Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, that sucked...
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Jor-El said:
Maybe we're tanking? I don't think they would be after Trevor Lawrence - hard to get #1 overall and Cousins isn't the problem - but maybe we're "Sucking for Sewell", as in Penei Sewell the Oregon OT who looks like the next Anthony Munoz.
Oh, what am I thinking - even if we had the #1 pick they would choose another CB.
Is this a serious comment? I really hope not because why would any team, ever, tank for an OL? It was a really bad week 1 and the defense was god awful. I really do not like Anthony Barr and would be all for trading him for Desmond King and then drafting #1 LB available in the draft. We need another LB that can cover and he cannot.
The offense will be fine, just need to figure out how to use Jefferson and Irv more

There's a lot of sarcasm in my comment, sorry if that was not apparent. I don't think teams should tank for anyone - too much uncertainty, even Lawrence is not the sure thing worth wasting a season. But I added some desire to improve the OL, which has sucked for a decade...and that a game like yesterday makes us all start reading about 2021 prospects, which is pretty damn sad for week 1.

And my remark that the current team management would always pick a defensive player, probably a CB, is hopefully not factual but definitely reflects a genuine frustration.
I don't know if I can agree with you that the offense will be fine because they can't use Jefferson or Irv more if Cousins has defenders in his face on every play.

Ok, glad there was sarcasm. I would tend to agree with the CB comment but not this upcoming year as we just drafted Gladney and Dantzler. I see them going after a S, LB, or DL in the next draft for defense. I really do think the offense is fine and this game was not a good judgment of how they did considering the defense couldnt do a damn thing and that throws off your plan. If the offense struggles vs Indy then I will be concerned.

Our dbs first nfl game was against a Hof qb and with no preseason what can you expect.

This wasn’t a good game by us.  I wouldn’t declare the end of the world yet,
because the first game of the season always has a lot of variance in
performance as teams haven’t hit their stride yet and they’re still figuring
things out, and that goes doubly so with the league not having a preseason or
normal training camp or fans in the stadium.

That said, I think we’re in for a very mediocre year.  8-8 to 9-7. 
I think Zimmer will get us a defense that looks like his first year.  Zimmer’s CBs here have always taken years to
get up to speed.  I just can’t imagine
they’ll hit the ground running.  Our DLine
is at best going to have two great players and two scrubs.  If Hunter or Yannick is out we’re rolling out
3 scrubs.  Our OLine is going to be
playing two scrubs right in the middle. 
We don’t have a home field advantage this year, which was historically
one of the best ones in the league.  I
think we’re going to have to recognize that we are now an offensive team that
is outscoring other offenses and we’re hoping our defense gets in the way
enough to win games.  We’ll need to expect
a top 5 offense and hope the defense grows into a top half defense by the end
of the season.

8-7 at halftime? Someone missed the last minute... B) 

packers must just prepare better. they had no pre season games either, and only one wr.

Quote: @kmillard said:
packers must just prepare better. they had no pre season games either, and only one wr.
They have a better OL, D and a HOF QB that makes every coach and player look better. I'm hoping I get to see another era of Packer football that harkens me back to Lynn Dickey and not 30 years of HOF QB'ing. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
They have a better OL, D and a HOF QB that makes every coach and player look better. I'm hoping I get to see another era of Packer football that harkens me back to Lynn Dickey and not 30 years of HOF QB'ing. 
Oh I never thought the Vikes were going to win the division this year. Green Bay is the class of this division (not saying much) but after the last 3 meetings, their coaching staff makes Minnys look basic and unimaginative.