Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
He couldn’t be trusted as a punt returner because he had trouble fielding the kicks
Yep. ISM had no upside as a WRer so it was punt returner or get punted. Not sure why part of Viking Nation is getting bent about this. At least we know Reagor can field punts securely and has speed. 
ISM had no upside as a WR??  I think he flashed that he might have significant upside as a WR.
Significant? In who's reality? The Vikings waived the kid and I don't believe he's caught on anywhere else (might be wrong on that). You'd think a guy with 'significant upside' would not have been cut from a team that just recently drafted him or at the very minimum, he'd be snagged for another teams PS. 
He’s in his second year and will catch on elsewhere. He just got cut.  From all appearances and watching him play, he’s not being cut because he’s not one of the Vikings top four receivers in only his second year.  His mouth and shortfalls as a teammate are much more the issue.  It’s always been that way, and it is clear during the preseason and at the end of last year that he can make plays.  Chris Carter was cut too.  It didn’t mean that he didn’t have upside.  That’s a stretch comparison here, but it’s pretty apparent that Marsette has upside if he can get out of his own way.
This is the situation with MANY NFL wannabees. What's clear is he doesn't have a job right now, that's what I know. The rest is pure conjecture on your part unless you've talked to the position coach and the staff. The NFL rule is if you have real talent, you'll get multiple chances with the team that drafted you....then you'll get a couple with other teams....and then you fade away into oblivion. This was his 2nd year in the NFL and already done with the team that drafted him.

Did Shaun Beyer land anywhere?
If you don't see that Marsette has upside, then you don't know how to evaluate talent.  It's obvious he has a burst, he can catch the ball, and he can get open.  He was cut because of his mouth, not his skill on the football field.  And your point of view is pure conjecture as well.  lol  The fact you don't get that we're both expressing an opinion is amusing, and the fact that your eyes can't see that talent is similarly amusing. 

I'm thinking you'll be hearing something on Beyer shortly from a not so friendly rival team, but what do I know?   Smile  Has Davidson landed anywhere yet after playing and failing the entire preseason?   I'm guessing he does, but it's not like anyone is breaking down the doors for him either, including the Vikes.  Update, I see he just landed with the Bills Practice Squad.   Davidson that is.
Has it been confirmed by anything but a fake Twitter account that he was cut for his personality?
Nope. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
He couldn’t be trusted as a punt returner because he had trouble fielding the kicks
Yep. ISM had no upside as a WRer so it was punt returner or get punted. Not sure why part of Viking Nation is getting bent about this. At least we know Reagor can field punts securely and has speed. 
ISM had no upside as a WR??  I think he flashed that he might have significant upside as a WR.
Significant? In who's reality? The Vikings waived the kid and I don't believe he's caught on anywhere else (might be wrong on that). You'd think a guy with 'significant upside' would not have been cut from a team that just recently drafted him or at the very minimum, he'd be snagged for another teams PS. 
He’s in his second year and will catch on elsewhere. He just got cut.  From all appearances and watching him play, he’s not being cut because he’s not one of the Vikings top four receivers in only his second year.  His mouth and shortfalls as a teammate are much more the issue.  It’s always been that way, and it is clear during the preseason and at the end of last year that he can make plays.  Chris Carter was cut too.  It didn’t mean that he didn’t have upside.  That’s a stretch comparison here, but it’s pretty apparent that Marsette has upside if he can get out of his own way.
This is the situation with MANY NFL wannabees. What's clear is he doesn't have a job right now, that's what I know. The rest is pure conjecture on your part unless you've talked to the position coach and the staff. The NFL rule is if you have real talent, you'll get multiple chances with the team that drafted you....then you'll get a couple with other teams....and then you fade away into oblivion. This was his 2nd year in the NFL and already done with the team that drafted him.

If you don't see that Marsette has upside, then you don't know how to evaluate talent.  It's obvious he has a burst, he can catch the ball, and he can get open.  He was cut because of his mouth, not his skill on the football field.  And your point of view is pure conjecture as well.  lol  The fact you don't get that we're both expressing an opinion is amusing, and the fact that your eyes can't see that talent is similarly amusing. 

I'm thinking you'll be hearing something on Beyer shortly from a not so friendly rival team, but what do I know?   Smile  Has Davidson landed anywhere yet after playing and failing the entire preseason?   I'm guessing he does, but it's not like anyone is breaking down the doors for him either, including the Vikes.  Update, I see he just landed with the Bills Practice Squad.   Davidson that is.
Has it been confirmed by anything but a fake Twitter account that he was cut for his personality?
Nope. 
Umm yeah, it was actually confirmed by Smith himself via an Iowa reporter that he felt it had something to do with interactions with team members.

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:

Nope. 
Umm yeah, it was actually confirmed by Smith himself via an Iowa reporter that he felt it had something to do with interactions with team members.
Dou have a link?

@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:

Nope. 
Dou have a link?
I don't but I'll hunt it down.   I was on a lot of sites yesterday, and I can't figure out where I saw it.  Google isn't being my friend either.  I believe it was tweeted from another reporter with Iowa ties.  I will find it.  Edit...  Man, I'm struggling on this one.   Been searching right and left to find it, but can't find it online or twitter.   You'll have to believe in me that I at least "think" I saw this yesterday.  I won't quit trying just yet.

Here is the Beyer signing that if you read back I told you guys about a couple of days ago.  He's in a much better place to get an opportunity.

Green Bay Packers sign TE Shaun Beyer to practice squad - Acme Packing Company

ISM just signed with the Bears, FYI.

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:

Nope. 
Dou have a link?
I don't but I'll hunt it down.   I was on a lot of sites yesterday, and I can't figure out where I saw it.  Google isn't being my friend either.  I believe it was tweeted from another reporter with Iowa ties.  I will find it.  Edit...  Man, I'm struggling on this one.   Been searching right and left to find it, but can't find it online or twitter.   You'll have to believe in me that I at least "think" I saw this yesterday.  I won't quit trying just yet.

Thanks, I ask because if he actually said this I question his intelligence, or perhaps maturity even more now than when they drafted him. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
ISM just signed with the Bears, FYI.
Not surprising...they've signed like half the guys in the league who got cut this week.

sleep w/ your eyes open Bears…!!!  Wink B)  

@"Waterboy" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:

Nope. 
Dou have a link?

Thanks, I ask because if he actually said this I question his intelligence, or perhaps maturity even more now than when they drafted him. 
Im 99% sure.  We had a discussion going on at the local joint thats an Iowa bar, and he came up.  I'm going to ask my buddies. I thought it was an Iowa Twitter guy, but so far no success.