Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings centers Pat Elflein, Nick Easton asked to get up to speed
Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Blind support is one thing, thoughtful perspective on players that aren't performing is another. I want performance, and if they aren't, then I'd prefer they become ex-Vikings and put a guy in that does the job. Kalil had plenty of opportunity and so did Clemmings, quite honestly. I don't judge quickly, but if it walks like a talk and quacks like a duck, its a damn duck.

They're all Vikings right now anyway, right? I mean, lol....if Clemmings gets cut and Kerin stays its all good then. So I don't follow your 'supporting Vikings' thing. The roster has to be cut down at some point and some will make it and others won't.
If TJ Clemmings makes this roster, I'm going to lose my shit. Seriously.

If TJ makes the roster, good for him and I will support him. If you blindly won't, that is fine. Just thought it a bit overly dramatic.
Its like supporting Christian Ponder to the end. Its pointless. He's a nice young man, seems like a good person. But he stunk out loud as a QB. TJ Clemmings isn't a good player. He's proven that. Put someone else in and I'll support that player until he proves otherwise. Who wants to support a Viking's player that isn't good? Nobody. Its the hard truth of fandom. Doesn't make that individual player a bad person. There's a big difference. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Blind support is one thing, thoughtful perspective on players that aren't performing is another. I want performance, and if they aren't, then I'd prefer they become ex-Vikings and put a guy in that does the job. Kalil had plenty of opportunity and so did Clemmings, quite honestly. I don't judge quickly, but if it walks like a talk and quacks like a duck, its a damn duck.

They're all Vikings right now anyway, right? I mean, lol....if Clemmings gets cut and Kerin stays its all good then. So I don't follow your 'supporting Vikings' thing. The roster has to be cut down at some point and some will make it and others won't.

If TJ makes the roster, good for him and I will support him. If you blindly won't, that is fine. Just thought it a bit overly dramatic.
Its like supporting Christian Ponder to the end. Its pointless. He's a nice young man, seems like a good person. But he stunk out loud as a QB. TJ Clemmings isn't a good player. He's proven that. Put someone else in and I'll support that player until he proves otherwise. Who wants to support a Viking's player that isn't good? Nobody. Its the hard truth of fandom. Doesn't make that individual player a bad person. There's a big difference. 
If they are good kids and work hard..I will cheer for them to make the team and get better.  Lots of fans aren't front runners...only fans of the star players or studs out of college, and screw the scrubs.  they are all Vikings until they aren't IMO and since I'm a fan of the team...I will be a fan of them all...except the shit bags that are me first guys.  Cut those fuckers.

@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

This just isn't a very in-depth comment. Kid only played what, 2 years of College on the O-Line, gets thrown in the fire long before he's ready his first year,gets thrown in again in year two, and bizarrely moved back and forth between the two Tackle spots and predictably gets torched.

So now he's a total bum that shouldn't make the squad? Seems like there's a bunch of O-Linemen who are playing very well right now that were bad to awful early in their careers.

Kid deserves a fair look at one consistent spot. To do otherwise would simply be bad roster management.

Eric Thompson@eric_j_thompson6m
Re: Elflein at RG today. More about flexibility/familiarity than actually putting him at RG. twitter.com/MatthewColler/…

Quote: @FSUVike said:
This just isn't a very in-depth comment. Kid only played what, 2 years of College on the O-Line, gets thrown in the fire long before he's ready his first year,gets thrown in again in year two, and bizarrely moved back and forth between the two Tackle spots and predictably gets torched.

So now he's a total bum that shouldn't make the squad? Seems like there's a bunch of O-Linemen who are playing very well right now that were bad to awful early in their careers.

Kid deserves a fair look at one consistent spot. To do otherwise would simply be bad roster management.
That is so true.  Especially with the lack of practice time and lack of physicality in practice that now limit teams.  O-Line seems to be suffering more than most and so a few years of seasoning are so important.  TJ played decent his first year.  He has the talent and ability.  Last year he just got so messed up moving around.  I hope he gets some time and can get the ghosts out of his head.

Andy Jerome Carlson‏Verified account @AndyCarlsonShow  4m4 minutes ago
More
If the last OL spot came down to Beavers or Clemmings, I'm taking Beavers all day. Seems weird to say. 64 improved. 68 has not.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Andy Jerome Carlson‏Verified account @AndyCarlsonShow  4m4 minutes ago
More
If the last OL spot came down to Beavers or Clemmings, I'm taking Beavers all day. Seems weird to say. 64 improved. 68 has not.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes
Really interesting, regarding both players. Too bad about Clemmings if he is struggling; but what genius thought moving him to Guard would help him? As for Beavers, can someone report what position(s) he has been working at? Obviously the team saw something in him to draft him in the 4th last year, so it's great if he is developing.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

"If TJ Clemmings makes this roster, I'm going to lose my shit. Seriously. "

If TJ makes this roster, than Spielman didn't get his job done this off season.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

"If TJ Clemmings makes this roster, I'm going to lose my shit. Seriously. "

If TJ makes this roster, than Spielman didn't get his job done this off season.
Completely agree.

It's whoever the coaches think is best to keep.   If they prefer Beavers fine. If not fine too.