Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theilen/KC discussion
Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I actually think thielen made the wrong cut on that play. Also when thielen has to to take account of four routes while the people in front of them fail to do their jobs 40% of the time then he can get loud and act like a child on the sidelines. I like thielen but this was not his best moment.
Agreed. I love AT, but its funny how Viking Nation just dumped it on Cousins. He was acting like a baby. Its been heady times recently for Thielen and it appears he's got a little diva in him.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Mike Olson said:
I actually think thielen made the wrong cut on that play. Also when thielen has to to take account of four routes while the people in front of them fail to do their jobs 40% of the time then he can get loud and act like a child on the sidelines. I like thielen but this was not his best moment.
Agreed. I love AT, but its funny how Viking Nation just dumped it on Cousins. He was acting like a baby. Its been heady times recently for Thielen and it appears he's got a little diva in him.
Don't know that it is diva.  He didn't get to this point by being a diva IMO.  But he is driven and intense.  No surprise that he and cousins bumped heads.  The offense was struggling, especially cousins.  And that led to a big turn down in opportunities for AT, so he was probably a bit put off by Cousins telling him how to run his routes.  Even if Cousins was right.

AT hadn't been getting the ball much for several games. I'm sure he was frustrated. Like most of those guys, he wants to win.

Cousins, the 84 million dollar man, was off that day(and many games prior) but yet it's the guy that went undrafted and busted his ass to become one of the tops in his position, ...the guy who has so many catches with defenders draped all over him that memes about "you can't leave Adam Thielen this open" are a thing, ...the guy that put up back to back 1K yard receiving years with different QBs, ....the guy that just wants to win...    

...that's the guy that is the issue? 

This is why we can't have nice things. 

As I said, Kirk was off that day.  Ignore it and he will continue to be off.  Jebus... Viking fans used to make fun of packer fans and their Excuse-O-matic machine for Bert now we are building one.

edit - left out a "that".