Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pocket Passer seems to be doing fine.
Quote: @pattersaur said:
7/8 also have HOF QBs. Gotta be good on both sides of the ball for sure. 
6/8. Whoever that was under center for the Broncos in the Super Bowl, it was not the Peyton Manning that earned a yellow jacket. But yeah, your point is well taken. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@purplefaithful said:
No, that Buc's team doesnt appear to be a dynasty. But what a nice set of moves by the coaching and front office to put that mix of talent on the field. 

I'm hurting today if I am a Chiefs fan, but very hopeful for the coming years with Mahomes. Not to mention Hill/Kelcy/Elair and some really nice D pieces. 
Not so sure about the Chiefs' dynasty. Mahomes' salary is OK for another year, I believe, but then starts to climb. Spotrac estimates them over the cap by $11M in 2021. Also, they have at least a couple guys - Tyreek Hill, Tyrann Mathieu - who could have off-field blowups any time.

Is the shine off Andy Reid or Eric Bienemy because of that loss? They knew what Mahomes' condition was and who was hurt on their OL, and didn't seem to have any want to compensate for it. No second-half adjustments either.

Agreed that Tampa's current roster isn't a long-term dynasty either. But would you take 2 Championships in 20 years rather than eternal "we're pretty good" teams?
gotta win the first one to have a shot at a dynasty...  but damn it would suck to finally drink from that cup and then become irrelevant for 5+ years because of the resources that were burned to get there.
F that, I want to taste the cup.  I'm fine if we suck for a decade afterwards.  You think New Orleans is going to be any good for years to come?  Hell Brees wouldn't have even won his Superbowl if there wasn't a bountygate.