Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down go the Pukers
Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:
On the one hand I enjoyed their loss immensely.

On the other, they are consistent contenders for 30 years while we are mostly irrelevant, and no single game really changes that sad fact.
and they were cellar dwellars for the 20+ years prior to that 30 year run.  Would you trade 25 years of watching shit football for 2 lombardis,  or do you like having ups and downs with more ups than downs?  i thought it was funny that the 2 final teams in the NFC this year were two teams that would annually fight for 3rd place in the NFCN when I was growing up.
I grew up in the 70's watching great Viking teams stomp on crummy Packer squads.  They kept Bart Starr in the coach job way too long, he was their Mike Zimmer, lol.  Always gonna get em next year...sure you are, bud.

I saw that Smile

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:

On the other, they are consistent contenders for 30 years while we are mostly irrelevant, and no single game really changes that sad fact.
and they were cellar dwellars for the 20+ years prior to that 30 year run.  Would you trade 25 years of watching shit football for 2 lombardis,  or do you like having ups and downs with more ups than downs?  i thought it was funny that the 2 final teams in the NFC this year were two teams that would annually fight for 3rd place in the NFCN when I was growing up.
I grew up in the 70's watching great Viking teams stomp on crummy Packer squads.  They kept Bart Starr in the coach job way too long, he was their Mike Zimmer, lol.  Always gonna get em next year...sure you are, bud.

But we don't live in the 70s here in 2020, and 30 years of being 2nd most of the time (or worse) is what I'm tired of.
Starr's record was 52-76-3 and 1-1 in the playoffs, making it during the strike year. Mike Zimmer is 64-47-1 and 2-3 in the postseason.

Listen, you can hate Zimmer all you'd like but you're reaching most of the time with the venom. I mean, you bag incessantly on he and Spielman. We got it.....and if anyone says anything to the contrary in the slightest, then we LOVE Zimmer. Broken record time. I'm ready to move on also but I give the guy his due when it warrants. 

Sticky said 'you bag incessantly on ( insert favorite subject here). We got it.....and if anyone says anything to the contrary in the slightest, then we LOVE (favorite subject).

Isn't that pretty much everything on this board?  No half way or indifference allowed?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Sticky said 'you bag incessantly on ( insert favorite subject here). We got it.....and if anyone says anything to the contrary in the slightest, then we LOVE (favorite subject).

Isn't that pretty much everything on this board?  No half way or indifference allowed?
lol, yeah but comet is on a roll in that department. The point of bringing that up is I think its overdone and every thread that mentions either Zimmer or Spielman gets the 'broken record' treatment. Again, its my opinion. comet has been around as a Viking's fan long enough to bitch if he wants to and I've been around long enough to take issue with it if its a little unfair IMO. And the beat goes on!  Wink

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:

But we don't live in the 70s here in 2020, and 30 years of being 2nd most of the time (or worse) is what I'm tired of.
Starr's record was 52-76-3 and 1-1 in the playoffs, making it during the strike year. Mike Zimmer is 64-47-1 and 2-3 in the postseason.

Listen, you can hate Zimmer all you'd like but you're reaching most of the time with the venom. I mean, you bag incessantly on he and Spielman. We got it.....and if anyone says anything to the contrary in the slightest, then we LOVE Zimmer. Broken record time. I'm ready to move on also but I give the guy his due when it warrants. 
Awwww....when Mike and Rick do something more than waste years of my time as a fan then I'll let up on em. 

Meantime you'll just have to live with it pal just like I have to live with those two clowns running the team I love down a dead end alley year after year.

Also lost in all this is the fact that the Pack never held the lead at any point in the game. Just thought I mention it as I am still enjoying the take down.

[Image: j7cxbn51u2mw.jpg]