Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just can't shake the feeling....
(cough).....not a great start.

4 new starters and a new scheme...might take a minute to gel...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
4 new starters and a new scheme...might take a minute to gel...
Could be. But at the same time we talk about how good guys like Cook or Coley looked, we can conversely say how bad individually a guy like Remmers looked. Its blocking, not rocket science.

Not trying to be harsh, bud, and I know what you are saying: but at the same time, its not the best start for that group. Maybe with Reiff back and some time as the preseason goes along, they indeed will improve. 

Apples and oranges...OL is a unit...but yes, Remmers got his ass beat...but Sam had a pocket to step to...that kid Yarbourgh has been lighting up Bills camp...I'm going to give them more than a quarter of football before I get too concerned...especially with a front 4 that might be better than ours...

Coley looked very good...IIRC he had a second day grade but football desire drove him down...he could be the SOD...

Really pleased with what I saw with Cook...He's got some juice behind his pads...he'll catch 40-50 balls...And damn near double the yardage that McKinnon did last on receptions...  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Apples and oranges...OL is a unit...but yes, Remmers got his ass beat...but Sam had a pocket to step to...that kid Yarbourgh has been lighting up Bills camp...I'm going to give them more than a quarter of football before I get too concerned...especially with a front 4 that might be better than ours...

Coley looked very good...IIRC he had a second day grade but football desire drove him down...he could be the SOD...

Really pleased with what I saw with Cook...He's got some juice behind his pads...he'll catch 40-50 balls...And damn near double the yardage that McKinnon did last on receptions...  
The issue with the line is they just aren't very talented. Poor athleticism. They will definitely have to be cohesive to max their limited upside. Grains of salt in preseason for me, both good and bad....but Remmers is problematic. I agree on Coley's upside. I guess his pre-draft hits were if he was dedicated enough and staying healthy? Seems more talented than where he was selected. 

The offense is awful

Andy Jerome Carlson‏Verified account @AndyCarlsonShow  12m12 minutes ago
More
Good morning everyone except Mike Remmers' pass blocking.

[Image: fn11iw4zqtr2.jpg]

I still question Sparano's "expertise" as an OL Coach. I get last year he had something like 15 different guys but you would like to think players like Clemmings and Beavers would be getting better.  Elflein and Isodora are playing quite well, let's hope Spaorano doesn't screw them up!!