Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: 6 game suspension for Watson
Quote: @StickyBun said:
....and yet the fans were lining up 4 deep to get his autograph at Brown's camp. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Well yeah, at $1M/happy ending I'd be trying to get near him as well. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@1VikesFan said:
This whole situation reeks. The more I look into this decision the angrier I get. It's like the judge is just saying that it's going to be the NFL that will have to step up because I won't. The fact that only 4 of the 24 cases were used in the decision is utter bullshit. This entire thing is a sham but it is the NFL so I am not surprised, just pissed.
I feel like she is being done dirty in part but I am trying to be calm and understand perspective. I am livid. I just don't know what the league is going to do now. But Watson is basically getting away with it and women are being dismissed once again. He has expressed no remorse or accountability. The Browns front office do not give a fuck. I am definitely rooting against the Browns. Go Bengals.
If Goodell adds to the suspension, the NFLPA could appeal and Watson could play during the appeal.  For that reason I think it stays at six games.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
NFL is appealing the ruling.

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-appealing-de...-decision/
Wow, what a shock...sarcasm oozing in this statement. They had to appeal.

[Image: dtl4bmy6vju0.gif]

Quote: @comet52 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@1VikesFan said:
This whole situation reeks. The more I look into this decision the angrier I get. It's like the judge is just saying that it's going to be the NFL that will have to step up because I won't. The fact that only 4 of the 24 cases were used in the decision is utter bullshit. This entire thing is a sham but it is the NFL so I am not surprised, just pissed.
I feel like she is being done dirty in part but I am trying to be calm and understand perspective. I am livid. I just don't know what the league is going to do now. But Watson is basically getting away with it and women are being dismissed once again. He has expressed no remorse or accountability. The Browns front office do not give a fuck. I am definitely rooting against the Browns. Go Bengals.
If Goodell adds to the suspension, the NFLPA could appeal and Watson could play during the appeal.  For that reason I think it stays at six games.
eh maybe the appeal takes all year and he'll take his suspension the following year?

Quote: @medaille said:
@comet52 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@1VikesFan said:
eh maybe the appeal takes all year and he'll take his suspension the following year?
That works for the Browns,  they get him on the cheap year,  then can lose one of the high dollar years.

Quote: @medaille said:
@comet52 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@1VikesFan said:
Well they've also mentioned a "significant" fine, meaning they don't like how the Browns wrote a contract that pays out all his money after this year in order to avoid the scenario where he misses most or all of 2022.   But I have to think with the rumor that they will push for an "indefinite" suspension that the NFLPA would take it to federal court in that case and who knows where it goes from there.

Just like Michael Vick and the dog fighting scandal; this guy will never play again!.......................................................wink,wink,nudge,nudge.