• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guru: Vikings Mock Off-Season Plan
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Now tell us this...what happens if a guy like Fields slips to #14? 
I think they'd at least pause and consider it. But more likely I could see them using him as a ticket to trade back for a premium knowing a team is coming up for a QB. 
Interesting. I guess that would go a long way to show they really are all in with Kirk.
or that they are not in on Fields.   The guy was the projected #2 QB of this draft 6 months ago and now he's possibly the 4th or 5th off the board depending on what you read and believe.
Yeah...I'm a believer in the idea that when a prospect starts sliding, you shouldn't necessarily say, "Oh boy, everyone else is stupid, I'm about to get a bargain!" That's when you think, "Why is everyone else scared off?"

There are times when a slide happens for stupid, off-field reasons: Dalvin Cook, Laremy Tunsil, Randy Moss, Warren Sapp. But that won't be the case with Fields. I think the "steal" of Randy Moss weighs so heavily in Vikings' fans minds that we are always looking for the steal. Sometimes it works but there should be a caution light.

J.Jefferson, Dalvin Cook...I got my real current and solid reasons for getting giddy about steals.
But Jefferson wasn't a steal or a slider (at draft time). He went exactly where he was projected to go in terms of consensus opinion. There wasn't a single draft analyst that I'm aware of (and I follow most of them) that had him ranked as the top receiver. Not one. Well, except for THIS idiot. :-) 

Jimmy needs more of this...

[Image: man-relaxing-in-a-streamelganorway-BWYDTG.jpg]
close,  I went ice fishing on Saturday and it was 65 degrees... a new high temp for me for ice fishing,  if it wasnt for a 35mph wind I would have been out there in a t-shirt and jeans,  but a 35mph wind blowing across a sheet of ice is still fucking cold,  despite may temps.

I was actually looking to scroll right to see if there was bear giving thanks for the meal he was about to enjoy.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@purplefaithful said:

I was actually looking to scroll right to see if there was bear giving thanks for the meal he was about to enjoy.
I don't know about that pic.  Looks to me like he fell off of a cliff and landed on the rocks.  No back support and does not look comforting to me at all.  I think the field of grass would have been a better choice to land and listen to your tunes which I'm sure is Screamo

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@purplefaithful said:

do you see any woods?  do you see any bear crap?  ok then.... no bears,  nap away.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:
@purplefaithful said:

do you see any woods?  do you see any bear crap?  ok then.... no bears,  nap away.
Nap away? How much weed was involved in that picture?

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:
@purplefaithful said:

Nap away? How much weed was involved in that picture?
a warm rock in a cool stream on a sunny day,  why would somebody need weed?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I think they'd at least pause and consider it. But more likely I could see them using him as a ticket to trade back for a premium knowing a team is coming up for a QB. 
Interesting. I guess that would go a long way to show they really are all in with Kirk.
or that they are not in on Fields.   The guy was the projected #2 QB of this draft 6 months ago and now he's possibly the 4th or 5th off the board depending on what you read and believe.
The season of subterfuge.
I know some people really get into this time of year,  and I used to be one of them,  but with all the bull shit we get in our daily lives these days,  I really dont care for it in my distractions as well.  the posturing for contracts,  the posturing for draft strategy... fuck it, I am ready to know who is on this team,  who wants to be on this team,  and get the fuck on with it already.  I read these threads hoping for some shred of credible evidence of direction,  but I really should know better by now.
It's either this or get busy with the honey-do list for me.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@PurpleCrush said:
The season of subterfuge.
I know some people really get into this time of year,  and I used to be one of them,  but with all the bull shit we get in our daily lives these days,  I really dont care for it in my distractions as well.  the posturing for contracts,  the posturing for draft strategy... fuck it, I am ready to know who is on this team,  who wants to be on this team,  and get the fuck on with it already.  I read these threads hoping for some shred of credible evidence of direction,  but I really should know better by now.
It's either this or get busy with the honey-do list for me.
oh dear God,  want to talk about QBs?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Yeah...I'm a believer in the idea that when a prospect starts sliding, you shouldn't necessarily say, "Oh boy, everyone else is stupid, I'm about to get a bargain!" That's when you think, "Why is everyone else scared off?"

There are times when a slide happens for stupid, off-field reasons: Dalvin Cook, Laremy Tunsil, Randy Moss, Warren Sapp. But that won't be the case with Fields. I think the "steal" of Randy Moss weighs so heavily in Vikings' fans minds that we are always looking for the steal. Sometimes it works but there should be a caution light.
Hmm sliding eh?  Remember Onterrio "Whizzinator" Smith, the original SOD?  First 4th round guy ever to try a rookie hold out too, I think.