Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drama Queen At It Again
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
My $$ is he's back in GB. 

Not sure if they'll win another ring while he's there or not? I would have thought if it was going to happen? The last 2 seasons would have been it. 
I think he goes back to GB as well. He'll be 39 years old in December, so something will have to give with his physical skills. 
I know you and PF are convinced he'll be back in Cheeseland, but I disagree. As I've said before, I'm convinced the only reason he came back this year was due to a verbal agreement wtih the Packers that they would trade him the following season. In fact, I think the terms might already be in place for a trade to Denver. I could be wrong. We'll just have to see I guess. 
I heard an interesting take on this yesterday,  at 39 Rogers has made all the money he needs to live on,  has all kinds of personal records,  but sitting at only 1 damn lombardi has to chaff his ass,  if he is really wanting to go to some place where he can compete the last couple years for a SB... why would you pick Denver when they are at best the 3rd best team in their division that is part of an already loaded AFC in terms of up and coming QBs and teams.  Their logic is the road to the superbowl is currently likely easier is you stay in the NFC,  and GBay is very unlikely to give him the chance to knock the packers out of the playoffs,  so they arent likely willing to deal him in conference,  the conclusion was is if he is really motivated to win another super bowl,  he will end up staying in gbay.
I think more than anything, Rodgers wants to go to a team who isn't opposed to adding a 2nd receiver. And there are many who would argue that Denver is closer to a Super Bowl than Green Bay. 

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Not sure if they'll win another ring while he's there or not? I would have thought if it was going to happen? The last 2 seasons would have been it. 
I think he goes back to GB as well. He'll be 39 years old in December, so something will have to give with his physical skills. 
I know you and PF are convinced he'll be back in Cheeseland, but I disagree. As I've said before, I'm convinced the only reason he came back this year was due to a verbal agreement wtih the Packers that they would trade him the following season. In fact, I think the terms might already be in place for a trade to Denver. I could be wrong. We'll just have to see I guess. 
I heard an interesting take on this yesterday,  at 39 Rogers has made all the money he needs to live on,  has all kinds of personal records,  but sitting at only 1 damn lombardi has to chaff his ass,  if he is really wanting to go to some place where he can compete the last couple years for a SB... why would you pick Denver when they are at best the 3rd best team in their division that is part of an already loaded AFC in terms of up and coming QBs and teams.  Their logic is the road to the superbowl is currently likely easier is you stay in the NFC,  and GBay is very unlikely to give him the chance to knock the packers out of the playoffs,  so they arent likely willing to deal him in conference,  the conclusion was is if he is really motivated to win another super bowl,  he will end up staying in gbay.
I think you pick Denver because of the relationships there and the good amount of cap space they have. Granted a good amount of that goes away with Rodgers' contract but they have some quality players on both sides of the ball. Packers do too, but we have no idea who they can resign and who may be a cap casualty. I would think the roster certainty would play another factor, but if Rodgers goes back to GB then I would hope he's notified beforehand who they plan to try to bring back and who will be gone

[Image: m9c37mk9ctn1.jpeg]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

I think more than anything, Rodgers wants to go to a team who isn't opposed to adding a 2nd receiver. And there are many who would argue that Denver is closer to a Super Bowl than Green Bay. 
Besides you and the rrest of he mile high as kite city ,  who thinks Denver is closer?  They got some decent players, but they aren't even in the top 2 to win their own division let alone the superbowl.   Now rogers would improve those odds,  but with him comes a likely monster contract and now Denver is having to decide who to move on without. 

[Image: 5g3uvjotbhcu.jpg]

His first thought was probably more like intense gratitude for Charmin…  Wink B)  

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Again, a couple trips to Taco Bell would have pretty much done the same thing.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@Vikergirl said:
Again, a couple trips to Taco Bell would have pretty much done the same thing.
I'm guessing you have recently had a bad experience at the bell? 

Or film review of his game vs SF.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Besides you and the rrest of he mile high as kite city ,  who thinks Denver is closer? 
Smart people.