Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs traded to Buffalo
its not like we. traded randy away again

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I am shocked since they were truly not planning to move him. But there are packages that are sometimes too good to pass up. 2 picks in the top 25 will go a long ways. 

Although they eat the dead money this season this lets them stay active in FA this off-season and move some money into 2021 without repercussion. 
To be honest, I'm not shocked in the least. If you go back to Rick's comments about Harvin, he used almost exactly the same syntax when talking about Diggs. 

Listening closely, he practically announced he was trading Diggs at the Combine.

That being said, I was hoping we'd trade him to Vegas and be in the running for Jeudy or Lamb. 

Quote: @Akvike said:
didn't want to be here---adios MF
Exactly.

Bye Felicia.

I'm just as much a fan of Diggs as anyone...but players come and go.  Let's see, we drafted him in the 5th round and now trade him to Buffalo for their 1st, 5th and 6th this year and another pick next year.  Well, I'm already over him being gone and the Vikings are in a transitioning period of unloading aging players, freeing up cap money.  The youth movement through the draft just has to happen at this point for the Vikings.

Josh Allen struggled on deep passes last season - 14/63, 4 TD, 3 INT, 59.7 passer rating (27th among 32 qualified QB), with 10 of 14 deep completions targeting John Brown.
In a related story, Stefon Diggs sets world record in the helmet toss.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Josh Allen struggled on deep passes last season - 14/63, 4 TD, 3 INT, 59.7 passer rating (27th among 32 qualified QB), with 10 of 14 deep completions targeting John Brown.
In a related story, Stefon Diggs sets world record in the helmet toss.
Honestly, Diggs can't be loving this. He's going to go full diva on Allen, watch and see. Josh is not accurate. Diggs will be highly frustrated.

Next to the Raiders old venue, Buffalo's stadium is the worst facility in the league. Buffalo is Green Bay without the sophistication. He's going to be an absolute nightmare there.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
I'm just as much a fan of Diggs as anyone...but players come and go.  Let's see, we drafted him in the 5th round and now trade him to Buffalo for their 1st, 5th and 6th this year and another pick next year.  Well, I'm already over him being gone and the Vikings are in a transitioning period of unloading aging players, freeing up cap money.  The youth movement through the draft just has to happen at this point for the Vikings.
I feel the same. Like I said a week ago, I don't care who comes or goes. I'm a Viking's fan. To get a good amount of quality picks, you need to have a valuable commodity. You give to get. The Vikings are reloading on the fly with cap pressures with the hope of still being a playoff team this season. Diggs didn't want to be here, what can you do? Get a nice amount of compensation, that's what. I think Diggs displeasure has been going on since last year's OTAs. 

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
I think deep down we are all just ashamed that BarrNone was right this whole time.

We're not worthy man, we are not worthy. Going to rest my fingers on my mechanical keyboard, close my eyes and ask the spirits of the internet for closure on this one...
You may approach...

Lol

At some point, you all are going to realize I'm not just some pretty face.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Next to the Raiders old venue, Buffalo's stadium is the worst facility in the league. Buffalo is Green Bay without the sophistication. He's going to be an absolute nightmare there.
Green Bay sophistication?
The only difference between a dump that is Lambeau and one that is Rich Stadium is one has been glorified as hallowed ground by a bias NFL. 

This trade is good for the team even if it means losing a great player.
The return is better then I would have expected and we cut more off our cap. 
So much for the idea of the offense taking a step forward to compensate for the defense maybe stepping back.
Unless one believes Kirk will suddenly become the best QB now that he's once again the highest paid...for now.