Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooooooooooooooooo
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Per Zulgad...the Panthers have called the Vikings inquiring about Cousins 

And the Vikings should listen lol! 

They'll get more than one call I'm sure. Its that time of year....

Does Sam Darnold, the 6th pick, and a conditional 2nd next next with the possibility of raising to a 1st get it done? 
If we have to take Darnold we'll need more picks lol.  Adding him is like saying let's do this deal and the Panthers say oh yeah we'll throw in this bag of stinky week old trash as a bonus.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Does Sam Darnold, the 6th pick, and a conditional 2nd next next with the possibility of raising to a 1st get it done? 
If we have to take Darnold we'll need more picks lol.  Adding him is like saying let's do this deal and the Panthers say oh yeah we'll throw in this bag of stinky week old trash as a bonus.

I totally get it, but like has been talked about, any Cousins trade would almost certainly have to come with a QB in return...even if that's just a short term, stop gap type. That's what Darnold would be, or else he'd be cut in favor of the Vikings looking at the free agent market. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

I want 2 firsts in next years draft if we move off Cousins it has to have a first round in next years draft included so we have the ammo to move into the top tier of picks.  Likely would have to include our 24 first rounder as well if we are towards the higher end of our typical 12-24 draft position.
Yup!

Two 1sts in next years draft, not this one!! 

Tepper has a raging boner for Watson. If Carolina is going to trade for anyone, it'll be him. 

At an absolute minimum it would involve this years 1st (if high enough) next years first and probably 3rd plus a viable player. We’re talking minimum here. Guy’s on Cousins level aren’t just sitting around. You’re talking a top tier QB not some shlub. It could take a decade (or more) to replace his ability. 
You’re better trying one of the rookies over Darnold. Except you need those first round picks for defenders because our defense will have to get immensely better immediately if we want to win any games. 
Truth is, getting rid of Cousins is moronic unless there’s a top tier guy there to replace him. Barring that miracle, you sign him to a longer term contract that has outs built in after years 3 or you go the voidable years like Geoff was saying. 
Cousins and our offense are good enough to win the Super Bowl right now. Messing with that would be beyond ludicrous in my opinion. Unless you like to lose, then it may be appealing. We need to improve the defense then we have a shot to win it all. That would 100%  my focus after getting the cap relief taken care of.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Cousins and our offense are good enough to win the Super Bowl right now. Messing with that would be beyond ludicrous in my opinion. Unless you like to lose, then it may be appealing. We need to improve the defense then we have a shot to win it all. That would 100%  my focus after getting the cap relief taken care of.
Disagree and I don't like to lose but I have a different opinion.  We need a much-improved interior of the OL, unsure at the TE position, and even though I put Kirk in the Stafford mold of QB's I think Kirk has worse pocket presence then Stafford.  Stafford needed all the pieces to hang on and win a SB and I think Kirk needs the same and maybe even a little more.  

I am in the camp of seeing what we could get for Kirk (most interesting to me is Browns/Mayfield) but I don't want to give him away either.  So, if we can't get a good deal, I guess we will have to extend him which is not ideal to me.  I think we should try for a mini rebuild.  I do not think we are only a few players away.  

I like Kirk, I just don't like paying him like an elite top 5 guy constantly when he is really in that 10 to 15 range when it comes to QB rankings. At the end of the day he gets his statistics, but to me our offense stalls too much. I've said this before but we can go 3 and out for three drives straight then he'll throw a 45 yard TD pass. We got rid of Zimmer and Spielman because we were stuck in mediocrity and things needed to be shook up. Should that also not apply to the QB position? I don't see Kirk as an elite guy who is impossible or might take a decade to replace. He'll be 34 before the start of next season. If the Vikings get a great offer to move off his contract and build this thing up with draft picks...it's probably the right move to make. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Not for me. Stafford is basically a beat up Cousins who makes more bad decisions. The Lions got Goff, 2 1sts, and a 3rd. Darnold is basically pocket lint. We should get at least a 1st and 2nds.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

I want 2 firsts in next years draft if we move off Cousins it has to have a first round in next years draft included so we have the ammo to move into the top tier of picks.  Likely would have to include our 24 first rounder as well if we are towards the higher end of our typical 12-24 draft position.
Would you give 2 first round picks to bring Cousins to the Vikings if they didn't have him already? The only way I see that happening is if they pay his entire salary to get someone to take him. Essentially paying for picks and going all in on the best rookie QB out there this year or next.
Pretty good chance we see Cousins in purple for another year. I hope they don't repeat their mistake and extend him for 3 more.
They believe Cousins can take them to the promise land if they put the right pieces around him. I believe that is possible. But I prefer letting him play out his contract. If it works he will be worth the high price in the future.
If not, move on.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Would you give 2 first round picks to bring Cousins to the Vikings if they didn't have him already? The only way I see that happening is if they pay his entire salary to get someone to take him. Essentially paying for picks and going all in on the best rookie QB out there this year or next.
Pretty good chance we see Cousins in purple for another year. I hope they don't repeat their mistake and extend him for 3 more.
They believe Cousins can take them to the promise land if they put the right pieces around him. I believe that is possible. But I prefer letting him play out his contract. If it works he will be worth the high price in the future.
If not, move on.
If I believed that we had the OL that would give his cement feet a chance,  a defense that is SB ready,   depth for a run and the cap space to do it,  sure.  But this team has none of those things,  if another GM thinks his is worth the price,  imo it would be foolish not to make that move before our young skill players get to old to build around.  I dont think it happens with Kirk before he's to old to get it done.