Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa! Blockbuster Trade!
Quote: @Mattyman said:
#12 to #3  Cost  a 2021 #12 and a 3rd

plus a 1st in 2022 and 2023.

The cost of the Vikings to go from #14 to #4 or #5 would have to be somewhere in that neighborhood.

With no 2nd rounder Minnesota needs to trade down instead of up IMHO>
As much as I have been advocating for the Vikes to move up to around #5 and have a shot at Wilson if he dropped that is way too much to give up to get to 5.  Now I can get off my sales pitch about moving up for a QB.  I am now a strong advocate to moving down from 14 to possibly get back a second rounder.  We could get 2 really nice players in the mid/late first (with move down) and then a later 2nd rounder.  A lot of excellent Tackles will be there in the late round 1 an early 2nd.  A lot of really high potential DE in the 3-5 rounds.  CB/S is pretty deep.  Guard class looks awful, of course.  I like a couple middle round LB'ers.  I'm thinking our interior DL is fairly set (Atkins it is set) so maybe nothing or a late round flier??

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Mattyman said:

The cost of the Vikings to go from #14 to #4 or #5 would have to be somewhere in that neighborhood.

As much as I have been advocating for the Vikes to move up to around #5 and have a shot at Wilson if he dropped that is way too much to give up to get to 5.  Now I can get off my sales pitch about moving up for a QB.  I am now a strong advocate to moving down from 14 to possibly get back a second rounder.  We could get 2 really nice players in the mid/late first (with move down) and then a later 2nd rounder.  A lot of excellent Tackles will be there in the late round 1 an early 2nd.  A lot of really high potential DE in the 3-5 rounds.  CB/S is pretty deep.  Guard class looks awful, of course.  I like a couple middle round LB'ers.  I'm thinking our interior DL is fairly set (Atkins it is set) so maybe nothing or a late round flier??

The best way to get a second is to trade down a small few spots for a 3rd then package the Baltimore 3rd with the newly acquired 3rd for whatever 2nd is available. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@Mattyman said:

The best way to get a second is to trade down a small few spots for a 3rd then package the Baltimore 3rd with the newly acquired 3rd for whatever 2nd is available. 
Who's on first?  If that is what your draft board is telling you Smile  Kidding.  

I'll tell you what though if Mac Jones is going in the Top 13 then we will have another tempting guy to draft at 14 that we didn't expect to be there.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@Mattyman said:

Who's on first?  If that is what your draft board is telling you Smile  Kidding.  

I'll tell you what though if Mac Jones is going in the Top 13 then we will have another tempting guy to draft at 14 that we didn't expect to be there.
I think most of us already assumed he was going top 10. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@VikeMike52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
How in the world do you do this without knowing who is going to be "your guy" at #3?  I guess unless you know who the Jets are going with. 
You don't, unless you've identified three QB's you'd be happy with. My guess those three are Lawrence, Wilson and Jones. 
I think 3 is Lance.
Could be. Less likely IMO, but very possible. Could also be Fields. 
The 49ers apparently love Lance...  now it could be a smoke screen to hide their interest in one of the other QBs, but this trade is definitely about getting a QB.

@minny65 said:
@AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@Mattyman said:

I think most of us already assumed he was going top 10. 
You know what they say about "assume" Smile

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikeMike52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
How in the world do you do this without knowing who is going to be "your guy" at #3?  I guess unless you know who the Jets are going with. 
You don't, unless you've identified three QB's you'd be happy with. My guess those three are Lawrence, Wilson and Jones. 
I think 3 is Lance.
The 49ers apparently love Lance...  now it could be a smoke screen to hide their interest in one of the other QBs, but this trade is definitely about getting a QB.
You don't make that kind of deal for a tackle or a receiver. Is Lance their guy? That's very possible. A lot to like but here's what gives me pause. 

1. Lance is going to need time. Do you give up that much for a guy who will likely spend his 1st season on the bench?  
2. Lance played only one season and one game. And in that game he was terrible. He might have more upside than any of the QBs, but this not a player without serious risk. 
3. Jones matches so much of what Shanahan likes to do, from RPO to play action. 

@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikeMike52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
I think 3 is Lance.
You don't make that kind of deal for a tackle or a receiver. Is Lance their guy? That's very possible. A lot to like but here's what gives me pause. 

1. Lance is going to need time. Do you give up that much for a guy who will likely spend his 1st season on the bench?  
2. Lance played only one season and one game. And in that game he was terrible. He might have more upside than any of the QBs, but this not a player without serious risk. 
3. Jones matches so much of what Shanahan likes to do, from RPO to play action. 

I love Lance's skill set, but he is the ultimate definition of project. The team that drafts him will have to be very very patient.

Quote: @Rigby said:
Makes one wonder what a Cousins offer might have looked like.....were there one.
There will never be one for this dude.  Don't no other team want to give up anything for him.

They ain't going to pay his salary when they can get someone just as good (at least in terms of wins) for a lot less.

Stafford got a haul and many Kirkstans firmly believe that he is worse than Kirk.

The only outcome is the Vikings just let him play out his deal, add a couple of void years next year to lower the cap hit and eat dead money to get him out after next year, or worst of all, extend his sorry behind again.

They have spent 94M bucks so far and only made the playoffs once.

That is not good enough.

It does not matter whose "fault" it is.

The strategy has not worked and doubling or tripling down on that strategy is fool's gold or bitcoin.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@Rigby said:
Makes one wonder what a Cousins offer might have looked like.....were there one.
There will never be one for this dude.  Don't no other team want to give up anything for him.

They ain't going to pay his salary when they can get someone just as good (at least in terms of wins) for a lot less.

Stafford got a haul and many Kirkstans firmly believe that he is worse than Kirk.

The only outcome is the Vikings just let him play out his deal, add a couple of void years next year to lower the cap hit and eat dead money to get him out after next year, or worst of all, extend his sorry behind again.

They have spent 94M bucks so far and only made the playoffs once.

That is not good enough.

It does not matter whose "fault" it is.

The strategy has not worked and doubling or tripling down on that strategy is fool's gold or bitcoin.

Lolz find a new team