Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what more Kirk Cousins is supposed to do....
Anyone blaming the last loss on Cousins is clueless. Ok the fumble sucked but the defense crapped out repeatedly. Cousins is a bright light in all this, along with Diggs and Thielen. And Rudolph was making some plays last game. Even with the OL issues, Cousins has done some good things. I love watching him throw the deep ball. It's a thing of beauty.

Kirk's fumbling/pocket presence comes down to how to optimize anything.  You don't optimize the entire system, you identify your biggest problem areas and optimize those first because optimizing in other areas won't make enough difference if you don't fix the big things first. Right now these beat out Kirk in terms of problem areas
1) Run blocking2) Run defense3) Pass defense4) Punt team performance
Kirk could have no fumbles from now until February and we'd be lucky to make it into the playoffs if those four areas continue to underperform the way they have so far this season.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Anyone blaming the last loss on Cousins is clueless. Ok the fumble sucked but the defense crapped out repeatedly. Cousins is a bright light in all this, along with Diggs and Thielen. And Rudolph was making some plays last game. Even with the OL issues, Cousins has done some good things. I love watching him throw the deep ball. It's a thing of beauty.
Who is blaming him for the loss?  I havent seen or heard anybody blaming cousins for the loss.

Cousins threw for 400+ yards and was our leading rusher. I don't know why that lazy bastard can't block too?

I think the fumble issue is blown madly out of proportion, as no QBs tend to thrive when their blind side protection fails.  In Cousins' case, it's failed far too consistently...and let's face it, our OL has been the bane of every Vikings QB since ol' Burt in 2009.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
Compton's name was called a lot last night....and not in a good way.  Good lord, he was doing his best saloon door impression last night and almost got Cousins killed.  That O line needs an enema.  Confused 
Tom Compton is our LG?? I could have sworn we brought old Charlie Johnson back to that spot this season...

Running game and defense has been consistent over 4 games. It's a damn miracle we are able to throw the ball at all in these conditions.

That game was about as "uphill" as it gets for an offense. Up to that point, I wasn't even sure we had the playbook to push back like we did offensively. We overcame a beatdown by their defensive line for a good part of the game; they got to Cousins in a huge way at the end.

Zerk looks like he was just pointing out the importance of that mistake - Aikman even thought Cousins could have slid up into the throw. It's out there; I don't find it to be a big deal - Cousins has looked like a stud and with a shake of fortune we could be pretty tough to play against. 

I see the Teddy fumble comparison - how about the Bradford INT against the Lions for comparison - it's a final mistake that cost us the game. It's just an observation and not an indictment...  personally, i'd probably not slide up there too considering they were crawling over our offensive lineman once they knocked them over/down on their knees. Our offensive line would probably be better with 4 defensive lineman standing there...

Can Linval Joseph play Guard? lol...

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Running game and defense has been consistent over 4 games. It's a damn miracle we are able to throw the ball at all in these conditions.

That game was about as "uphill" as it gets for an offense. Up to that point, I wasn't even sure we had the playbook to push back like we did offensively. We overcame a beatdown by their defensive line for a good part of the game; they got to Cousins in a huge way at the end.

Zerk looks like he was just pointing out the importance of that mistake - Aikman even thought Cousins could have slid up into the throw. It's out there; I don't find it to be a big deal - Cousins has looked like a stud and with a shake of fortune we could be pretty tough to play against. 

I see the Teddy fumble comparison - how about the Bradford INT against the Lions for comparison - it's a final mistake that cost us the game. It's just an observation and not an indictment...  personally, i'd probably not slide up there too considering they were crawling over our offensive lineman once they knocked them over/down on their knees. Our offensive line would probably be better with 4 defensive lineman standing there...

Can Linval Joseph play Guard? lol...
Agreed with this entire post...Yes Cousins could have stepped-up, but it should not have come down to that with a minimal defensive showing. For me it was reminiscent of what happened at Denver a few seasons back I think with Bridgewater?

I was surprised the offense could go punch to punch with that Rams O as long as they did. But settling for a close loss just wont happen with me. 

Cant help but to imagine the positive halo effect average offensive line play and a running game would have on the D and an already lethal passing game?

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
Compton's name was called a lot last night....and not in a good way.  Good lord, he was doing his best saloon door impression last night and almost got Cousins killed.  That O line needs an enema.  Confused 
Tom Compton is our LG?? I could have sworn we brought old Charlie Johnson back to that spot this season...
LOL!  Yup, "Swingin' Door" Charlie is alive and well in Compton!

It's a bad sad day when you wake up and realize your former #1 defense is the real problem with your team. Cousins put up 31 points on Thursday with a shitty O-line. So, despite us all having deep major concerns about that unit (justifiable, I do know!), the REALLL problem is the D. When I say real, I mean "the biggest." Yes, O-line is still a perennial thorn in the side, especially in light of the fact that the running game is AWOL, but our fugly messed up D is now the worst problem.