Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favre getting vilified....and well deserved

Rosenfels, who was briefly teammates with Favre in Minnesota during the 2009 season, took a shot at the Hall of Famer's involvement in a Mississippi welfare scandal. 

"Since retirement, I have been lucky to avoid stealing millions of dollars from the poorest people in my state," Rosenfels tweeted. 

This tweet from Rosenfels has only been up for an hour. It already has over 12,000 likes. 
Most of Rosenfels' followers are applauding him for calling out Favre. 
"Put Sage Rosenfels in the Hall of Fame," Derek Thomas of Fox Weather tweeted.
"This play is called the QB Subtweet and Rosenfels executed it perfectly," Eric Columbus said. 
People are calling this the tweet of the week. 

Last week, a report surfaced showing Favre's involvement in a welfare-fraud scandal. He was trying to obtain funds to build a new volleyball center for Southern Mississippi
More trouble could be on the way for Favre. It was recently announced that the former head of Mississippi’s welfare agency entered a plea agreement with federal and state prosecutors. 
Favre's legal team has denied any and all wrongdoing. Nonetheless, the former NFL star is very much in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:Rosenfels, who was briefly teammates with Favre in Minnesota during the 2009 season, took a shot at the Hall of Famer's involvement in a Mississippi welfare scandal. 
I always felt bad for Rosenfels and thought he got screwed over by the Vikes, he was the starter in pre season that year and was looking great until the team and Chilly went into Favregate mode and let him hold team hostage until the pre season was over and then decided to sign.  I really think the team and Rosenfels were good enough to go to the Super Bowl that year and I am sure Rosenfels would have taken the sure 10 yards in front of him to secure the winning FG instead of throwing across his body 30 yards down field. 

Thinking back about how bummed I was after the Favre pick to lose that game, I am actually kind of relieved now as I wouldn't want our only Super Bowl win to be coated with memories of Favre.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"minny65" said:Rosenfels, who was briefly teammates with Favre in Minnesota during the 2009 season, took a shot at the Hall of Famer's involvement in a Mississippi welfare scandal. 
I always felt bad for Rosenfels and thought he got screwed over by the Vikes, he was the starter in pre season that year and was looking great until the team and Chilly went into Favregate mode and let him hold team hostage until the pre season was over and then decided to sign.  I really think the team and Rosenfels were good enough to go to the Super Bowl that year and I am sure Rosenfels would have taken the sure 10 yards in front of him to secure the winning FG instead of throwing across his body 30 yards down field. 

Thinking back about how bummed I was after the Favre pick to lose that game, I am actually kind of relieved now as I wouldn't want our only Super Bowl win to be coated with memories of Favre.  
I’ve read some outlandish takes over the years on this board but this may very well take the cake. I salute you. 

Sage looked good in 2010 preseason.  He should have been given a good shot vs sending the plane back down for Brett

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Sage looked good in 2010 preseason.  He should have been given a good shot vs sending the plane back down for Brett
one or two plays away from the SB.... you send that plane every time.  it didnt work out, but you sure as hell role that die again after the way things went for 2009.

In what delusional world would you ever pick Sage Rosenfels over a HOF QB?  I feel like that's some serious revisionist history.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I’ve read some outlandish takes over the years on this board but this may very well take the cake. I salute you. 
Appreciate you and your condescending take on the subject, thanks for adding so much to the topic. 

Quote: @"medaille" said:
In what delusional world would you ever pick Sage Rosenfels over a HOF QB?  I feel like that's some serious revisionist history.
Hell, I’d take Favre at the age he is now and not having played football for 10 years over that Sage Rosefels. (Minus the stealing from women and children thing)

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"medaille" said:
Hell, I’d take Favre at the age he is now and not having played football for 10 years over that Sage Rosefels. (Minus the stealing from women and children thing)
And dogs,  don't forget he hates dogs.