Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who had the courage to watch the whole game
I honestly had a heart stress test 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure my heart rate was higher yesterday on that last drive with me sitting in my chair than it was after 10 minutes on that treadmill

Yep,  as usual I watched the whole damn thing.

And Vangaard,  glad you and the family had a good time!

Quote: @holmanjp said:
Do people really do that? Quit watching???
Fair weather/bandwagon fans I guess.

That's odd I talk harsh, about under performing Coaches and players.
Have been accused of not being a true/real fan.
Yet I have never missed any part of a Vikings game.
@Purpleblooded said:
It's a religion for me.  Never turn off a game.  When it is ugly, it's my penance.

Yeah, it's kinda why I'm a Vikings fan.  Maybe it's a masochistic/sadistic streak in me.  Wink

Which reminds me of a joke...

Masochist:  "Please beat me.  Slap me.  Abuse me."

Sadist:  "No."

Never turn off a game. Maybe 41-0? I think I shut that one off. But 20-0? I kept thinking one TD and it's a game again. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Never turn off a game. Maybe 41-0? I think I shut that one off. But 20-0? I kept thinking one TD and it's a game again. 
Interesting stat and even more impressive: the Vikings actually scored 20 points in like 7+ minutes. 

FOURTH QUARTERDENMIN
[Image: min.png&h=100&w=100]
TD13:25
Dalvin Cook 3 Yd Run (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)18 plays, 75 yards, 5:58
TD10:21
Stefon Diggs 54 Yd pass from Kirk Cousins (Dan Bailey Kick)3 plays, 62 yards, 0:35
TD6:01
Kyle Rudolph 32 Yd pass from Kirk Cousins (Dan Bailey Kick)5 plays, 67 yards, 2:14

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Interesting stat and even more impressive: the Vikings actually scored 20 points in like 7+ minutes. 

FOURTH QUARTERDENMIN
TD13:25
Dalvin Cook 3 Yd Run (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)18 plays, 75 yards, 5:58
TD10:21
Stefon Diggs 54 Yd pass from Kirk Cousins (Dan Bailey Kick)3 plays, 62 yards, 0:35
TD6:01
Kyle Rudolph 32 Yd pass from Kirk Cousins (Dan Bailey Kick)5 plays, 67 yards, 2:14
The quick TD to Diggs was a turning point...  you could feel the momentum changing when we pulled within 3 points with over 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  The offense was hot and it was just a matter of whether the defense could hold up and not let Denver score again.

Bailed out at half for a last ditch effort to fill my freezer with venison.  But I watched about the last half of the 4th quarter on my phone from my blind.  

Watched the entire game but did cancel my lunch plans because I thought I would be too upset to interact with others.

When my wife came back from lunch with friends, she proudly claimed that she was responsible for the victory because she left the house at halftime (she is remarkably bad luck for the Vikings).  I pointed out that the Vikings would never had been in a 20 point hole absent her lurking around the house during the first half.

I'll admit it.  I turned it off.  Missed all but the go ahead TD.  I was so PISSED off that for health reasons it was better to turn it off then continue to watching the shitshow that was the 1st half.

I was watching it real time, and I paused it about half way
through the second, started working on a project to distract myself, skimmed
through the last half of the second and started rewatching after half time.

The Vikings are my favorite tv show, so I never miss an episode. Even the bad ones.
Absolutely awesome comeback. I'm still smiling about it today.