Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater returning?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I just want the best QB running this offense, whomever that may be. Teddy is beloved by teammates and the organization and Bradford got rave reviews last year and into this season. Not sure what is going to happen.
Exactly what I've been preaching, I want whats best for the Vikings.

That said, unless something really awful happens between now and opening night vs Saints, Sam is the starter and will have every chance to play for a long-term contract here. Not sure where that leaves Bridgewater. 

Just like the Vikings situation with AP after he went off on his child, this leaves the Vikings in a bit of unchartered territory.

Their best tactic is to remain patient and I suspect buy themselves more time putting #5 on ice for the 1st 6 weeks of the season. 

I agree with Mike. There is a huge difference between being cleared for practice and being cleared for live bullets. If Teddy is not put on the PUP it's going to create a very sticky situation for the Vikings. 

I think the main QB story will still be how Sam and the offense gel (in real games) with an actual offseason and and Shurmur's offense in play.  If they get to the level the potential hints at, they should be easily scoring well over 20 points per game and be much more consistent than the mess of 2016.  We were a couple of plays/kicks short of the postseason last year, and that was amidst complete chaos.  Assuming that OTAs and practices have had their typical results, Sam and the rest of the offense have a shot at being pretty special.

As for Teddy...I don't see any reason to rush him back.  It's not smart financially, it's not likely to be smart medically, and however much he wants to be back and people want him back...he actually would be adding complications at this point.  I'm very glad he's healing, and I was really looking forward to seeing if his passing had evolved (he's been a better leader than a QB, by any measure).  I just don't think there's any real gain to prioritizing his playing in 2017.

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:
15% chance of rain. team moves practice in doors. 

hmm 
heavy severe storms across western minnesota and moving towards the cities.  golf ball size hail and torrential down pours.  they dont want any more knee issues than they are already dealing with.
eh, im dumb. i dont live around minnesota. i put too much faith into a forecast listed in my weather app. 
this is the midwest.... we never trust the weather man.  the saying out here is if you dont like the weather... wait 10 minutes.
Literally everywhere I have ever lived has that saying Wink
Pfffftttt, I live in New England, we say if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute   you have to wait 10????   LOL

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
I think the main QB story will still be how Sam and the offense gel (in real games) with an actual offseason and and Shurmur's offense in play.  If they get to the level the potential hints at, they should be easily scoring well over 20 points per game and be much more consistent than the mess of 2016.  We were a couple of plays/kicks short of the postseason last year, and that was amidst complete chaos.  Assuming that OTAs and practices have had their typical results, Sam and the rest of the offense have a shot at being pretty special.

As for Teddy...I don't see any reason to rush him back.  It's not smart financially, it's not likely to be smart medically, and however much he wants to be back and people want him back...he actually would be adding complications at this point.  I'm very glad he's healing, and I was really looking forward to seeing if his passing had evolved (he's been a better leader than a QB, by any measure).  I just don't think there's any real gain to prioritizing his playing in 2017.
Count me in as being excited to see Sam and Shurmur after an offseason together.  Hard to judge them as they were playing catchup all season long.

I agree on Teddy as well.  Let him heal, get his legs back under him and see how he progresses.  No need to rush it.

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
@"twgerber" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:

hmm 
heavy severe storms across western minnesota and moving towards the cities.  golf ball size hail and torrential down pours.  they dont want any more knee issues than they are already dealing with.
eh, im dumb. i dont live around minnesota. i put too much faith into a forecast listed in my weather app. 
this is the midwest.... we never trust the weather man.  the saying out here is if you dont like the weather... wait 10 minutes.
Pfffftttt, I live in New England, we say if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute   you have to wait 10????   LOL
If you want to see all four seasons. 

Only one season in Florida.  Hot.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"Viking Bob" said:
@"twgerber" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:

hmm 
If you want to see all four seasons. 
you might get colder, but I think we get more snow!! the other 3 seasons are pretty similar

When I lived near MN (across the Red River) I remember the 4 seasons as being Winter, Mosquito, Tourist and almost winter.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
When I lived near MN (across the Red River) I remember the 4 seasons as being Winter, Mosquito, Tourist and almost winter.
Nope - you forgot Road Construction season...There are only 2 seasons in MN. Winter and that. Winters here are damn near GoT like...

I just haven't seen the NK riding around here yet.