Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bridgewater
Yep, I'm on the side of people who still think Teddy is good and still improving.
There are comments in this thread of people saying, "I've been surprised how well he's played this season". And that's with 4 starts after barely playing for 3 years! That right there tells me he has plenty of room to keep improving. I'm not saying he'll become a top 5 guy but I definitely think his pedigree, his intangibles, and his W-L record show that it's still too early to write him off.
He's been in the league a while, but this is basically his 3rd season of actually starting. Way too early to say he's hit his ceiling.

Worst thing, he was supposed to be our long term solution.  Not for someone else. 

The thing about Teddy is, he's not going to be a difference maker than can elevate a team and compel them to win, even if the team is bad.

The other thing about Teddy, is he's not going to have many games where he flat out loses you a game with bad turnovers, he's going to keep you close.

If the rest of the roster is stacked, he could be a good fit to playing complimentary football.  

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat over  Cousins.

The only way Teddy could come back is if Teddy wanted to be here,  it could be doable if he agreed to a deferred contract where his guaranteed money comes as cap hits after year one.  We cant trade KC,  but we can make him compete for the job next year if Teddy were given a deal that gave Teddy decent guaranteed money over 3 or 4 years or so and also gave Teddy the option of getting out of his deal if he doesnt like the fit.

It could be done,  but it will all be up to Teddy.

Thats something i hadnt thought of. If Kirk doesnt show up consistently this year i would want this to happen but still be drafting QB’s next year and every 2 nd to 3 rd year after that 

They need to draft someone better which probably won't happen till there is a change in GM/coach.