next year when Kirk understands this O and maybe we have a team that competes. 
I don't understand anything you just wrote there. Of course we're competing this year. 
I was wondering about this too. 5 - 1 but not competitive in a relatively weak NFC, why aren't they competing?
This team has a long way to go to be in the realm of Buffalo, kc,  look back at week 2 and the ass kicking the eagles gave us.  I haven't seen any big strides since that game,  just weaker opponents.   The only decisive win we've had was against the packers and they haven't shown to be what they used to be either..

Sorry if i dont see our positive record as a benchmark of how good this team is.  Maybe if I start seeing some improvement out of our O I could get on board but about the only real positive that I have seen is the discipline.   KOC has these guys playing the best disciplined football I can ever remember seeing out of a Vikings team in terms of not committing dumb penalties and that right there is IMO the biggest reason we are 5-1. 
I think you're giving Buffalo, KC and Philly way too much credit. It's not who you play but when you play them, and the early season darlings are very often different from the late season ones. 

No, we're not playing well at all. But there is a possible explanation for that. One that should diminish as the season goes on. Maybe it won't. We'll see....

Either way, Kwesi should not be putting all his eggs into "next year's" basket when this year's basket is 5-1 with a very real chance to improve on both sides of the ball. To do otherwise would be incredibly defeatist. Vikings have just as much chance as anyone else to be that hot and healthy team down the stretch.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Absolutely we're competing in the NFC; At least as of 10/23! 
Yep. That's the reality of it. Minnesota's winning ways are great, but its not like they are doing it in a way that makes a fan confident. Many games yet to prove that one way or the other. BUT....they are set up very nicely right now, especially after yesterday's games. Hopefully they can take advantage of it.