Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings cuts starting to trickle in.....
Twyman also cut. We have now waived 6 of the 11 picks from the 2021 draft class. 

Armon Watts -that one's a surprise. Liked that pick coming out of Arkansas.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Twyman also cut. We have now waived 6 of the 11 picks from the 2021 draft class. 
And the other 5 are all expected to play significant snaps. Right now I'd call 2021 a boom-bust draft rather than a flop.  Nobody on the edge of the roster, they were all clearly in or out.  Surratt to me never made sense.  A 24 year old converted QB at pick 76? Ugh/

Quote: @"Rigby" said:
Traded for Ross Blacklock - I guess that answers that....

Not sure what Blacklock does for the team, seems rather meh. 

Maybe Suh is really an option?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Man, this draft class is looking UGLY.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...8271482891

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/15...8390140929
The process of taking out Rick's trash is painful, but Kwesi will get the job done!  :p

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Definitely some misses in the 3rd and 4th round last year. But don't forget our starting safety was among those picks, as was Fast Kenny and Patrick Jones, who looks to be 1st off the bench at Edge. But since most 3-7 rounders never amount to anything, draft classes are mostly evaluated by the success or failure of the 1st rounder, which was Darrisaw, so....
Darrisaw looks the part so far, but part of what made that pick so great was trading down for... Mond and Davis.  But I won't fault Rick for finally spending at day 2 pick on a QB.  That was his biggest downfall, never taking a chance on a QB.
Ponder and Teddy don't count?

Quote: @"peacebringer" said:
Not sure what Blacklock does for the team, seems rather meh. 
Texan fans don't seem too upset to lose him. Drafted high but didn't live up to it. Someone in Minnesota must know the guy and think he has some potential. 

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Definitely some misses in the 3rd and 4th round last year. But don't forget our starting safety was among those picks, as was Fast Kenny and Patrick Jones, who looks to be 1st off the bench at Edge. But since most 3-7 rounders never amount to anything, draft classes are mostly evaluated by the success or failure of the 1st rounder, which was Darrisaw, so....
Darrisaw looks the part so far, but part of what made that pick so great was trading down for... Mond and Davis.  But I won't fault Rick for finally spending at day 2 pick on a QB.  That was his biggest downfall, never taking a chance on a QB.
Ponder and Teddy don't count?
Those were 1st round picks.  He never took the chance on a second day pick, taking a shot, trying to catch a Cousins or that sort.  Especially after he selected a 1st round QB, they were always insulated from any competition.