Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not A Fan Of Flip
Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
J.C. guys!  All I did was f'n comment on the frustration of watching them repeatedly try something that wasn't working which culminated in poor possession results, which was on topic with the thread.  I'm not pissed about the game or the outcome obviously - just that I wished they'd tried fewer of those particular plays.

I don't believe I'm known to really complain about anything much regarding the team... 
No shit when a fairly knowledgeable fan remarks/complains regarding multiple STUPID play calls give him a break. Yeah we won and actually are way better then the Jets. But damn those dump passes to #14 are just pathetic. I'm not a coach but those were shit plays!

J.C. guys!  All I did was f'n comment on the frustration of watching them repeatedly try something that wasn't working which culminated in poor possession results, which was on topic with the thread.  I'm not pissed about the game or the outcome obviously - just that I wished they'd tried fewer of those particular plays.

I don't believe I'm known to really complain about anything much regarding the team... 
If you read the OP, you may understand what I was referring to.  It wasn't just a comment about a particular play.  I am not a big fan of that lateral either, but the OP was about how bad our offense was in general.  37 points bad.

Did you read the OP? I believe I was speaking in general, not specifically only to this game.

Addressing this game specifically,I think that 37 points had a lot to do with four turnovers, and good field position via some decent returns. We certainly weren't sustaining anything on third down.

Regardless, there is no flow, continuity, identity to this O. The run game was successful the first series, then an afterthought. We are paying Diggs to do what? And that God damn backwards pass has got to go. First and goal from the 3, into the wind, and you don't run once? Again, I see no creativity, no maximization of the talent other than AT19. But that's just my opinion...

Yes we struggle to run the ball, so we use short passes to supplement the run.  Cousins is lighting up the stats.  Diggs was in the top 10 for WRs not that long ago.  I see plenty of creativity and Cousins is finding the open guy.  It was a bit rough yesterday, but with Elf and Remmers the only starting O-line in their original spots, we still kept Cousins pretty clean and scored.

Just my opinion, but I think our offense is finding new ways to move the ball each week and the D is coming around.  If there was a unit that struggled, it was kick coverage.

15 yards....piling on ( theres one you dont hear called anymore )

gotcha Clob, i just think its still a work in progress & i trust they are doing things for a reason

Quote: @ATXVIKE said:

No shit when a fairly knowledgeable fan remarks/complains regarding multiple STUPID play calls give him a break. Yeah we won and actually are way better then the Jets. But damn those dump passes to #14 are just pathetic. I'm not a coach but those were shit plays!
Amen, brother!  Diggs is a thoroughbred that is being treated lately like a gimmick player.  He's not Cordarrelle Patterson.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@ATXVIKE said:

Amen, brother!  Diggs is a thoroughbred that is being treated lately like a gimmick player.  He's not Cordarrelle Patterson.
he had passes down the field.  one he dropped, another 1 or 2 were defended.

Cousins will continue to air it out to Diggs...maybe with better results against the Saints...it's happened before.

You won't keep Diggs down. He's too good. I do wonder how he'll react mood-wise if he continues to play second fiddle to Thielen in such a big way.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
You won't keep Diggs down. He's too good. I do wonder how he'll react mood-wise if he continues to play second fiddle to Thielen in such a big way.
He seems to be handling it much better than other diva WRs, but yes it is a concern.  Like I have said in other threads, Flip was trying to keep him involved.