• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaConfora: "Vikings looking to trade big salaries"
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
Rip the damn band-aid off already. New GM, Coaches and players. Get the cap under control. Bring in guys who fit your scheme. Start fresh. Think 3-6 years down the road not 1-3 years of more mediocrity. Keep Adam cuz he is a home town hero. Unless he wants to chase a ring.
Obviously I agree.

Does anyone think if we resigned Hunter, Theilan, extend Kirk and a few FA's/draft hits we are a deep playoff caliber team?  I know some do but I don't.  We are more than a few good players away.  Our core built by the old regime is all on the downside and we have a ton of holes to fill all across the defense and especially if we are going 3-4.  I expect at least 6 new starters on defense alone this year and probably around 2 on Offense.  
Yeah, I do. I don't believe in this idea that we're "more than a few good players away." But I don't believe that as much because I overrate the Vikings roster; I believe that because I think, with the exception of maybe 6 or 7 teams, EVERYONE is only a few players away. In other words, I think a lot of fans overrate what it takes to win a championship. 

It's not the 70s or 80s where you had dynasties who were always on top and everyone else sucked. In today's NFL, 7-9 teams (Tampa) and 4-12 teams (Cinci) go to the Super Bowl the following year. 

I believe that teams who win championships are the teams who get hot and healthy at the end of the year. Take a look at the starting offensive lines in the 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl. They were crap. Low round draft picks and UDFAs scattered in with a couple of solid players. I think the PERCEPTION is that you need stars at every position, but the reality is that league average players litter ALL rosters. 

Yea and I think that is the reason we also disagree on Kirk.  

I notice when folks post about a rebuild (me/group 2) you indicate that it would be best to move on from Kirk as well, correct?? (don't want to put words in your mouth)  

That is the crux around the new regime, current roster and Kirk.  Group 1 thinks we have enough of a core to build off of and Group 2 does not. 

We disagree but we have the same goal in mind Smile

I think there's a tipping point. I think you could maybe lose Dalvin, maybe one of the DTs. But when you start including Hunter and Kendricks, et al, still very young and very good players, then yeah, the outlook isn't so hot. At that point, I can see an argument for including Cousins too. 

So it's not as simple as group one and two. There's some gray. 
i like to refer to that grey as "group 3"
Yea but everything is not black and white within any group so lets do subgroups.  

Oh wait, I need Group therapy.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
Rip the damn band-aid off already. New GM, Coaches and players. Get the cap under control. Bring in guys who fit your scheme. Start fresh. Think 3-6 years down the road not 1-3 years of more mediocrity. Keep Adam cuz he is a home town hero. Unless he wants to chase a ring.
Obviously I agree.

Does anyone think if we resigned Hunter, Theilan, extend Kirk and a few FA's/draft hits we are a deep playoff caliber team?  I know some do but I don't.  We are more than a few good players away.  Our core built by the old regime is all on the downside and we have a ton of holes to fill all across the defense and especially if we are going 3-4.  I expect at least 6 new starters on defense alone this year and probably around 2 on Offense.  
Yeah, I do. I don't believe in this idea that we're "more than a few good players away." But I don't believe that as much because I overrate the Vikings roster; I believe that because I think, with the exception of maybe 6 or 7 teams, EVERYONE is only a few players away. In other words, I think a lot of fans overrate what it takes to win a championship. 

It's not the 70s or 80s where you had dynasties who were always on top and everyone else sucked. In today's NFL, 7-9 teams (Tampa) and 4-12 teams (Cinci) go to the Super Bowl the following year. 

I believe that teams who win championships are the teams who get hot and healthy at the end of the year. Take a look at the starting offensive lines in the 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl. They were crap. Low round draft picks and UDFAs scattered in with a couple of solid players. I think the PERCEPTION is that you need stars at every position, but the reality is that league average players litter ALL rosters. 

Yea and I think that is the reason we also disagree on Kirk.  

I notice when folks post about a rebuild (me/group 2) you indicate that it would be best to move on from Kirk as well, correct?? (don't want to put words in your mouth)  

That is the crux around the new regime, current roster and Kirk.  Group 1 thinks we have enough of a core to build off of and Group 2 does not. 

We disagree but we have the same goal in mind Smile

I think there's a tipping point. I think you could maybe lose Dalvin, maybe one of the DTs. But when you start including Hunter and Kendricks, et al, still very young and very good players, then yeah, the outlook isn't so hot. At that point, I can see an argument for including Cousins too. 

