Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears game crucial for Cousins
He is what he is.   I guess one can cry about it every day, or wish for Case Keenum to magically be here, or whatever.   Or you could just hope they shore up the o-line and give him him and the team a better chance.   I mean, is that better than endless whining and a member card in the I hate Kirk Cousins fan club?   He's here for 2 years like it or not.

He's had good games, but today against a Bears squad that put him under pressure constantly was not one of them.

Nor was the one against Buffalo! " He's here for 2 years like it or not." Is that supposed to cheer us up?

It will probably never happen, but I would like to see a legit QB competition between Cousins, a draft pick, and Sloter next year and may the best man win.

I’m definitely not sold on Cousins from what I saw this year. In fact, I saw a lot of the same issues that I heard him criticized for during his time in Washington.

[Image: 9m86hfncnjop.jpg]Theilen got it right:

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Nor was the one against Buffalo! " He's here for 2 years like it or not." Is that supposed to cheer us up?
I'm not responsible for cheering you up pal, lol.   I'm just saying the team committed to him, so might as well try to make the best of it.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
It's not about cheering you up, it's just the reality.

Quote: @comet52 said:
He is what he is.   I guess one can cry about it every day, or wish for Case Keenum to magically be here, or whatever.   Or you could just hope they shore up the o-line and give him him and the team a better chance.   I mean, is that better than endless whining and a member card in the I hate Kirk Cousins fan club?   He's here for 2 years like it or not.

He's had good games, but today against a Bears squad that put him under pressure constantly was not one of them.
4-25 vs teams with winning records.  Is that the guy you hang your franchise on.... cuz the Vikings did. 

Personally I thought he'd start to click with our playmakers as the year went on.  But I started to see Thielen not getting targeted until late in games, then today it was obvious that there's a bit of friction there.  Saw someone say something about "something was off" this year.  Yeah, team chemistry was off... and this loss didn't help.  Hopefully it will give them something to overcome during the off season and not just fester.  I highly doubt it's the later. 

Cousin's needs to learn to play the game and not want everything to go perfect.  It's football, it's ugly and the ball bounces unpredictably... no matter how many "blocks of minutes you divide your day into" somethings,, just cannot be controlled.  Cousins needs to loosen up and play... trust his gut, trust his teammates to make that catch even when covered.  He has plenty of room for improvement in the next 2 years, I hope he does and I hope he can start beating teams with winning records. 

Quote: @comet52 said:

Having Keenum back wouldn't make any difference whatsoever. None. They would have won even less games with him.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:

Having Keenum back wouldn't make any difference whatsoever. None. They would have won even less games with him.
Can't really say that with any certainty.  No one knows what Case would have done on the Vikings and the chemisty he had here.  As far as how he performed in Denver... who is Denver's OC again?   ...Bill Musgrave.  Well, fairly sure us Viking fans know about his offense and how "great" it was for QBs. 

But we're stuck with Captain (checkdown) Kirk for the next two years.  I hope they figure out a way to use his talents by the start of the '19 season, and I hope Kirk works on his accuracy downfield and builds chemistry with his receivers during the off season.