Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DePhillipo Fired???
Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
Did you guys see how many times our WRs ran overlapping routes or ended up stacked next to each other at the end of their route? I was starting to believe the WRs weren't hearing the playcall right in the huddle or that they weren't understanding the playcall...  Our route concepts had me scratching my head all game long.

The times when Cousins did have an NFL acceptable amount of time to throw his options were fuuuucked. stops, curls, drags... these routes over and over are a recipe for double clutch, hesitating and mistakes. That stuff has also become a reoccurring theme. Where did the offensive design that showed up for the first chunk of the season go? It's not like our offensive line was great then either. We never built on or off of anything good we did; we've gone backwards around the offensive line all season.
I cannot dispute this but what plays will Stefanski call?  They more than likely will run the same offense.  Too late to install a new offense.
Hopefully there are some plays in that playbook that are bit more imaginative.
I think JDF honored what Zimmer wanted.  More runs.

So he just ran the most basic of plays and they got stuffed.
But he at least followed orders.

its not the plays that you call.... every team has a lot of the same plays,  its how you set those plays up,  its when you call those plays,  its the formations and motions used presnap that set up more favorable matchups for those same plays.  people always want to talk about imagination,  but IMO its just about lining up and executing a well designed and timely called play,  this team hasnt been doing any of that.  We repeatedly fail to exploit known opposing teams weaknesses and completely ignore their strengths.

I hate to see anybody lose a job leading into the holidays... but something had to change or a lot more people would be in line to lose their jobs right after the holidays.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
 something had to change or a lot more people would be in line to lose their jobs right after the holidays.
I don't think it's over. Especially if they tank and miss the playoffs.

@BlackMagic7 said:
Did you guys see how many times our WRs ran overlapping routes or ended up stacked next to each other at the end of their route? I was starting to believe the WRs weren't hearing the playcall right in the huddle or that they weren't understanding the playcall...  Our route concepts had me scratching my head all game long.

The times when Cousins did have an NFL acceptable amount of time to throw his options were fuuuucked. stops, curls, drags... these routes over and over are a recipe for double clutch, hesitating and mistakes. That stuff has also become a reoccurring theme. Where did the offensive design that showed up for the first chunk of the season go? It's not like our offensive line was great then either. We never built on or off of anything good we did; we've gone backwards around the offensive line all season.
I cannot dispute this but what plays will Stefanski call?  They more than likely will run the same offense.  Too late to install a new offense.

when?

Cook 55yds, 4.2 per and a whopping 13 carries.

It needed to be done...  look how many games this season our offense had no rhythm to it.  Also, how many times earlier this season did we start out scoring 14+ points in the first half and then struggle to even score points in the 2nd half?  Something was going to give.  DeFelippo called plays in Cleveland and had the same issue...  too high of a pass/run ratio.
Hopefully Stefanski learned something from Shurmur about how to call a game and get an offense in a rhythm.  This team has too much talent despite some of the issues on the offensive line to be shut down like we were the past two weeks.
Anyone hear Thielen scream "It's been there all fucking day" after he picked up a long gain on a WR quick screen?  The mics picked it up late in the game...  that tells me something...

Quote: @Wetlander said:Anyone hear Thielen scream "It's been there all fucking day" after he picked up a long gain on a WR quick screen?  The mics picked it up late in the game...  that tells me something...
I didn't hear that, but that says everything you need to know. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
It needed to be done...  look how many games this season our offense had no rhythm to it.  Also, how many times earlier this season did we start out scoring 14+ points in the first half and then struggle to even score points in the 2nd half?  Something was going to give.  DeFelippo called plays in Cleveland and had the same issue...  too high of a pass/run ratio.
Hopefully Stefanski learned something from Shurmur about how to call a game and get an offense in a rhythm.  This team has too much talent despite some of the issues on the offensive line to be shut down like we were the past two weeks.
Anyone hear Thielen scream "It's been there all fucking day" after he picked up a long gain on a WR quick screen?  The mics picked it up late in the game...  that tells me something...
Didn't hear that.  But seems like the players were frustrated with the play calling as well.

Might be a bright offensive mind but couldn't adjust to game time.  3rd and two and still over thinking the room trying to throw 12/15 yd plays(where is the hot route) behind that shit line

@BlackMagic7 said:

It might not be what play he calls, its when you call it. And like Magic said, our route concepts have sucked. He will probably go back to what was working earlier in the season as far as pass plays. I think Flip was way too predictable in his play calling, and Stef will bring unpredictability (I hope!)

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
 And lord only knows what the tension was like between him and Zim.  
I'm pretty sure everyone who's gone through a divorce knows what the tension was like between those 2. I'm just glad they didn't stay together for the sake of the kids.

I'm not sure predictable is the right word. Lol... I entered this season excited to see what Flips attack would be and after 14 weeks I never figured it out...

I feel like I didnt have a clue what we were trying to do play in and out... to me is was wildly unpredictable. Not in a good way - too random.