So it's not as simple as group one and two. There's some gray. 
i like to refer to that grey as "group 3"
Yea but everything is not black and white within any group so lets do subgroups.  

Oh wait, I need Group therapy.  
[Image: 608995b1d811202ef07e693f_here_are_giant_...b608d3.jpg]

I have no idea what Vikings management sees in Cousins besides he is accurate and is very very very careful with the ball. He fumbles less now since he is going down at the first sight of potential contact.

But Mike Zimmer was right.  He is unable to make plays off script when you need them the most.

I can hope the rest of the team around him gets better so that they can maybe squeak into the playoffs.  

That is all I have with this dude.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

I'll take Pete over Jason 10 out of 10 times.
Will you take me 5 out of 10 times over LaCanfora? I'll say it again - the Vikings have no interest in moving Kirk. 
Well, lets move on...Nothing to see here.

They of course should answer the phone if it rings, but I think KC being traded is and has been a non-story from the start. 

Cousins outs us in position to win over and over and over, only to have a kicker or defense screw us. He did it all season long and it’s exactly why Zimmer is a whiny tool. It was Zimmer who wouldn’t let players have any say in what is run. It was Simmer that demanded run run when up by even a few points. I wonder how many 3 and outs were Zimmer wanting to burn clock or be conservative? I’m sure it’s plenty of them. Screw Zimmer, tired of hearing about that dink. I can’t stand people who will take no responsibility for their failings and try and put it in others, regardless of how geed their performance. It’s one thing if Cousins was really bad, but he’s good enough for a good or even average coach to win. The problem was, Zimmer is a lousy coach and I see why it took him forever to get hired as a HC. 
With that said, if Cousins doesn’t come down to a cap friendly contract, I hope they trade him. We desperately need to improve our defense to be competitive and have to have some space. We lost 8 of 9 games by 8 or less and that was with Zim Zim as coach. A good coach and we are in the playoffs even with a fairly bad defense, How can I be so confident? Because a good coach doesn’t start the worst CB on the team and sit the best one for the majority of a season. Only a dipshit does that. 
Anyhow, I expect Cousins will be signed to a longer term more cap friendly contract, Thielen restructures, Kendricks restructure and Pierce will be gone for sure. 

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
I have no idea what Vikings management sees in Cousins besides he is accurate and is very very very careful with the ball. He fumbles less now since he is going down at the first sight of potential contact.

But Mike Zimmer was right.  He is unable to make plays off script when you need them the most.

I can hope the rest of the team around him gets better so that they can maybe squeak into the playoffs.  

That is all I have with this dude.
They only see him being accurate and careful with the ball? Nothing more? I needed a good laugh, thank you

Per LaConfora the Vikings are "very open" to trading Kirk Cousins with Indianapolis and Seattle likely the most interested. 

Cousins is probably Seattle's plan B if they can't land Watson...

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Per LaConfora the Vikings are "very open" to trading Kirk Cousins with Indianapolis and Seattle likely the most interested. 

I know Seattle's hand was semi-forced to trade Wilson but why would they then have any interest in Cousins?  The younger Watson makes sense but not Cousins, to me at least.

I see Colts as a much better it for Cousins and maybe even Cleveland with the Mayfield flip.  

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:

Yeah, that "very open" thing is misleading. If you follow it, it's not sourced to anyone. It's LaConfora's own words based on what he heard about the Vikings willingness to trade some big salaries. He named some of the likely candidates that we already knew about and then just added Cousins name to that list. Why? Clicks. And he got about a million of 'em based on how many times I've seen that "very open" thing reposted. 

But that's what he does. Here's another from 2020..."According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora on Sunday, the Vikings are “very open,” to trading [Harrison] Smith, Kyle Rudolph, and Riley Reiff before this year’s deadline."

Not saying Cousins won't be traded. Just that LaConfora doesn't know shit about fuck. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

I know Seattle's hand was semi-forced to trade Wilson but why would they then have any interest in Cousins?  The younger Watson makes sense but not Cousins, to me at least.

I see Colts as a much better it for Cousins and maybe even Cleveland with the Mayfield flip.  

From what I've heard Pete Carroll is a fan of Cousins and their offensive coordinator was an offensive quality control assistant in Washington when Cousins was the quarterback. So there's some familiarity there.