Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Schedule
Quote: @Zanary said:
Up here in Seattle again...here's hoping that they break the streak...!
how is it to attend a game there as an opposing fan?   are the hawk fans jackwagons or pretty cool?

Quote: @TBro said:
@pumpf said:
I must be crazy.  I see 11 or 12 wins (depending on injuries-as always).
I appreciate your optimism, but yes you are crazy. 

I look at this schedule, especially the road games, and think we will be looking at 8-8 or even 7-9. 

Our OLine is still a disaster going into the draft and I don't trust Rick to fix it. I hate to have a glass half empty
outlook on the season but he has let that part of the team down too many times since he took over. 

Outside of Hunter, our Defensive line is also a question mark. Richardson was a liability on Run defense and with his departure to Cleveland, Shamar Stephen, Jaleel Johnson, or Jalyn Holmes will have to step up their play big time at the 3T position for Zimmer's pass rush to be effective. Joseph seemed to disappear over the season, and Griffin still remains a big question mark. 

We still have lots of holes to fill on both sides of the ball to be a contender, and Cousins will have to be more effective against Playoff caliber teams where he really struggled last year. 
TBro, you pretty much outlined my exact thoughts on this upcoming season.  Even if the Vikes sweep the Packers, I still only having them win 9 games at most. 

Maybe they surprise us and play way better than the disappointment of last year.  I just don't see how that's possible with this OL and DL.

Well lets do this then!  Its time for Way way to early prognostications!

Regular Season
Week 1 | Sunday, Sept. 8 | NOON | vs. Atlanta Falcons | FOX | KFAN/KTLK----WIN, home opener... win or quit.
Week 2 | Sunday, Sept. 15 | NOON | at Green Bay Packers | FOX | KFAN/KTLK---LOSS,  The pack will be wanting to avoid starting 0-2 and will be very motivated and well prepared coming off a 10 day rest
Week 3 | Sunday, Sept. 22 | NOON | vs. Oakland Raiders | FOX | KFAN/KTLK--WIN,  This team is going to be disfunctional early on IMO.
Week 4 | Sunday, Sept. 29 | 3:25 PM | at Chicago Bears | CBS | KFAN/KTLK---LOSS,  This is going to be a loss every year until the team shows that I can win in Chicago regularly
Week 5 | Sunday, Oct. 6 | NOON | at New York Giants | FOX | KFAN/KTLK---WIN,  Its Eli.... hes our bitch!
Week 6 | Sunday, Oct. 13 | NOON | vs. Philadelphia Eagles | FOX | KFAN/KTLK---WIN,  at home with some payback on our minds, Fargo will be there with their Wentz jerseys,  1/2 of north east SD will be there with their Goedert jerseys,  but the Vikes still take it to the eagles,  and our fans spray their fans with beer.
Week 7 | Sunday, Oct. 20| NOON* | at Detroit Lions | FOX | KFAN/KTLK---WIN,  its the Lions and we have to sweep them to have a shot at the division... only a win will do.
Week 8 | Thursday, Oct. 24 | 7:20 PM | vs. Washington Redskins | NFLN | KFAN/KTLK---WIN,  plenty of motivation for the skins,  but Case is who we thought he was,  no more horseshoe.  Win.
Week 9 | Sunday, Nov. 3 | NOON* | at Kansas City Chiefs | FOX | KFAN/KTLK---LOSS,  its a damn tough place to play and that was before Mahomes.  dammit, we had a nice run going there.
Week 10 | Sunday, Nov. 10 | 7:20 PM* | at Dallas Cowboys | NBC | KFAN/KTLK--WIN, really its  a coin flip,  but I am a homer so its a win.
Week 11 | Sunday, Nov. 17 | NOON* | vs. Denver Broncos | CBS | KFAN/KTLK-- WIN,  horseface and flacco dont scare me at all.
Week 12 | Sunday, Nov. 24 | Bye Week | KFAN/KTLK-- WHEW!
Week 13 | Monday, Dec. 2 | 7:15 PM | at Seattle Seahawks | ESPN | KFAN/KTLK-- WIN, another coin flip IMO,  but we will have the better team and things should be well gelled by now.
Week 14 | Sunday, Dec. 8 | NOON* | vs. Detroit Lions | FOX | KFAN/KTLK--WIN again--because its the Lions,  they will be folding tent by this point of the season.
Week 15 | Sunday, Dec. 15 | 7:20 PM* | at Los Angeles Chargers | NBC | KFAN/KTLK--LOSS,  they are building a sneaky good team out there.
Week 16 | Monday, Dec. 23 | 7:15 PM | vs. Green Bay Packers | ESPN | KFAN/KTLK--WIN,  because we cant get swept and by now the drama will be deafening in gbay.
Week 17 | Sunday, Dec. 29| NOON* | vs. Chicago Bears | FOX | KFAN/KTLK--WIN,  for the division title, finally this season ending matchups means something and we take the north!

There it is,  12-4,  officially i will say 11-5 because we will lose at least 1 that we should win.  anything less than 10 wins and its time to clean house from the top down.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@pumpf said:
By the way... 5 PRIME-TIME GAMES???
Is that why you're calling 11 wins.
No.  If anything, our track record on prime-time games would lower that prediction to about 7 or 8 wins.  I wish I was kidding...  :'(

Quote: @pumpf said:
@suncoastvike said:
@pumpf said:
By the way... 5 PRIME-TIME GAMES???
Is that why you're calling 11 wins.
No.  If anything, our track record on prime-time games would lower that prediction to about 7 or 8 wins.  I wish I was kidding...  :'(
Well it's the time of year for optimism. So what the hey I'll say 10 or 11 wins. I can always revise that number lower if needed as a season goes on.

Never been to Shitcago for a game before, and I will be on the road, on vacation on September 29th.  Could be an interesting road trip.  Is it considered a good place to see a road game or are the fans a-holes?

Quote: @Buddah said:
Never been to Shitcago for a game before, and I will be on the road, on vacation on September 29th.  Could be an interesting road trip.  Is it considered a good place to see a road game or are the fans a-holes?
Don't know about how you'd be treated. Made me chuckle when I misread fans a-holes. I seen it like fan-a-holes and thought that's a clever term. I've been known to be a fan-a-holic.
I'll give you a bit of advice. Don't use the term Shitcago while there. No point poking the angry bear.

Pulled off the highway in Chicago once to drive by Solider Field up closer - thought if i'm in town I might as well check out where the enemy plays. I was blown away with how nice their outdoor stadium looked and the piece of land that it resides on, just off the lake, was also very pleasing visually. Sunny day...

I've always thought it'd be really cool to catch a Vikes game there since. 

Quote: I am the most respectful fan in another teams venue.  I would not want a disrespectful fan to be at my home, so why I do it in theirs?  Treat others like you want to be treated.  Philly was a horrible experience and Buffalo wasn't too pleasant, but KC, best fans outside of Minnesota.  I have friends in Chicago, I mostly bust on their Italian Cake they call pizza being that I was born and raised in NY.
@suncoastvike said:
@Buddah said:
Don't know about how you'd be treated. Made me chuckle when I misread fans a-holes. I seen it like fan-a-holes and thought that's a clever term. I've been known to be a fan-a-holic.
I'll give you a bit of advice. Don't use the term Shitcago while there. No point poking the angry bear.

Quote: @Buddah said:
I've been to Vikings games in at least 10 cities. I've only had problems with bears fans. 4 or 5 Bears Vikings games in Illinois the past 20 years and problems with fans every single game.