Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VELSPÁR 2017 - FINAL RESULTS

The Minnesota Vikings news got this week and depending on who you talk to was either Good or Bad.  Teddy Bridgwater is officially "ready" and has been activated to the 53 man roster and will back up Case Keenum, meanwhile Sam Bradford was placed on IR and underwent surgery on his already surgically repaired knee.  It's possible he could be back in time for the playoffs, but that remains to be seen.  The Vikings are 6-2 and have on of the top records in the NFL and face a very tough schedule to finish out the regular season.  Word came out after Monday night that the NFC North division is now the Detroit Lions who went in to Lamblow and got a rare win, on a season best performance by Matthew Stafford.  So now our collective Packer hatred can be direct towards Detroit, sympathy be dammed.  The celebration has begun in Detroit, but all the Detroit Pundits are forgetting that their kitties are just 1-3 this year at home and are facing an win-less team who despite their record has a formidable defense.  #1 in rush yards allowed 2.9 per carry and # 8 in passing yards allowed 4.9.  The Lions running game is struggling and Ameer abdulah fumbled twice last week.  Go Browns!  sorry I got a little distracted there.  So the Vikings second have push and road to the playoffs begins on Sunday with a tough task going into Washington to face the Redskins who just went into Seattle and beat the hawks.  The Oline is banged up for the skins so the Vikings should have a good day on the defensive line.   Teddy is back (truly an inspirational story) and the Vikings are looking to dominate the second have of the season.  
Week 10 of VELSPAR IS HERE

http://scottsabarber.wixsite.com/velspar

Much is being said this week on who should be starting QB for the Vikings this week. While the debate rolls on and the clicks keep coming one party is losing friends and the other is making money. Meanwhile the Vikings have been preparing for the Rams who come to US BANK stadium with a 7-2 record and sitting atop the NFC West with a one game lead over Seattle. It’s being said the Rams are a powerful team with an offense reminiscent of the greatest show on turf and a SURGING defense with a #2 Ranking. I’ve been saying it all week and I will repeat it here. THE RAMS ARE FRAUDS. When you dive in and look at who the Rams have played you will not be so scared of what is coming into the game this week. Let’s take a look at the QB’S the rams have “dominated” In order of most recent. Tom Savage, Eli Manning (without his top 4 WR's), Carson Palmer (Cards 27th in passing and last in rushing) Blake Bortles, Russel Wilson (who they lost to) Dak Prescott (might be the most impressive performance, but allowed 30 points) Bryan Hoyer (332yds 2 TD's) Kirk Cousins, and Andrew Luck, ohh wait he has not played yet this year Brisset. IF the Rams are such a good Defense why are they DEAD LAST against the Run? should we look at the RB's they have faced?
(same order as QB's with RB ranking) Lamar Miller (11) Orleans Darkwa (24) Adrian Peterson (31) had 21 yards) Chris Ivory (39) Russel Wilson(38)showed up ahead of all SEA RB's) Ezekiel Elliot (3) Carlos Hyde(9) Chris Thompson(40) and Frank Gore(15) So the Rams have the worst Rushing Defense in the League and this with blowing out 4 of their 9 opponents. Typically teams throw the ball to play catch up when they are being blown out on the scoreboard. 
So while the debate swirls around causing friends to argue and bitch at one another. The Vikings are preparing to put down the Rams, silence the critics and move one step closer to that which they desire. Case Keenum may have quietly circled this game on his calendar in hopes of showing the Rams who the greatest show on turf is on Sunday.
SKOL!!!! Week 11 of VELSPAR IS HERE

The Rams can not beat the Minnesota Vikings. Only the Minnesota Vikings can beat the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday

Don't want to start a thread for it...  The ESPN playoff machine is up:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Quote: @"CLOBIMON" said:
Ummm did you see this?http://scottsabarber.wixsite.com/velspar/this-weeks-winner

Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
@"CLOBIMON" said:
Ummm did you see this?http://scottsabarber.wixsite.com/velspar/this-weeks-winner
Oh! Sweet!  I hadn't seen that.  A 64+10?  That's definitely the best I've done. Smile

The Lions fans would like to think that this game is for the division, while the Lions players are hoping to be thankful to come out of this game alive.  Case Keenum and the Vikings are playing much better together since week 4.  And have answered the "wait until's..." each and every week.  The Vikings bring the #5 offense and #5 defense to Detroit ohh and #5 as well....  All eyes have been on the qb position for the Vikes, and that's great because the Vikings RB's will get to say Hellotee to the Lions run defense who have given up double the yardage since Haloti Nagta went on injured reserve.  Since the Lions came to USB stadium the Vikings running offense has dramatically improved and that's without their star in the making rookie running back.  It's a short week and a Win here puts the Vikings one step closer to the Division crown.   It's time to be Thankful.  I'm thankful that despite the injuries the Vikings have endured they are playing well and rising to the top.   Thankful for you who continue to play this "contest" every week.
Welcome to Week 12 of Velspar

I'm in.  I am thankful that PapaScott does these every... single... week... of... every... single... year.  THANK YOU.
BOOM