Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings show interest in OT Ryan Schraeder
Reports say Easton to make decision by tomorrow.  Saints want him as potential starting Center,  and another "mystery" team competing for his services.

Schrader, Kline, Easton - where do you get the money to sign any of them? We're actually a bit short of space to sign our rookie pool. Zimmer is going to want Tom Johnson back, too. Are we offering these guys some money contingent on getting Rudolph to take a cut? If any of these guys have offers from other teams which have actual cap space available now, they should take that offer.

Vikings showing interest in anybody who has starting experience and a pulse right about now.
Desperation.
Kind of interesting that you pay a QB 84 mil guaranteed and then do NOT try to put the best line as possible in front of him.
You would think that they might have wanted someone more mobile if this offensive line strategy was going to be employed.
They could end up with Schraeder and Kline to play RT & RG.  Then, they move O'Neill to LT and Reiff to LG.
At least they have some experience.

I wonder when they settle for Tom compton and his potential?

Quote: @kmillard said:
I wonder when they settle for Tom compton and his potential?
We did that this morning when Easton got paid way more then I would have been happy seeing him get. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Schrader, Kline, Easton - where do you get the money to sign any of them? We're actually a bit short of space to sign our rookie pool. Zimmer is going to want Tom Johnson back, too. Are we offering these guys some money contingent on getting Rudolph to take a cut? If any of these guys have offers from other teams which have actual cap space available now, they should take that offer.

pretty sure they got the rookie pool covered.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:

According to Spotrac:
Projected Draft Pool ("not included in cap figure yet"):    $6,872,359
Cap Space w/ all players:                                                $4,373,111
Cap Space w/ top 51:                                                      $6,848,111

So they're within $25K, if they sign no one else.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:

According to Spotrac:
Cap Space w/ all players:                                                $4,373,111
Cap Space w/ top 51:                                                      $6,848,111

but those rookies will replace some guys on the roster who are already under contract so you dont need to account for the entire amount under your cap.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:

According to Spotrac:

but those rookies will replace some guys on the roster who are already under contract so you dont need to account for the entire amount under your cap.

Good point that I didn't realize. Still, a journeyman NFL OL (and that's all that remains) will not pick a team that needs to release bodies after the draft.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:

According to Spotrac:

Good point that I didn't realize. Still, a journeyman NFL OL (and that's all that remains) will not pick a team that needs to release bodies after the draft.
I am sure we will have some warm bodies in the position once OTAs start,  i am not worried about filling the holes,  but filling them with talent is the issue and that pool is draining quickly.  I have to think though that they have a plan since the restructured Griffen and didnt cut him outright to get more cap space.  I expect one of our expensive pieces to be moved to really open things up but I am expecting it will have to wait for both parties to be ready to do it.