Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we keep voting for people like this?
COVID and the Trumpers have shown me who the true dumb shits of society are, both personally in my circle and on the national stage. And their propensity to double down on the stupidity is head shaking.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
COVID and the Trumpers have shown me who the true dumb shits of society are, both personally in my circle and on the national stage. And their propensity to double down on the stupidity is head shaking.
You know dang well the problem is not those fomenting hate and big lies...The problem is those fomenting a cancel culture.

Stephen Colbert: 
“This may come as a surprise to you, but those of us who watched those buildings burn with our bare eyes here in the New York City area are not that impressed with your willingness to admit that it happened,” he said. “I believe we as a nation promised to always remember it happened. What’s your bumper sticker say? ‘9/11. Oops, I Forgot’?”
“This is the modern GOP, they want credit for recognizing reality,” Colbert added, then played a clip revising a famous line from former President Ronald Reagan in Berlin: “Mr. Gorbachev, this is a wall.” 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@greediron said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
The elected are just symptoms of a much bigger problem.
yes, considering the majority in the house, white house and their half of the senate, there is a huge problem in this country.

The aforementioned Warnock for example.  SMFH
This might be just me, but I think the side of the aisle that just inspired an attempted coup MIGHT be a bigger problem...
Yeah, no I was already talking about the antifa supporting types.  

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your circle jerk here.  I thought maybe there was an honest liberal in the house.  Guess I was wrong.  

I love the troll that used Maxine Waters quote to get the democrats to condemn violence.  What a bunch of hypocrites.  
I'm a lib on many issues, not all. I sure as heck dont support Antifa or really nasty and evil people like MTG. We might actually agree on that despite being on both sides of the aisle? But I haven't heard you (or any other conservative here on the board) denounce her either. 
Not sure I have here, but yeah, from what little I have heard, she sounds off the deep end.  The Q crap is quite annoying and bizarre.  Don't pay it much attention, but every now and then I see some of it come across my view.  Usually can spot it quite quick.

What I wonder though, are there any on the left that will denounce Waters, Pelosi and others that have incited actual violence?  Rand Paul had quite a list including the shooting at the softball practice.

This is a gross simplification, Ive come to the conclusion there's too many 70+ year old white people still running this country...On both sides of the aisle. 
While this true, let's not pretend that diversity is an equal problem on both sides. In the house, for example, whites outnumber nonwhites about 20 to 1 on team red. On team blue, nonwhites outnumber whites. 
You're wrong by the way.  At least according to statista.com  There are 107 minority and 119 white house members that are democrats and the GOP while less diverse is 1/2 of what you're saying.  Its 10.21/1 not 20/1.  I guess I don't see where you're going with this? 
Are you saying people are racist for electing people from their
districts? 

White people make up 73% of the population as a whole.  It sure sounds like non-white people are over represented in congress.  313 of 439 are white or 71%. (Statista counts the representation from Puerto Rico)  But you could make an easy argument that these GOP members are coming from predominately rural and more white areas in the country.  You'd expect that to be whom they would elect wouldn't you?  Same can be said for urban elections of Democrats.  If the district is significantly more diverse you'd expect them to elect more diverse people wouldn't you? 

https://www.statista.com/chart/18905/us-...ethnicity/

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
While this true, let's not pretend that diversity is an equal problem on both sides. In the house, for example, whites outnumber nonwhites about 20 to 1 on team red. On team blue, nonwhites outnumber whites. 
You're wrong by the way.  At least according to statista.com  There are 107 minority and 119 white house members that are democrats and the GOP while less diverse is 1/2 of what you're saying.  Its 10.21/1 not 20/1.  I guess I don't see where you're going with this? 
Are you saying people are racist for electing people from their
districts? 

White people make up 73% of the population as a whole.  It sure sounds like non-white people are over represented in congress.  313 of 439 are white or 71%. (Statista counts the representation from Puerto Rico)  But you could make an easy argument that these GOP members are coming from predominately rural and more white areas in the country.  You'd expect that to be whom they would elect wouldn't you?  Same can be said for urban elections of Democrats.  If the district is significantly more diverse you'd expect them to elect more diverse people wouldn't you? 

https://www.statista.com/chart/18905/us-...ethnicity/

Now now, how are they supposed to go about race baiting when you use facts?  You know that isn't allowed.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Not sure how this is going to play out in the long run, wish conservatives would show us "Values".  Really have lost any respect for the GOP, she is BSC and dangerous and they do nothing.  But look how long it took for them to address Steve King, my ex congressman.  They will embrace anything to get power, look at the last four years.   
This would be funny if you weren't serious.  I believe the GOP stripped King of his committees pretty quickly after his comments.  While Omar still continues on after making anti-semitic remarks.  What about the chinese compromised Swalwell?  An actual enemy agent compromised him and he stayed on the Intel committee?

Tell me more about these "values".  

He was in office for seventeen years, I suppose in conservative terms that is quick.  Do a quick search for Steve King racist quotes.  Check out how many bills he sponsored or co-sponsored, clue it's about 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.  He has been a piece of work since day one,  

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
He was in office for seventeen years, I suppose in conservative terms that is quick.  Do a quick search for Steve King racist quotes.  Check out how many bills he sponsored or co-sponsored, clue it's about 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.  He has been a piece of work since day one,  
I dont think either party really wants to start playing "who brought the ugliest date" game.

Soooo, Swalwell?  A threat to our nation?  He gets a free pass?

Quote: @greediron said:
Soooo, Swalwell?  A threat to our nation?  He gets a free pass?
okay what about him, just read the Axios, Forbes and WP.  Fox latest was Trey Gowdy calling him a bafoon and a story about a CNN interview with Jake Tapper.  Give me something other than innuendo and allegations.  Whats McCarthy got to say he was briefed a month ago by the FBI, can’t find any comments from him.  

Just another “well what about”  deflection.  How about some conspiracy to go with it.  If there is anything to it have at it.