Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Everson Griffen involved in weekend incident at Minneapolis hotel
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"eckman" said:
sounds like he went off the deep end. Breaking into teamates house after the hotel thing. His season and most likely career is done, sounds like that is the least of his problems at this point.
that was a false report from what I read.

If there was no gun involved and he was just pacing around it is rather a simple incident. Sounds like he was locked out of his room at that point. 

There may be more too it than that, and if a 270# athlete is angry and threatening, it is reason to be very concerned, but if nothing actually happened, then it may be a bit overblown.
KFan reported this morning that he wasnt even a guest there,  he was at the wrong hotel.
oh.  As to the racial garbage, I don't care what color the skin, if a large physical presence of an athlete is angry and storming around my hotel at midnight, I would probably call the cops as well.  It isn't racism to recognize a large strong angry person as a threat to a night manager that was likely alone.
I dont think I ever heard what time of day it was,  the reports does say that employees (multiple) had to retreat to an office area or some such shit.  but yeah,  angry large person ranting about shooting me... i dont give a shit what color his skin is,  i am alarmed.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"eckman" said:
sounds like he went off the deep end. Breaking into teamates house after the hotel thing. His season and most likely career is done, sounds like that is the least of his problems at this point.

If there was no gun involved and he was just pacing around it is rather a simple incident. Sounds like he was locked out of his room at that point. 

There may be more too it than that, and if a 270# athlete is angry and threatening, it is reason to be very concerned, but if nothing actually happened, then it may be a bit overblown.
KFan reported this morning that he wasnt even a guest there,  he was at the wrong hotel.
oh.  As to the racial garbage, I don't care what color the skin, if a large physical presence of an athlete is angry and storming around my hotel at midnight, I would probably call the cops as well.  It isn't racism to recognize a large strong angry person as a threat to a night manager that was likely alone.
Yep. Plus add the intensity of Griffen and I'm sure it was intimidating as hell. This doesn't have anything to do with race, it has to do with a large, physically intimidating man ranting like a lunatic inappropriately and with a strong veneer of underlying threat of violence. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"eckman" said:

Yep. Plus add the intensity of Griffen and I'm sure it was intimidating as hell. This doesn't have anything to do with race, it has to do with a large, physically intimidating man ranting like a lunatic inappropriately and with a strong veneer of underlying threat of violence. 
ok... so i am an asshole here,  but I am the only one that didnt at least chuckle a little mentally with the picture of Ev ranting in his lisp.... I love the guy,  and certainly understand the situation, but when I played the scenario in my head... it was a little amusing... no?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"eckman" said:

I dont think I ever heard what time of day it was,  the reports does say that employees (multiple) had to retreat to an office area or some such shit.  but yeah,  angry large person ranting about shooting me... i dont give a shit what color his skin is,  i am alarmed.
The account I read in the Pioneer Press indicated the police were called at 1:30PM.

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"eckman" said:

The account I read in the Pioneer Press indicated the police were called at 1:30PM.
Ok, thought I read it was late at night, but that could have been just how I pictured it.

One contrarian observation here. Many people here are angrily criticizing reporters and other people who are drawing conclusions about this incident because their information is so limited. Some of those same people then make their own remarks about how Griffen is mature, a great family man, a team leader.

You're forming conclusions based on a few limited bits of information in both cases. How do you know Griffen is a mature family man? Well, he shared a photo of himself with his wife and kids. Maybe he mentioned god in an interview or two. That's hardly more info than you get from a police report.

I'm not saying Griffen is a sinner or saint. No idea, because these are public figures who work for an entertainment company that tries to control the image they present to the public. We get a few minutes of public relations about these guys that is designed to make us feel they are heroes. 

If you lived through the Adrian Peterson saga and didn't realize the public rarely knows the real personality of professional athletes before they get into some kind of trouble, you weren't paying attention. 

Its being reported on now: odd behavior for sure. Team told him last Thursday not to come to the facility until he gets a mental health exam. Sounds a lot like Richie Incognito.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"eckman" said:

Right, but most hotels have an office right behind their check in desk.  It probably meant moving 3 steps.  Not that I'm condoning whatever took place. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"eckman" said:

Right, but most hotels have an office right behind their check in desk.  It probably meant moving 3 steps.  Not that I'm condoning whatever took place. 
yep,  i was pointing out that we didnt know what time of day it was and that it was more than 1 employee reportedly,  Greed said midnight and alone.  no biggie.

Has anyone asked the question....
"What may have touched him off?"