Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Kubiak plans to retire as Vikings offensive coordinator
I see this being an internal promotion. If you're a candidate from outside of the organization, would you be willing to uproot your family & move to minny for what might only be a one year gig? Anybody looking at this team objectively realizes that there may very well be a regime change in 2022. 

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
I see this being an internal promotion. If you're a candidate from outside of the organization, would you be willing to uproot your family & move to minny for what might only be a one year gig? Anybody looking at this team objectively realizes that there may very well be a regime change in 2022. 
Excellent point...I think if the team underperforms, this is going to be Zimmers last hurrah. 

I kind of wish Mike would join him.  This team just seems kind of bla, bla, bla now, and I'm really doubting Zim is the guy to jump start them into a new era.  I wonder if Kubes Jr will leave too.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
It's possible. But you also have to consider that the OC in 2021 is going to be running one of the top offenses in the NFL and would be a consideration for Zimmer's job if he loses it, especially if the OC has previous HC experience. One thing we won't want to do at the end of 2021 is screw with our offense.

I also think it's unlikely Zimmer loses his job given how likely it is that the offense will again be very good and the defense should be quite a bit better.

We are bringing in the Lions WR coach ( I guess he's worried about his kneecaps). This could lead to our WR coach moving to QB coach, and Klint going from QB coach to OC.

Per the bird ap

[Image: ev6da287gwku.png]He is available. We can bring back the "kick ass" offense

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Its funny how the best playcallers usually have the best players. I'm sure it'll be fine. Maybe we pass a little more but 35 passing TDs and 4200+ yards thru the air seemed more than fine in this 'run heavy' offense I keep hearing about. 

Trust me, it ain't the OC I'm going to be worried about, its the defense. 
I pointed this out in another thread, oddly enough it went ignored.  2.8 points per game separated the Vikings offense from KC. 3.2 points per game between Vikings and Saints/Bucs. So just over a field goal a game difference from being a top 3 offense.  I feel like if the offense was more passing heavy and flashy,  but scored the exact same points the complaints wouldn't be so strong. 
Right, and dont forget how many points Bailey left out below average 

Stefanski last year
Mass Exodus of FA last year- likely more this season
Paton
Kubiak
Caper
Malouf

Thats a lot of turn over.....