Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings shitcan Wobby
Maybe Wobby asked her to autograph a photo from the peephole video.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Maybe he made a pass at Erin Andrews when she was in town a couple weeks ago.
You are either nostradamus or somebody is running with your theory. Apparently it's going around by something calling himself negative dave claiming it has to do with Andrews visit

Its all rumors. I'm really surprised something more concrete hasn't come out about this by now. Although its not like Wobby was well known outside of Vikings fans in Minnesota. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@comet52 said:
You are either nostradamus or somebody is running with your theory. Apparently it's going around by something calling himself negative dave claiming it has to do with Andrews visit

I'm often a good guesser... though there is now an alternate theory that Wobby's angry right wing social media posts got him canned.   Personally I'd rather get canned for unabashed drooling over Erin Andrews than for spouting politics which is largely a waste of one's life/time.

Quote: @comet52 said:
I'd pay money to see Wobby make a pass at any woman.

Andrews tagged and retweeted Wobby and the content they created together, and her comments allude to excitement about the piece. Professionally speaking, of course. I guess i'm not too sure these days, but it's hard to imagine somebody who is sexually harassed by an irregular on air co-host would turn around and promote that content...

There was some reddit steam about Wobby missing from a regular show about a week or so before his employment ended; that naturally meaning (for the internet, of course) that was the official beginning of an internal investigation. ... some speculation that he was returned to work while the investigation took place, then fired.

The Andrews interview sure caught peoples attention; one that actually caught mine was a piece Wobby did with PA from a Chicago hotel lobby. Wobby was having fun and trying to be professional and serious; PA was slouching in his chair yelling "WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU?!" and generally seemed to have a "this is bullshit" type attitude towards the piece. I couldn't help but imagine Wobby getting pissed and yelling at them once the camera stopped rolling. PA gave him the preseason treatment, on air, on a piece about the Chicago Bears because it was too loud in the lobby...

Wish he could take PA with him.

So, take this with a grain: rumor is he refused to stop posting extreme political stuff in his Twitter feed. The team asked him several times and he flat out refused. Also: supposedly from sources, he's kind of an asshole behind the scenes at work. 

Can't confirm any of this, its completely a rumor. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So, take this with a grain: rumor is he refused to stop posting extreme political stuff in his Twitter feed. The team asked him several times and he flat out refused. Also: supposedly from sources, he's kind of an asshole behind the scenes at work. 

Can't confirm any of this, its completely a rumor. 
Wow, seemed like such a likable guy. Just looked at his feed and couldn't find anything political. Guessing he deleted it. So while he maybe refused to stop posting it, it's clearly not something he's proud of. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
Wish he could take PA with him.
Oh now come on. Everyone I talk to who's not a Viking fan, in Denver, New Orleans, wherever I go, say we have by far the best radio announcer in the business. His iconic voice is that famous from clips on NFL Films. I only get him in snippets and I've heard he makes a lot of mistakes? Is that it? Either way, you can't deny his enthusiasm. 

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/11947...67072?s=20